ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

Buloy214
Newly Registered
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by Buloy214 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 am

iibdii wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm
Buloy214 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Good day everyone. I just wanted to get a piece of advice regarding my situation.
I am non eu married to eu national for 6 yrs until present. I was married Feb. 2013, my wife and I live together for 3 yrs, then we decided to get seperated after 3 yrs but never divorse. Year 2016, she went back to Italy, and shes been away like 6-7 months, then she came back to uk to work. For some reason, she decided again to go back to Italy Dec. 2018. Before she left, she is aware that may Residence Permit will be expiring Jan 2019. So she left her passport, and p60 together with all her payslip incase I applied for PR before my Visa expired. By January 2019, I applied for PR, but I was denied, for the reason of invalid ID from my wife, as her passport was reported as lost and stolen. Anyway, after 6 months of trying to get in touch with her, she finally contacted me, and she said she will apply for the settlement scheme. Not sure weather she will be qualified as she has been out of the Uk since Dec. 2018, and for me If I am eligible to apply as my Visa already expired sinced January 2019. so technically I am a overstayer, and not allowed to be in the UK as my wife was not in here.My question is, Do you think if she applied for the scheme, even though she is not here in UK, will the HO accept her application? And if I link my application to her, would it be a problem because my Residence Permit already expired last January 2019? My applogies for my long post, if someone could share the same boat as mine, please kindly share your exp. Thank you so much.
Did u have your EEA permit during the time you were together? If you completed 3 years you can apply on your own, will take some time but at least once coa comes you will not be overstayer.
Do it through their website you have nothing to lose keep that expired permit safe as that is main document that will get you settled status
Hi iibdii, thank you for your reply,
I have a valid Residence Permit as a Family member of EU national, issued by HO during that 3 yrs. My only concern is, if I am eligible to to apply even my Residence permit expired last January 2019, because she has been away in thw uk since dec 2018, I shouldnt be allowed to be here either? Anyway, i will try to apply for this scheme, if they accept my application, great. But if not. Then bettter to leave. Goodluck to all your application guys. Hope everyone get their pre-settled and settled status.

iibdii
Palestine

Post by iibdii » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi iibdii, thank you for your reply,
I have a valid Residence Permit as a Family member of EU national, issued by HO during that 3 yrs. My only concern is, if I am eligible to to apply even my Residence permit expired last January 2019, because she has been away in thw uk since dec 2018, I shouldnt be allowed to be here either? Anyway, i will try to apply for this scheme, if they accept my application, great. But if not. Then bettter to leave. Goodluck to all your application guys. Hope everyone get their pre-settled and settled status.
If you go through this whole thread you will find many cases with overstayer status applying and even got status. My EEa was expired in January took 8 months to go through other process going for PR which was refused, appeal refused as well i applied after in August and got my COA in sept.
All i can say is read through whole guidelines for SS and apply asap

Nasara1

Post by Nasara1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm

dimiku wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm
Hi all
I have applied under the EU Settlement Scheme on 24-04-2019 and I am yet to receive my decision.
Is it ok to add more evidence event hough I wasnt asked to provide anything yet.
I won't advice you to.I did that I guess it's complicating matters.I'd rather you wait for them to ask for any additional document.That's just my opinion based on personal experience and the interactions I had with them I spoke to them on different occasions.I have actually regretted.I am still waiting and hoping for the best.

MM24

Post by MM24 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 am

Recieved CoA and Presettled today

Application 26th aug
Biometrics 10th sept
Coa and status 11th oct

Married to eu citizen transferring from tier 2 general.
Submitted marriage cert

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 am

Nasara1 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:06 pm
dimiku wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm
Hi all
I have applied under the EU Settlement Scheme on 24-04-2019 and I am yet to receive my decision.
Is it ok to add more evidence event hough I wasnt asked to provide anything yet.
I won't advice you to.I did that I guess it's complicating matters.I'd rather you wait for them to ask for any additional document.That's just my opinion based on personal experience and the interactions I had with them I spoke to them on different occasions.I have actually regretted.I am still waiting and hoping for the best.
hi Nasara1
Thank you for this.
I am getting very frustrated with the waiting and I thought adding more evidence could help, but you have a point, it just might make the case more complicated.
I have been waiting for nearly 6 months now, I just got my COA on 14-06-2019 nothing else.

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 am

MM24 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 am
Recieved CoA and Presettled today

Application 26th aug
Biometrics 10th sept
Coa and status 11th oct

Married to eu citizen transferring from tier 2 general.
Submitted marriage cert
Congrats!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 am

sista wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi everyone
This is my timeline. I applied online as I do not have a biometrics residence card.

Application type: Non EU
Applied on: 18th Aug 2019
Biometrics: 22nd Aug 2019
COA: 4th October 2019 - 4.04pm
Settled status: 4th October 2019 - 4.08pm

My husband and children with Portuguese passports applied and got status within 2 days of application.

Hope it helps someone.
hi sista
Congratulation.
Can you tell us, what type of visa did you have previously?

