ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on the ILR Application - Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vika09
Newly Registered

Question on the ILR Application - Help

Post by vika09 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi there,

I need some help with interpreting a question on the online application for the ILR (based on 5 year continuous residence on Tier 2). It asks:

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"
  • Is the question asking me to list every single time I have lived in a country that isn't the UK and exclude my country of birth? OR
  • Is it asking me to list every single time I have lived in a country outside the UK, but also include my country of birth?
The reason I ask is because I whilst I was studying in the UK, I travelled back to Singapore/India/Thailand every single "break" (Christmas, Easter, Summer); which means that if I have to list this time outside the UK, it's going to be a massive list. Similarly, I've lived around the world a fair bit and moved to and from my country of birth, which has the chance of making the list even longer.

Could anyone give an idea/view on how this question is supposed to be answered?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Question on the ILR Application - Help

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:50 pm

vika09 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Hi there,

I need some help with interpreting a question on the online application for the ILR (based on 5 year continuous residence on Tier 2). It asks:

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"
  • Is the question asking me to list every single time I have lived in a country that isn't the UK and exclude my country of birth? OR
  • Is it asking me to list every single time I have lived in a country outside the UK, but also include my country of birth?
The reason I ask is because I whilst I was studying in the UK, I travelled back to Singapore/India/Thailand every single "break" (Christmas, Easter, Summer); which means that if I have to list this time outside the UK, it's going to be a massive list. Similarly, I've lived around the world a fair bit and moved to and from my country of birth, which has the chance of making the list even longer.

Could anyone give an idea/view on how this question is supposed to be answered?

Thanks.
Is it asking me to list every single time I have lived in a country outside the UK, but also include my country of birth?
Yes

The question is asking LIVING not travelling to. So that will include work, study etc only.

While you were studying in UK, you lived in UK even tho you travelled to other countries. Thats not needed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.