ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU husband married to another woman

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Non EU husband married to another woman

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 pm

Dear all
Could you please help me regarding this question
Friend of mine she is European she is working part time and she have got her pre settled statues granted as she arrived to uk December 2017
She is married to man from Egypt but that man have another wife they are married and they don't want divorce because they have kids together
But my friend the European she wants to bring her husband here what she can do regarding to that ? Is that problem that her husband married another woman in Egypt?
I'm looking forward to your answer
Thank you alot
Kind regards

Casa

Re: Non EU husband married to another woman

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 pm
Dear all
Friend of mine she is European she is working part time and she have got her pre settled statues granted as she arrived to uk December 2017
She is married to man from Egypt but that man have another wife they are married and they don't want divorce because they have kids together
But my friend the European she wants to bring her husband here what she can do regarding to that ? Is that problem that her husband married another woman in Egypt?
Thank you alot
Kind regards
This isn't looking good. Which wife did he marry first and where did the marriage take place :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Dear all
Thank you alot
Kind regards
Hello

Technically, your friend is his mistress. He is married, has a wife, kids... and he is having an affair with your friend.

At the moment, there is no "mistress" visa or visas for similar arrangements.

She can go live with him in Egypt.

I have seen many of these stories and I don't remember a single ONE that ended up well.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:10 am

Whether the friend is the 'mistress' or the legal wife depends on which marriage took place first. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:10 am
Whether the friend is the 'mistress' or the legal wife depends on which marriage took place first. :idea:
In Egypt, they are have an "Ourfi Marriage". I have seen some Western women engaging in that when they have a relationship with a local man.

It's not a true marriage. It's just to make sure you don't get arrested under the local laws.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:28 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:19 am
Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:10 am
In Egypt, they are have an "Ourfi Marriage". I have seen some Western women engaging in that when they have a relationship with a local man.

It's not a true marriage. It's just to make sure you don't get arrested under the local laws.
Exactly, which is why I've also asked where the marriage took place.
(Casa, not CR001)

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:44 am

Exactly, which is why I've also asked where the marriage took place.
I agree. Let see what the OP comes back with.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:31 am
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Dear all
Thank you alot
Kind regards
This isn't looking good. Which wife did he marry first and where did the marriage take place :?:
Thank you casa , He married the European wife second and his first wife non eu wife he have kids from her.
He married his European wife in Dubai

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 am
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Dear all
Thank you alot
Kind regards
Hello

Technically, your friend is his mistress. He is married, has a wife, kids... and he is having an affair with your friend.

At the moment, there is no "mistress" visa or visas for similar arrangements.

She can go live with him in Egypt.

I have seen many of these stories and I don't remember a single ONE that ended up well.
Thank you Zerubbabel for your advice and answer I really appreciate it , I know it doesn't look good just wanted to know if any options for her to live here that's all , thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm

In which case, your friend has no option to bring her partner to the UK as her spouse, as the marriage won't be legally recognised under British law.
(Casa, not CR001)

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:24 pm
In which case, your friend has no option to bring her partner to the UK as her spouse, as the marriage won't be legally recognised under British law.
Thanks Casa I gonna tell her that

Kind regards