ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alijafri
Mood:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Post by alijafri » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi Zimba/CR/Marcnath

My cousin is applying soon for his first T1 Entrepreneur Extension. I would like to ask some questions. I would appreciate your kind responses on the matter:

1. Although discussed multiple times - to show investment, is personal bank statement mandatory ?
2. For Job creation, is it possible that the job was created in July 2017 but employee only started in Sep 2017 as hiring took time ? If yes, which document to provide to prove job was created ?
3. Is there any limitation to when job was created ? one job was created in literally the last year of visa. Is that okay ?
4. Can I show 3 employees for job creation, all full time and 12 months each. Because I just dont know which is appropriate to claim and want to make sure it exceeds the requirement than being under stated. Whats your opinion ?
5. Is ILR holder regarded as a settled person and acceptable for job creation purpose ?
6. There was another director involved in the company (as a face of company and an unpaid consultant) however with 0% shareholding. Does that affect the application ?
7. The director was just a business goodwill director with no shareholding. He has since resigned as well as the business is now well established. Does he have to mention about the director on that on his application. ?
8. In application Entrepreneur Requirements section, there is a question that says ''Are there any other directors or partners in the business(es) you are involved with? " - what should be the logical answer of this in light of the above 2 questions ?
9. The directors name shows in 1 of 3 years company annual accounts - i again hope that will not be an issue ?
10. In funding section, there is a question for date of first investment, and the investment amount - is this total investment figure or just the first investment figure ?
11. Job titles for 2 employees have to be different to be acceptable - (one is sales assistant other one sales executive) ?
12. Job 1 was created in 01/08/2017 and employee A joined same date - however he left after 4 months and Employee B joined then and stayed for 12 months - I want to claim employee B as he had full 12 months - is that okay ?
13. If okay for question 11, then whats the way to show job creation date as P46 will only show Employee B's joining date which will be later to job creation date. - whats the solution ?
14. Very silly question to ask at this stage of visa but the business involves motor trade (sales and purchase of cars) - I am sure this is acceptable business ? :)

I would appreciate your kind quick expert opinion on the matters above.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:05 pm

5. Is ILR holder regarded as a settled person and acceptable for job creation purpose ?
Yes

alijafri
Mood:

Post by alijafri » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:11 am

Dear Experts

Awaiting your kind response on the matter please.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 am

alijafri wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:00 pm
Hi Zimba/CR/Marcnath

My cousin is applying soon for his first T1 Entrepreneur Extension. I would like to ask some questions. I would appreciate your kind responses on the matter:

1. Although discussed multiple times - to show investment, is personal bank statement mandatory ?
No, but you need to show that personal money was invested and the personal bank statement is the easiest way of doing that.
alijafri wrote:

2. For Job creation, is it possible that the job was created in July 2017 but employee only started in Sep 2017 as hiring took time ? If yes, which document to provide to prove job was created ?
Yes. No document needs to be provided.
alijafri wrote:

3. Is there any limitation to when job was created ? one job was created in literally the last year of visa. Is that okay ?
Yes, it is ok
alijafri wrote:

4. Can I show 3 employees for job creation, all full time and 12 months each. Because I just dont know which is appropriate to claim and want to make sure it exceeds the requirement than being under stated. Whats your opinion ?
Sure
alijafri wrote:

Yes
alijafri wrote:

6. There was another director involved in the company (as a face of company and an unpaid consultant) however with 0% shareholding. Does that affect the application ?
No, unless that DIrector is also a T1E applicant and using the investment/job creation for his/her T1E visa
alijafri wrote:

7. The director was just a business goodwill director with no shareholding. He has since resigned as well as the business is now well established. Does he have to mention about the director on that on his application. ?
No
alijafri wrote:

8. In application Entrepreneur Requirements section, there is a question that says ''Are there any other directors or partners in the business(es) you are involved with? " - what should be the logical answer of this in light of the above 2 questions ?
Answer truthfully - the question refers to the time at which you submit the application.
alijafri wrote:

9. The directors name shows in 1 of 3 years company annual accounts - i again hope that will not be an issue ?
No
alijafri wrote:

10. In funding section, there is a question for date of first investment, and the investment amount - is this total investment figure or just the first investment figure ?
First investmetn is first investment
alijafri wrote:

11. Job titles for 2 employees have to be different to be acceptable - (one is sales assistant other one sales executive) ?
No, but it is causes less confusion
alijafri wrote:

12. Job 1 was created in 01/08/2017 and employee A joined same date - however he left after 4 months and Employee B joined then and stayed for 12 months - I want to claim employee B as he had full 12 months - is that okay ?
You always claim for JOB, not employee. It does not matter, you can claim A for 4 months, B for 8 months, A for 1 month, B for 11 month or any other combination you can dream of
alijafri wrote:

13. If okay for question 11, then whats the way to show job creation date as P46 will only show Employee B's joining date which will be later to job creation date. - whats the solution ?
Just fill the application form with the appropriate information
alijafri wrote:

14. Very silly question to ask at this stage of visa but the business involves motor trade (sales and purchase of cars) - I am sure this is acceptable business ? :)

I would appreciate your kind quick expert opinion on the matters above.

Thanks
Yes
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

alijafri
Mood:

Post by alijafri » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi Marcnath

Thank you. And You have been an amazing support.

1. Their visa expires 20th October and they are applying on 18th. Means earliest Biometrics will be later than 20th. Is that acceptable ?

2. Also, how much IHS will they have to pay for extension for 4 ppl ?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:48 am

alijafri wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:06 pm
Hi Marcnath

Thank you. And You have been an amazing support.

1. Their visa expires 20th October and they are applying on 18th. Means earliest Biometrics will be later than 20th. Is that acceptable ?

2. Also, how much IHS will they have to pay for extension for 4 ppl ?
1. Yes
2. I don't recall offhand - I'll have to google,which I think you can. But I think it is £400 per person per year
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.