ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fififadi
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 am

Still waiting......

We applied for a priority visa for my husband. He went for his biometrics on 06th of August. Our 30 days were up on the 18th of September. Called UKVI and was told that the application was still undergoing checks. They escalated and said to wait a 15 working days before escalating again. That would take us to 9th Sept.

On Saturday 28th my husband received an e-mail to say that they had not received the sponsors documents and we have 10 working days to submit these (all were self- uploaded to the VFS website with a receipt confirming the documentation uploaded - i spent an agonising week trying to do this) - Despite having evidence of everything uploaded and still being able to see it on the VFS website, I went to the VFS office yesterday 30th Sept and paid £75 for this to be scanned again.

Not sure if the clock for 6 weeks starts again - just buying time in my opinion!! very frustrating.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 am

Fififadi wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:48 am
Still waiting......

We applied for a priority visa for my husband. He went for his biometrics on 06th of August. Our 30 days were up on the 18th of September. Called UKVI and was told that the application was still undergoing checks. They escalated and said to wait a 15 working days before escalating again. That would take us to 9th OCT

On Saturday 28th my husband received an e-mail to say that they had not received the sponsors documents and we have 10 working days to submit these (all were self- uploaded to the VFS website with a receipt confirming the documentation uploaded - i spent an agonising week trying to do this) - Despite having evidence of everything uploaded and still being able to see it on the VFS website, I went to the VFS office yesterday 30th Sept and paid £75 for this to be scanned again.

Not sure if the clock for 6 weeks starts again - just buying time in my opinion!! very frustrating.

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Fififadi wrote:
Still waiting......

We applied for a priority visa for my husband. He went for his biometrics on 06th of August. Our 30 days were up on the 18th of September. Called UKVI and was told that the application was still undergoing checks. They escalated and said to wait a 15 working days before escalating again. That would take us to 9th Sept.

We applied for a priority visa for my husband and son. Bio-metrics were done on 4 July. When ours went over 30 days, I sent an email to complaints and was basically told all the checks were done and the applications were just waiting be assessed. I was also told that priority was not a guaranteed service and means you are paying for your application to be "put at the front of the queue" and still can take up to 12 weeks (but you are at the front of the queue). On the deadline of our 12 weeks, that very day at 16:00 they sent me an email saying the applications were not straightforward and would be assessed "as soon as possible". From what I can see online, its a generic email to buy themselves more time and like I said, they confirmed the necessary checks had been completed already, so how we are even at this stage is beyond me.

I have been trying to call all morning but I am always on hold and eventually cut off.

The 6 weeks should not start again for you ...... not entirely sure how it took so long before noticing your documents were "missing" .... don't depend too much on the word "priority" though.

Fififadi
Mood:

Post by Fififadi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:56 pm

smithy101 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Fififadi wrote:
Still waiting......

We applied for a priority visa for my husband and son. Bio-metrics were done on 4 July. When ours went over 30 days, I sent an email to complaints and was basically told all the checks were done and the applications were just waiting be assessed. I was also told that priority was not a guaranteed service and means you are paying for your application to be "put at the front of the queue" and still can take up to 12 weeks (but you are at the front of the queue). On the deadline of our 12 weeks, that very day at 16:00 they sent me an email saying the applications were not straightforward and would be assessed "as soon as possible". From what I can see online, its a generic email to buy themselves more time and like I said, they confirmed the necessary checks had been completed already, so how we are even at this stage is beyond me.

I have been trying to call all morning but I am always on hold and eventually cut off.

The 6 weeks should not start again for you ...... not entirely sure how it took so long before noticing your documents were "missing" .... don't depend too much on the word "priority" though.

Hi,

The automated and generic e-mails are the most frustrating thing as you can never tell if it's been sent just to buy them more time, or if there were genuine reasons for the case not being straight forward etc. To be honest, I was waiting for a not straight forward e-mail as i didn't expect my husband's case to be straight forward, however the not receiving documentation e-mail threw me a little as now i have no idea what stage we are at.

Each time i have called i have managed to get through - i usually call after i finish work at around 5:30-5:45 - try then? I really hope you hear some good news very soon and all others who are waiting!