MM24

Post by MM24 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:09 am

On a call with the Home Office they did give me some useful information. You can escalate if you haven't recieved your Coa after 6 weeks.

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Hello guys ,
I have question to ask if any of you from thier experience can please answer.

So I am a Canadian national married to a german citizen and we will apply for pre settlement scheme tomorrow. I have 6 month eea family permit which is expiring on 24th Jan 2020. If I dont get the pre settled status but I do get COA, can i continue staying in uk after jan 24th based on COA or do I have to leave uk and apply for eea family permit while my application is still in process for pre settles status.
This is all based on if I dint get the status in 3 months timeframe.
Thanks!!

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm

abimfol wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:59 am
Hi guys please does anyone know if I can leave the country to return later? I have a valid EU settlement scheme family permit issued for 6 months expiring in January. I've applied for pre-settled status no COA yet nothing but I just want to know if I leave the country won't affect my application and can I enter the UK with my current visa?

Please advise

Regards
Can someone help with this please?

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Kanuppal wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Hello guys ,

So I am a Canadian national married to a german citizen and we will apply for pre settlement scheme tomorrow. I have 6 month eea family permit which is expiring on 24th Jan 2020. If I dont get the pre settled status but I do get COA, can i continue staying in uk after jan 24th based on COA or do I have to leave uk and apply for eea family permit while my application is still in process for pre settles status.
Thanks!!
Try applying after your husband has applied, as it will give you a faster decision, (i.e.if you are both presently in the UK and your husband can prove he has been here for the status he wants to apply for). I know you will get it but it might take time as they claim to have load of applications this period.

second answer: Yes, if you get the COA, it should not take up to three months to get your decision, unless your case is complicated or complex for them. SO yes, you can stay in the UK during this period even while waiting for your decision.

Good luck.

BellaKris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by BellaKris » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 pm

abimfol wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm
abimfol wrote:
Hi guys please does anyone know if I can leave the country to return later? I have a valid EU settlement scheme family permit issued for 6 months expiring in January. I've applied for pre-settled status no COA yet nothing but I just want to know if I leave the country won't affect my application and can I enter the UK with my current visa?

Please advise

Regards
Hi,
You should be able to travel in and out on your current visa but try not to stay away for too long. Also, as it seems you are waiting on a decision, I would advice that you wait for your decision, as a BRP will be sent to your address after COA and decision letter has been sent. IS there anyone who is able to receive them on your behalf. I do hope your COA comes quickly, can I know when you applied as you might be expected to further submit documents or get your biometrics done.....depending on your application case.

I hope this helps as I am not an expert but giving my personal advice. Goodluck

covertak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by covertak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 pm

All Home Office applications within the UK advise you not to make any trips until the decision has been made, although the guide does not state anything specific about it, it may be that even if you have a valid visa, a trip with a application in process, there may be a negative impact on the result, or in the case of the setlement scheme as they have to do everything not to deny it, there may be a long delay until they know what to do since it is still in beta. Remembering that your visa is already at the base of the new scheme so the chance of having an impact sounds much higher.

covertak
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by covertak » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:40 pm

abimfol wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:55 pm
abimfol wrote:

Please advise

Regards
All Home Office applications within the UK advise you not to make any trips until the decision has been made, although the guide does not state anything specific about it, it may be that even if you have a valid visa, a trip with a application in process, there may be a negative impact on the result, or in the case of the setlement scheme as they have to do everything not to deny it, there may be a long delay until they know what to do since it is still in beta. Remembering that your visa is already at the base of the new scheme so the chance of having an impact sounds much higher.

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm

After 6 weeks of application submitted.I haven’t yet received nothing so I called today to Eu resolution centre . And I talked with the lady , she is very helpful . She said she has escalated my case and will receive my Coa within this Friday . I hope this really happens .
Best of luck to everyone of us who has been waiting and waiting .

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:02 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:07 pm
After 6 weeks of application submitted.I haven’t yet received nothing so I called today to Eu resolution centre . And I talked with the lady , she is very helpful . She said she has escalated my case and will receive my Coa within this Friday . I hope this really happens .
Update : just received my Coa 😊 hope to get a decision shortly as well . This morning phone call totally worth it .

1990phusang
France

Post by 1990phusang » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:02 pm
1990phusang wrote:
Update : just received my Coa 😊 hope to get a decision shortly as well . This morning phone call totally worth it .
Happy happy me 😊 just got my pre settlement status just now . So happy today I got both Coa in the morning and status in the evening . I pray for everyone who has been waiting to get their decision to get soon . And I am very thankful to this forum ,without this forum and beautiful who had help me to make my application successfully. Thank you everyone 😊🙏🏼

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm
1990phusang wrote:
1990phusang wrote:
Happy happy me 😊 just got my pre settlement status just now . So happy today I got both Coa in the morning and status in the evening . I pray for everyone who has been waiting to get their decision to get soon . And I am very thankful to this forum ,without this forum and beautiful who had help me to make my application successfully. Thank you everyone 😊🙏🏼
Congratulations. May I ask when you did your biometrics?

