ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jhugu
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension

Post by Jhugu » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:08 am

Hi,
I need to ask u about our visa.my visa is refused on 12 sep and my solicitor received it on 16 sep. but until now they don’t give me any refusal letter. I personally call to home office then in return they send me email about my this situation. During this time I apply my husband Ilr on 21 sep for vary of this application. Because this time I don’t have any confirmation about my visa.Now I send request to home office for copy of my refusal letter.At this time please help me that should I need to get any extension of time or I am over stay of this country. What is the situation of my husband application. It will be invalid or refused.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am

On what basis has your husband applied for ILR?

What is his UK immigration history??

If you used a solicitor for your application, all letters are sent to them, not to you as you have told HO you have a representative acting on your behalf. Have you asked your solicitor to give you the letter?? That would be the obvious thing to do.

If you did not submit the AR within 14 days, then yes you are now an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jhugu
Newly Registered

Post by Jhugu » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:17 am
On what basis has your husband applied for ILR?

What is his UK immigration history??

If you used a solicitor for your application, all letters are sent to them, not to you as you have told HO you have a representative acting on your behalf. Have you asked your solicitor to give you the letter?? That would be the obvious thing to do.

If you did not submit the AR within 14 days, then yes you are now an overstayer.
Hi,
My solicitor don’t give me any letter because he said we have not received any letter. But I have confirmation from Home office about my decision
No my solicitor is not pick up my phone.i already request to home office for copy of my decision.
Please help me that how I can request to home office for extension of my time.i am still don’t get any letter of refusal from my solicitor.

Thanks

Jhugu
Newly Registered

Post by Jhugu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 am

My husband lived in this country for last 9 and half years. When he vary his application for Ilr we didn’t know about our refusal.He applied his application after 5 days of refusal.now he is overstay with me or he can continue his own application. I am still not received any letter from home office.

Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Jhugu wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:29 am
My husband lived in this country for last 9 and half years. When he vary his application for Ilr we didn’t know about our refusal.He applied his application after 5 days of refusal.now he is overstay with me or he can continue his own application. I am still not received any letter from home office.

Thanks
Your posts are not clear.
If your husband has only been here for 9 and a half years, how did he apply for ILR on long residence basis ?
If the decision was made on 12th Sept, he could not have varied his application as it had already been decided.
If the solicitor did not give you the refusal letter, how did you know it was refused on 12th Sept ? When were you made aware of the refusal ?
HO can always make exceptions but they are unlikely to do so unless there are very compelling reasons - and you most probably will need to go to court and also file a complaint against your solicitor.
If your husband was on a dependant visa based on your visa, then both of you are currently overstayers.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Jhugu
Newly Registered

Post by Jhugu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi,
I applied my husband ilr on Human rights base. I personally call to Home office on 7 Oct and then they send me email on next day about my packet which I exactly don’t know. when I checked my email I found that one person received this packet.But my solicitor is lying that he don’t receive any mail from my name.Now he is not picking up my phone and his office is closed where I apply my visa.when I apply my husband visa I don’t know my situation.here is home office email:
12 sep issue letter from home office
16 sep delivery date of parcel
7 Oct contact to home office
8 Oct date of reply
Now current still waiting for letter from my solicitor.
I send already email 9 Oct to home office for copy of my letter.

Please help me how I handle this situation.

Thanks