Sab27
Newly Registered

Post by Sab27 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:14 am

Hello everyone :)
This forum has helped me alot while anxiously waiting for my husbands spouse visa, so I decided to post my experience hope this helps everyone :)

Online Application submitted: 31st May 2019
Priority/Non priority: Non priority
Biometrics enrolled: 14th June 2019
ECO email: 14th june
Employer contacted by UKVI: no
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: no
5th September 2019:12 weeks past and no email from home office
16th September 2019 Called the very pricey number to ask what's going on
(Lady on the phone was actually empathetic and escalated my application as no decition was made yet, so not always a bad idea to call)
17th September: Email from home office requesting for additional documents+ not straight forward email: scanned and sent document next working day even though it was scanned before
Decition made email :Not recieved
27th september 2019: TLS email stating that passport will be ready for collection soon
TLS email for collecion: not recieved
1st October 2019: Passport collected and visa granted alhumdulillah !! :D
(15.5 weeks after biometrics)

May Allah make the process easier for you all. Dont loose hope :) hope this helps.

Fizzy513
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Fizzy513 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Sab27 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:14 am
Hello everyone :)
This forum has helped me alot while anxiously waiting for my husbands spouse visa, so I decided to post my experience hope this helps everyone :)

Online Application submitted: 31st May 2019
Priority/Non priority: Non priority
Biometrics enrolled: 14th June 2019
ECO email: 14th june
Employer contacted by UKVI: no
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: no
5th September 2019:12 weeks past and no email from home office
16th September 2019 Called the very pricey number to ask what's going on
(Lady on the phone was actually empathetic and escalated my application as no decition was made yet, so not always a bad idea to call)
17th September: Email from home office requesting for additional documents+ not straight forward email: scanned and sent document next working day even though it was scanned before
Decition made email :Not recieved
27th september 2019: TLS email stating that passport will be ready for collection soon
TLS email for collecion: not recieved
1st October 2019: Passport collected and visa granted alhumdulillah !! :D
(15.5 weeks after biometrics)

May Allah make the process easier for you all. Dont loose hope :) hope this helps.

Congratulations!! Happy for you. Just a question does anyone know how long it takes for vfs centres to give passport back once the application has been assessed and they have requested passport again. My partner gave them the passport on friday. Does this mean visa has been approved? thanks

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for my uk spouse visa too.

Biometric taken (Algeria): 25th June 2019
Documents sent to home office: 4th July
Received original documents back: 21st Augest
Not straightforward email: 16th September
Called the home office to see why it's taking so long: 1st October and they said DECISION Made...

Now I'm just waiting for Tlscenter to send me an email to collect my passport.

May allah listen to our dua inshallah I wish everyone waiting good luck. I'm stressed out everyday. Checking my email every 5 minutes.

Now it has been 15 weeks waiting...

Hassan0208
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Hassan0208 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Type Of Visa Applied: Spouse Settlement - Wife
Priority/Non-Priority: Non Priority

Online submitted: 27 Jun 19
Documents submitted:28 Jun 19
Biometric submitted: 30 Jun 19
Acknowledged email: 12 Jul 19
Contacted UKVI: 25 Sep 19 ( took all my information and he said as it exited the waiting times thus he Escalted the case.)
Contacted again ukvi: 1 Oct 19 ( still under consideration)
Contacted MP : 1 Oct 19
Emailed UKVI for status: No
Decision made: No

Total 67 working days

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

It has been a week since I called homeoffice and they siad decision made... However, I havent received any email yet.

Who is in the same situation as me or had the same situation??

Thank you.

Any good news from the people waiting since July?

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:19 pm

You are very lucky that u get through to call the home office . I tried to email them a few days ago a few weeks ago and 3 days ago , but I still don’t get answer yet . my biometric was on 2nd July and still don’t get any email rather than just the visa is not straightforward.

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Try calling them at 17:00-18:00 uk time, that's around the time I called them... I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up call them again they won't charge you until they answer.
This is the number I called 00 44 20 3481 1736

Our timeline is very close. :)

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:13 am

My husband tried to Call The home office , finally it went through . They said the Decision has been made and ur wife will get the email to collect the passport . Same thing mate . Wish all luck....

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Ohh that's good news. At least now we know we don't have long to wait. It's been 8 days now waiting for the email... fingers crossed.

Malikss

Post by Malikss » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello everyone quick question please sir when home office calling for interview what number they are calling from actually I missed call today from Sheffield and I am worried now is it from home office please let me know thank you

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:06 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:45 pm
Ohh that's good news. At least now we know we don't have long to wait. It's been 8 days now waiting for the email... fingers crossed.

We got information that decision has been made through the phone . Have u got any email who tell you that decision has been made mate ?

Is anyone know how long the visa granted after u know the decision has been made ?

Thanks

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm

No, I haven't recieved an email saying decision has been made. Just on the phone.

