ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ilruk84

Spouse Visa requirements

Post by ilruk84 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Dear All,

I will be getting married end of December this year in Pakistan it will be an arranged marriage. I have meet the girl last year in December 2018 and got engaged to her in May 2019 she has done masters degree and currently working in a bank.

I will be applying for her visa around in Feb next year I am currently earning more than £18,600 I have mortgage on my name and all other areas already are covered as well i.e. 6 months bank statements, payslip etc the question I have is do I need to provide email/whatsapp/Skype chat when applying for visa? If yes then for how long I need to cover this for I can definitely do for month or two after I get married but do I also need to provide anything prior to getting married to her as currently we are not talking as in our culture girls are not normally allowed to talk to their future husband before marriage? Are there any other requirements pre marriage that I will need to consider for visa? Will this cause any issue? Can someone shed some light on this please.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa requirements

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm
the question I have is do I need to provide email/whatsapp/Skype chat when applying for visa? If yes then for how long I need to cover this for I can definitely do for month or two after I get married but do I also need to provide anything prior to getting married to her as currently we are not talking as in our culture girls are not normally allowed to talk to their future husband before marriage?

Thanks
To meet the visa requirement you will have to attach the subsisting relationship evidences which include email, whatsapp chat, video log in addition of other evidences such as pictures, money/gift receipts, travel tickets, passport entry & exit stamps. As it is an arranged marriage so to keep the things easier just say that you met her on wedding day then make sure to attach all email, skype/whatsapp chat (for the duration you both lived apart after wedding) until the date of application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:46 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:20 pm
ilruk84 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm
the question I have is do I need to provide email/whatsapp/Skype chat when applying for visa? If yes then for how long I need to cover this for I can definitely do for month or two after I get married but do I also need to provide anything prior to getting married to her as currently we are not talking as in our culture girls are not normally allowed to talk to their future husband before marriage?

Thanks
To meet the visa requirement you will have to attach the subsisting relationship evidences which include email, whatsapp chat, video log in addition of other evidences such as pictures, money/gift receipts, travel tickets, passport entry & exit stamps. As it is an arranged marriage so to keep the things easier just say that you met her on wedding day then make sure to attach all email, skype/whatsapp chat (for the duration you both lived apart after wedding) until the date of application.
Thanks Seagul for your reply that is very useful info.

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:14 am

Hi,

Can I also ask what english language test she would need to take? Looking at IELTS website I think it would be A1 but then there is B2 as well so wondering if she takes B2 now will this be valid for initial application and for future applications as well i.e. for ILR as this will help so she wont need to take it again? If yes then there is no point of sitting for A1 exam, can someone please clarify this.

Many Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:18 am

ilruk84 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:14 am
Hi,

Can I also ask what english language test she would need to take? Looking at IELTS website I think it would be A1 but then there is B2 as well so wondering if she takes B2 now will this be valid for initial application and for future applications as well i.e. for ILR as this will help so she wont need to take it again? If yes then there is no point of sitting for A1 exam, can someone please clarify this.

Many Thanks
She can take the B2 which even after its expiration so far still on HO list will still be accepted for subsequent application/extension.

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks can you please give the link to HO list ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:01 pm

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks that really useful so just to confirm I can ask her to do IELTS B1 exam in Pakistan which we can use for her initial application and then also we can use the same exam results for her extension and ILR (unless this changes in future) ?

Many Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:20 pm

ilruk84 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm
Thanks that really useful so just to confirm I can ask her to do IELTS B1 exam in Pakistan which we can use for her initial application and then also we can use the same exam results for her extension and ILR (unless this changes in future) ?

Many Thanks
Also it should be done at HO approved centres as in list below:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... entres.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 am

ilruk84 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Many Thanks
Yes.

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 am

Thanks guys thats really helpful, out of curiosity just for my own understanding seems like B1 exam is the one people should be taking exam for but then why A1 is there for? Applicant can sit for B1 exam and use it for their initial application and future applications as well, what is the difference is it the level of difficulty or something else?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 am

ilruk84 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:29 am
Thanks guys thats really helpful, out of curiosity just for my own understanding seems like B1 exam is the one people should be taking exam for but then why A1 is there for? Applicant can sit for B1 exam and use it for their initial application and future applications as well, what is the difference is it the level of difficulty or something else?
I will hazard a guess and say yes it is the level of difficulty and also the number of minutes spent for the exam.
Lets take A1 to the basic level to check understanding of English.
A2 to be a bit more than A1 and since it is needed after 2.5yrs in UK to apply for further stay then it should test for people who ain't native speakers of English further understanding of the language over the period of being in UK and interacting with others.
B1 more than A1 and A2, needed for ILR and definitely for someone who has stayed in UK for 5yrs should have good grasp of the language and proper integration into the UK society especially with application for ILR which is an expression of interest to shift the centre of your life existence to the UK.
Hence why I presume not presenting English test certificate of presenting the wrong one can lead to refusal or putting on longer route.
A1,A2 or B1? The choice of exam is now dependent on the test taker/applicant's confidence of their understanding of the language.

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:20 am

Thanks thats great for now I am clear but might have some more questions at later stage :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:23 am

ilruk84 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:20 am
Thanks thats great for now I am clear but might have some more questions at later stage :)
Welcome, we are all in good and capable hands helping out on here.