ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIFE IN UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rancho
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Bank Statement and Payslip Date after submitting application

Post by rancho » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi - I am in process of submitting my application online. Planning to book appointment post 22nd once I get my new payslip with the threshold limit crossed for this year.

Is it fine to submit my application now and then upload documents post 22nd please? So the evidence will be dated post the submission date of application.

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR - Bank Statement and Payslip Date after submitting application

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 pm

The date of your application is the date of online submission. Documents must be dated before that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rancho
Newly Registered
India

ILR - Document Upload

Post by rancho » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:47 am

I did try to find the answer but not very clear hence the post.

1) Should we upload all the pages from passport including empty pages please? I have two passports should i upload both? - Colour or Black and White please?

2) UK Master degree certificate

3) Softcopy of Letter from Employer (Confirmation + Absence)

For Absence, does below sounds good to cover remote working?

His only period of absence from the country while he has been working with us is as follows:

Date Left the UK Date returned to the UK Country Visited Reason for Absence
11/01/2018 12/02/2018 India Personal
14/09/2018 08/10/2018 India Personal

During his absence from the country he worked remotely for the following periods:

From To Country Reason for Absence
29/01/2018 09/02/2018 India Worked Remotely
17/09/2018 21/09/2018 India Worked Remotely

4) Copy of BRP card - Black and White or Colour please?

5) Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks Document

6) One month Payslip - Printed online

7) Three month Bank Statement - Stamped on Letterhead and signed

sikishah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR - Document Upload

Post by sikishah » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:42 am

rancho wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:47 am
I did try to find the answer but not very clear hence the post.

1) Should we upload all the pages from passport including empty pages please? I have two passports should i upload both? - Colour or Black and White please?
B&W Should be fine, You should just do the the front page which has the details. On your appointment at UKVCAS, they will scan all pages.
All the uploads should be black and white mentioned on the UKVCAS website

2) UK Master degree certificate
B&W should be fine. They verify on UKVCAS appointment. Make sure you take the original degree certificate along as this would be your proof of English requirement.

3) Softcopy of Letter from Employer (Confirmation + Absence)

For Absence, does below sounds good to cover remote working?

looks okay to me(just my opinion), Are you getting the below letter from your employer? This should also state the forseeable future and your salary
example is below which I got from my employer

MR X joined this firm on [Date] and is employed
by us as a [Your Role]. MR X salary is £ ...
per annum. I can confirm that MR X's salary is above
the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2
sponsors and this salary will be paid for the foreseeable future.
I can confirm that MR X is still required for the
employment in question and that his position is considered to be permanent.
In addition I can confirm MR X annual leave allocation
is 27 days and his absences from the UK have been in line with his paid leave
allocation. MR X has also been required to travel on
business from time to time which is highlighted in the attached schedule of
travel.

I trust this information is sufficient for ILR to be granted but please do not
hesitate to contact the undersigned should you require any further
information.

His only period of absence from the country while he has been working with us is as follows:
Looks good, you can also put another column for no.of Days

Date Left the UK Date returned to the UK Country Visited Reason for Absence No.Days
11/01/2018 12/02/2018 India Personal 31(example)
14/09/2018 08/10/2018 India Personal 22

During his absence from the country he worked remotely for the following periods:

From To Country Reason for Absence
29/01/2018 09/02/2018 India Worked Remotely
17/09/2018 21/09/2018 India Worked Remotely

4) Copy of BRP card - Black and White or Colour please?
B&W as it is stated on UKVCAS website. Take the original along

5) Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks Document
B&W, That should be fine.

6) One month Payslip - Printed online
B&W. Should be fine

7) Three month Bank Statement - Stamped on Letterhead and signed
B&W Should be fine

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR - Document Upload

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:36 pm

1) There have been many cases reported where the UKVCAS staff resist to scan all the passport pages including the blank ones.

Also, there have been cases reported where HO asks for the original full passport again then which delays the application.

I always urge to upload full passport including the blank pages. Do it yourself before the appointment. It will not harm anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

rancho
Newly Registered
India

LIFE IN UK

Post by rancho » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 am

Looks we no need to provide Life in UK certificate (cant see them in the other documents list) rather just give them the Test Instance ID?

Please advise

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: LIFE IN UK

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:29 am

Why can’t you keep ur questions in a single thread?
One has to search ur initial query to figure out where ur question is coming from.
Liuk is required for settlement applications.
Answer whatever is asked and scan/submit it.
This is not something which requires a separate post

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Re: ILR - Bank Statement and Payslip Date after submitting application

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 pm
The date of your application is the date of online submission. Documents must be dated before that
I just need to confirm that please as I am planning to submit a couple of days before the next payslip and bank statement. I have called the UKVI call center and they are not sure. Could you please guide me on where this information is from.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm

I am a bit confused really after reading this topic: indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appl ... 63-40.html

I guess after reading the topic that the date of application is the date you go for your appointment, not the day you submit the online application which all normally apply before to make sure you secure an appointment before the current visa expires.

I hope someone can clarify this point as I am planning to submit the application by around October 25th and book the appointment on Nov 14th as I am eligible from November 12th and submit the latest payslip and bank statement. Would that be ok or not?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:47 pm

devahere wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:46 pm
I am a bit confused really after reading this topic: indefinite-leave-to-remain/date-of-appl ... 63-40.html

I guess after reading the topic that the date of application is the date you go for your appointment, not the day you submit the online application which all normally apply before to make sure you secure an appointment before the current visa expires.