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Kamote0926 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 am
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:11 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:12 pm
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:42 pm

The waiting is alarming! Please just want to ask if anyone know how long it takes to receive a decision after COA, it took 6 weeks for me to get it and now I dont know how long I have to wait for the decision.
Hi, May I ask when did you recieved your COA? Thanks
@K, I received it on the 4th of October. 6 weeks after Biometrics.

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating
Hi K, any news? A friend of mind that I helped submit the application just got his yesterday, barely 3 weeks and am here still waiting. It's so funny but such is life. Dont really get it and why there is so much delay. I said I wont call the resolution centre but at this rate, I think I will call to give them a small notch in my direction. The wait is killing.

PRISCYOBI
Newly Registered

Post by PRISCYOBI » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:24 pm

1990phusang wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:01 pm
1990phusang wrote:
1990phusang wrote:
Congratulations! 🙏🙏🙏Amen to the prayers.

Misfits
Newly Registered

Post by Misfits » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Kamote0926 wrote:

Hi, I recieved mine 30th of Sept. In the COA its says " you will recieved a decision shortly" but the question is how long is that "shortly" a weeks a month or a year? 😂😂😂 we dont know. Some people here they havent recieved anything even coa for more than 2-3 months. This is really frustrating
Hi K, any news? A friend of mind that I helped submit the application just got his yesterday, barely 3 weeks and am here still waiting. It's so funny but such is life. Dont really get it and why there is so much delay. I said I wont call the resolution centre but at this rate, I think I will call to give them a small notch in my direction. The wait is killing.

Hey, I hope you hear from them soon , I did my Biomectrics 13-October and I’m still waiting on COA 🙇‍♀️

13-September* I meant , so it’s officially 1 month and counting.

Kamote0926
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by Kamote0926 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 am

PRISCYOBI wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:21 pm
Kamote0926 wrote:
PRISCYOBI wrote:
Kamote0926 wrote:

Hello my friend. Havent heard anything from the HO. Did your friend applied after you? I am planning to call the EU settlement resolution before the end of this month if I havent recieved the decision. Try to phone them, and please let us know what they advised regarding your application. I will post mine once I called them.

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:33 am

Kanuppal wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:43 pm
Hello guys ,

Thanks!!

Under EU rules, you have a right of residence that doesn't depend on your family permit. The permit is just an acknowledgement of your existing right to enter and stay (not that airport staff in practice always see it as optional, unfortunately).
After Brexit though, anything goes. But if we get an extension, then you're definitely fine to stay.

Tifotifo
Newly Registered

Post by Tifotifo » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:35 am

Hi everyone 
I applied for my pre settled status and the application go through ok, after 3 weeks i received call from home office saying that they will give me pre settled status, since then I haven't received anything at all no email or call to show me my status even when I go to view my status its showing under process, another question I heard alot doing thier biometric I haven't received anything about biometric is that normal.

Manmoth
Newly Registered

Post by Manmoth » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 am

iibdii wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:51 pm
Manmoth wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am
asadaqeel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm
Hi Congratulations.

Please can you share your timeline and also advise what nationality was your wife and what document she had to provide ?

Many Thanks
Asad
My overall timeline:
Wife: Singaporean.
Got married October 2014 in Singapore - was a dual Irish/British citizen.
Renounced British citizenship November 2014. Now only Irish.
EU family permit achieved ~January 2015.
She arrives here (Northern Ireland) February 2015.
Biometric Residence Card achieved ~June 2016.
Applied for pre-settled status May 2019:
Didn't have to submit too much in the way of documentation due to previous BRC application. Think it was a few months' worth of bank statements, our passports, and a scan of the residence card. Didn't have to provide the marriage certificate again (it has my old UK passport number on it, so didn't want to risk confusion from that anyway).
Not sure when COA was received, it's probably in her Junk folder lol.
Pre-settled status received October 2019.
I guess we'll be trying to upgrade it to settled in February, but we don't have many documents from the first few years because we sent them all with an Irish citizenship application for her last year, which was rejected, and they refuse to give back any documents proving residence... hopefully we can just print off P60s or something.
Congratulations that certainly took some time, could i ask you did you mention your British nationality at all in her pre settlement application or if they asked anything?
To clarify, I did renounce previously. I didn't mention anything about it, and they didn't ask, but I'm not sure if they actually have some kind of database to check for dual nationality, or if they're prone to just assume you don't.
I am in same dilemma was given EU family permit without needing to renouncing the British nationality, that one is finished now and partner is still dual so i am afraid its gonna be an issue. Applied 6th August so only 2 months yet, evidence were requested last month and further request this month all submitted.
The caseworker guidance says dual British nationality cases should be rejected, so it really just depends on how attentive they are, and how invasive the questions are. I don't remember if they ever explicitly ask for all nationalities, or if they just ask for a passport, in which case you might get away with just keeping quiet about the British citizenship. Seems a bit risky, though - what if they later realise their mistake, and withdraw the settled status? I'd have your partner renounce their citizenship if they can without much consequence. It was easy for me because Irish citizenship is basically just as good as British citizenship in the UK.