ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GSRSIVA
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Dependent

Post by GSRSIVA » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 am

Hi,

In this link: https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ier-5-visa

It is mentioned as
"If you got your current visa as your partner’s dependant after they settled in the UK, you must apply as the partner of a settled person instead."

In order to apply ILR for my wife, do I need to apply as a 1) partner of a settled person where I need to show proof of finances (OR) 2) partner or child of a tier 1, 2 or 5 visa-holder who has settled in the UK?

1) My wife came to UK in April 2014 on tier-1 dependent visa and was on 5-year route to ILR
2) I got ILR in May 2016
3) I extended my wife's visa on June 2017 as a tier-1 dependent valid until June 2020 after I settled in UK

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR - Dependent

Post by aman90 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 am

It depends on how you got ur ILR.
Under PBS, ur dependants also follow the same route- SET(o)

GSRSIVA
Newly Registered
India

Post by GSRSIVA » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:24 am

Hi Aman90,

I came to UK on Tier1 visa in Oct 2010
I received my ILR in May 2016
My main concern is I extended my wife's recent visa after I received my ILR.
Will this mean she got her recent visa after I settled in UK?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 pm

As you weren't granted ILR under long residence, your wife doesn't need to switch to FLR(M) and can continue on her visa under the PBS dependent visa and apply for settlement on SET(O)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:06 pm

GSRSIVA wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:24 am
My main concern is I extended my wife's recent visa after I received my ILR.
Will this mean she got her recent visa after I settled in UK?
She applies as PBS Dependent on SET(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

GSRSIVA
Newly Registered
India

Post by GSRSIVA » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks Casa & CR001

also, two more questions
1) My wife finished Life in UK test in Aug 2015, will it be still valid? to apply for ILR in Oct 2019

2) She also received a certificate from UKNARIC on Sep 2015 confirming that her Bachelor's degree (From India) is equivalent to CEFR level C1.
Is this enough to support her English Language requirement. Or, do I need to apply again for UKNARIC certificate to get both
a) Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC
b) English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:48 pm

1) My wife finished Life in UK test in Aug 2015, will it be still valid? to apply for ILR in Oct 2019
LIUK does NOT expire.
2) She also received a certificate from UKNARIC on Sep 2015 confirming that her Bachelor's degree (From India) is equivalent to CEFR level C1.
Is this enough to support her English Language requirement. Or, do I need to apply again for UKNARIC certificate to get both
a) Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS) from UK NARIC
b) English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC
She needs UK NARIC English and Comparable assessment. Costs £150, same price as the B1 test. As she has NOT been required to prove English for Tier 2 Dependent visas, she must meet the exact requirements for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Ok we are in the same boat I guess. Even though my wife used her UKNARIC CEFR Level C1 certificate in the past along with her master's degree certificate and university letter confirming english language taught in english is not sufficient for ILR application for PBS Dependents?

So she has to apply again UK NARIC English and Comparable assessment? This is because she is now applying for ILR as Dependent?

ram14esh

Re: ILR - Dependent -Urgent

Post by ram14esh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:43 am

Guys can you pls advise where in UK Naric website i can apply for -UK NARIC English and Comparable assessment?

What i see is as below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on your specific circumstances, you will receive one or both of the below:

The Academic Qualification Level Statement (AQUALS). This confirms the academic level of your degree(s).

The English Language Proficiency Statement (ELPS). This confirms the English proficiency level evidenced by your degree(s).

UKVI case workers can check and verify these paper statements direct with UK NARIC.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any guru's your urgent response will be helpful as I may need to re-schedule BPR appointment for my wife's ILR Dependent super-priority application pls.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR - Dependent -Urgent

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:36 am

ram14esh wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:43 am
Did you try the Naric website?
https://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am

yes and this is what i see?

https://www.naric.org.uk/NARIC/individu ... ts/van.pdf

is this the right one?

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:56 am

this is just comparing to CEFR C1?

ram14esh

Re: ILR - Dependent - Very Urgent

Post by ram14esh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Very urgent guys will it be 2 parts one for Degree Comparision confirming Hons Degree or so and other part is confirming CEFR level C1 or B1?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: ILR - Dependent - Very Urgent

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:50 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 pm
Very urgent guys will it be 2 parts one for Degree Comparision confirming Hons Degree or so and other part is confirming CEFR level C1 or B1?
1. No offence but you’ve hijacked someone else’s post. Don’t tag ur questions here.

2. Cr001 has answered a similar question above. Please read.

3. Start ur own post/thread.

4. https://www.gov.uk/english-language

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 am

Apologize Aman I saw this one was relevant to my Spouse ILR case so posted my queries. I have got my ILR and citizenship following this forum so posted a detailed one for my Spouse ILR application. Would appreciate your and all guru's help for my new post urgently will be very helpful as we have appointment in couple of days.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:01 am

ram14esh wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:17 am
Apologize Aman I saw this one was relevant to my Spouse ILR case so posted my queries. I have got my ILR and citizenship following this forum so posted a detailed one for my Spouse ILR application. Would appreciate your and all guru's help for my new post urgently will be very helpful as we have appointment in couple of days.
It is rude to tag onto other members topic and hijack the thread with your own persistent questions, regardless of how much help you have received from.the forum. It is unfair to the original poster.

Perhaps read the forum rules again, FAQs link below, see point 12 specifically??

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html

Apologies to the original poster for locking the thread to avoid people just just tagging on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

GSRSIVA
Newly Registered
India

ILR (PBS) Dependent

Post by GSRSIVA » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,

Could you please let me know whether the following levels form UKNARIC for English qualification is sufficient to apply for ILR as PBS dependent. I have a bachelor's degree

1) The level of english for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1

2) Statement of comparability: UK Framework levels: RFQ Level6 / SCQF level 10 / CQFW Level 6

Thanks,
GSR

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Yes. ILR needs min B1 level which is lower than C1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

GSRSIVA
Newly Registered
India

Post by GSRSIVA » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 pm

ILR visa granted for my wife and son.

Today we received an email from UKVAC stating that ILR has been granted and BRP will be sent in due course.

We went to 40 Mark lane, London to submit biometrics on Saturday and we received ILR visa confirmation on Tuesday.

Thanks to everybody who helped me, especially Zimba!

Soon, I need to start a next post, to know how to apply for citizenship for me.