I hope someone can clarify this point as I am planning to submit the application by around October 25th and book the appointment on Nov 14th as I am eligible from November 12th and submit the latest payslip and bank statement. Would that be ok or not?
You have already been advised. Date of application is the date you pay and submit your application. Biometrics date is irrelevant.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:47 pm
devahere wrote:

You have already been advised. Date of application is the date you pay and submit your application. Biometrics date is irrelevant.
Does that mean your visa expiry date is irrelevant once you submitted the application online even if the appointment is due after the visa expires? Also could you please guide to the guidance where that is mentioned.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:00 pm

devahere wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:57 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:

Does that mean your visa expiry date is irrelevant once you submitted the application online even if the appointment is due after the visa expires? Also could you please guide to the guidance where that is mentioned.
Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Once you submit in time (before visa expiry or after you qualify) you are covered under section 3c. Biometrics date does not matter. You can attend the biometrics appointment even after visa expiry does not matter as long you have made an in time application as stated above.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:10 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:00 pm
devahere wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:

Date of application is the date you pay and submit. Once you submit in time (before visa expiry or after you qualify) you are covered under section 3c. Biometrics date does not matter. You can attend the biometrics appointment even after visa expiry does not matter as long you have made an in time application as stated above.
Thanks for the clarification. Could you please send me a link for the guidance where that is stated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 pm

devahere wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:10 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. Could you please send me a link for the guidance where that is stated.
I have just realised that you have hijacked someone else’s thread.

Please do not post any further questions here. Start a new topic of your own.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page17

Page 18

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 pm
devahere wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:

Page 18
Thanks for the answer. "hijacked" is absolutely not the case. I believe is better using the same topic when talking about the same question instead of opening another topic for the same question :wink:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:38 pm

devahere wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:

Page 18
Thanks for the answer. "hijacked" is absolutely not the case. I believe is better using the same topic when talking about the same question instead of opening another topic for the same question :wink:
Perhaps you should read the forum rules!!!

Point 12 specifically in the FAQs link below!!!

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

devahere
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by devahere » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:38 pm
devahere wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
devahere wrote:

Page 18
Perhaps you should read the forum rules!!!

Point 12 specifically in the FAQs link below!!!

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Apologies about that, My bad. How about no replies to the topic I opened on the forum, I thought everyone should be getting an answer to the question they ask but it looks like a hit and miss here tbh.

rancho
Newly Registered
India

ILR payslip query

Post by rancho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:10 am

I beleive I am appending my query to same thread which I created.

My Payslip shows Salary, Scottish widows pension and medical benifts

Now my Total Gross Pay shows Salary - Scottish widow Pension

Net Pay shows Gross pay - NI - Tax.

In this scenario for salary threshold they will consider my Salary and not Total Gross or Total Net? Please advise.

rancho
Newly Registered
India

ILR payslip query

Post by rancho » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:25 pm

Don't want to get my questions unanswered since my thread got tagged my someone else.

Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:22 am

Tier 2 guide tells you what is and is NOT accepted as part of in your annual pay to meet the salary threshold:
We will consider:
• guaranteed gross basic pay (excluding overtime); and
• allowances, up to the limit below, which are guaranteed to be paid for the duration of your employment in the UK, and would either be paid to a settled worker in similar circumstances, or are paid as a mobility premium or to cover the additional cost of living in the UK.

We will not consider:
• one-off payments, such as those linked to the cost of relocation, which do not form part of your regular salary package;
• payments which cannot be guaranteed, such as bonuses or incentive related pay;
• overtime payments, whether or not overtime is guaranteed;
• payments to cover business expenses, including (but not limited to) training; international travel, hotels and business travel within the UK;
• any payments for which you will need to reimburse the sponsor or a linked overseas business;
employer pension contributions;
medical benefits;
• payment of any tuition fees; or
• the value of any shares which you have obtained in exchange for some of your UK employment rights as an employer-owner.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... FINAL1.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rancho
Newly Registered
India

ILR payslip query

Post by rancho » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:33 am

Thanks Zimba. Just to get myself clarified, the Scottish widows pension is something which I contribute and it shows as negative in my payslip( employee contribution)

Total Gross shows Salary minus employee pension contribution. Medical benifts doesn't add up or subtract in my payslip ( just for tax purpose)

So in this case they will consider only my salary and not Total Gross please?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:34 am

If the things you mentioned about are simply deductions, then you can simply assume your gross base salary is what will be considered

rancho
Newly Registered
India

Post by rancho » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:45 am

Yeap they are deductions. Thanks Zimba.

Lastly, I crossed the threshold limit this month around 4.5 percent as part of company wide pay review happening every Oct.

I have letter from line manager confirming that I exceeded the objectives set so I was given 4.5 and it's company wide pay review. Also letter from HR stating my salary increase with effictive date.

Will this evidence suffice to apply ILR please?

rancho
Newly Registered
India

Post by rancho » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:53 am

Sorry should have mentioned - query is about increase in salary. Don't want to get flagged.

Please advise

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:21 pm

Last minute salary increases that put you above the threshold is a red flag. Your sponsor may be investigated if UKVI decided this is suspicious