Reading other peoples post most said they didn't get an email stating decision made until they got the email from tlscenter to collect the passport. A jentelm posted he waited 13 days after the call to get an email. So it depends.

MALIK I haven't recieved a phone call from the home office so i'm not sure. However, if it is emportant they will definitely call you back or email you.

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Application Category: Settlement Visa for Spouse (Husband)
Priority level: Non-Priority
Application submitted (Online): 20/05/2019
All Supporting documents uploaded by solicitor on 29/05/2019
Biometrics Enrolled: 29/05/2019
Email Received from UKVI for consideration by ECO: 19/06/2019
Additional Information (including any dates) if Applicable: N/A
Not Straightforward email received on: 30/08/2019
Escalated case on 26/09/2019
Received email on 09/10/19 to say case is not straightforward and they are working on the case, no timescale for decision.
Contacted for Collection: PENDING
Collection made: PENDING

I have been waiting for quite some time and thinking of involving the MP... has anyone had any luck with involving MP’s?

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Nabeel121 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 pm
Application Category: Settlement Visa for Spouse (Husband)
Priority level: Non-Priority
Application submitted (Online): 20/05/2019
All Supporting documents uploaded by solicitor on 29/05/2019
Biometrics Enrolled: 29/05/2019
Email Received from UKVI for consideration by ECO: 19/06/2019
Additional Information (including any dates) if Applicable: N/A
Not Straightforward email received on: 30/08/2019
Escalated case on 26/09/2019
Received email on 09/10/19 to say case is not straightforward and they are working on the case, no timescale for decision.
Contacted for Collection: PENDING
Collection made: PENDING

I have been waiting for quite some time and thinking of involving the MP... has anyone had any luck with involving MP’s?
not really they will say the same thing to MP...

Nabeel121

Post by Nabeel121 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 am

I’ve seen quite a few people who have received a lot of help from MPs and was also advised from my solicitor to do the same...

J86
Newly Registered

Post by J86 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 pm

My husband got his visa today day 54. From Jamaica

Fairynas
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Fairynas » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:29 am

Application submitted: 16/07/19
Biometric islamabad: 22/07/19
Documents sent to sheffield: 23/07/19
Eco email received: 31/07/19

Applied with 2 jobs

Sponsor contacted: 7/10/19 interview lasted 55 min
First employer contacted: 8/10/19
Second employer contacted: 9/10/19
All the interviews went well

On the 9/10/19 received an email saying case not straightforward this email was received 1 and half hour before second employer was contacted
Also at the end of the interview asked the lady how long is it gonna take she said that only your employment section is left once this is complete you will hear soon
Decision: still waiting
62 working day from application
58 working day from biometric
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Anyone else received the not straightforward email this month???

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Fairynas wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:29 am
Application submitted: 16/07/19
Biometric islamabad: 22/07/19
Documents sent to sheffield: 23/07/19
Eco email received: 31/07/19

Applied with 2 jobs

Sponsor contacted: 7/10/19 interview lasted 55 min
First employer contacted: 8/10/19
Second employer contacted: 9/10/19
All the interviews went well

On the 9/10/19 received an email saying case not straightforward this email was received 1 and half hour before second employer was contacted
Also at the end of the interview asked the lady how long is it gonna take she said that only your employment section is left once this is complete you will hear soon
Decision: still waiting
62 working day from application
58 working day from biometric
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Anyone else received the not straightforward email this month???
Yes ..... as far as I know it’s automated. Some of the emails even state it.

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

I think it’s sent once they have gone outside of the timeframe.

smithy101

Post by smithy101 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Working day 72.

My MP has now confirmed that he has wrote to UKVI and will write back to me once he has had a response.

Fingers crossed.

megadare
Newly Registered
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by megadare » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Yazy lat wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:19 pm
No, I haven't recieved an email saying decision has been made. Just on the phone.

Reading other peoples post most said they didn't get an email stating decision made until they got the email from tlscenter to collect the passport. A jentelm posted he waited 13 days after the call to get an email. So it depends.

MALIK I haven't recieved a phone call from the home office so i'm not sure. However, if it is emportant they will definitely call you back or email you.
Hi mate , how are u doing ?
Finally I got my visa and passport back today . Takes 74 days working days since biometric . I hope all u guys will get visa very soon .

Yazy lat
Algeria

Post by Yazy lat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Hi, i'm good just stressed.

Congratulations! Lucky you.
I'm still waiting
Wish me luck I hope the send me an email soon.

Did they send you an email that decision is made? Or you got your passport delivered straight to your house?