ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsor criminal record

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

XaVior
Newly Registered
Chile

sponsor criminal record

Post by XaVior » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:56 am

Hi there,

I'm asking this question on behave of one of my friends.

A friend of mine is truly a nice guy, does not have a single criminal record, not even a parking ticket.

However, recently, he was arrest by the police for having Opium in his car. He got the drug for friend of his.

After the arrest, police issued him a "simple caution".

He is due to get married to an American national in February and they are planning to live in the UK, which means, he is going to be the sponsor for his wife's spouse visa application.

Now the question he is seeking is, does he have to say this "simple caution" in the application, if yes, how would it impact the outcome of the application, both in most and least severe scenarios.

Thank you for help.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: sponsor criminal record

Post by THO » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:31 am

I would say he should disclose it, if not when they check it will look very bad. And, I don't believe for one second someone had heroin on him because he got it for a friend, just because he does not have a criminal record, only means he has not been caught. I would not know where to start to try and buy heroin.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:07 am

XaVior wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:56 am
Hi there,

I'm asking this question on behave of one of my friends.

A friend of mine is truly a nice guy, does not have a single criminal record, not even a parking ticket.

However, recently, he was arrest by the police for having Opium in his car. He got the drug for friend of his.

After the arrest, police issued him a "simple caution".

He is due to get married to an American national in February and they are planning to live in the UK, which means, he is going to be the sponsor for his wife's spouse visa application.

Now the question he is seeking is, does he have to say this "simple caution" in the application, if yes, how would it impact the outcome of the application, both in most and least severe scenarios.

Thank you for help.
You've said they are the sponsor. So they are not the applicant applying for the visa.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 am

I would love to have heard the conversation your friend had with his friend to get him into that situation.... Your friend, "I'm just off to the shops, do you need anything?" His friend "Oh, can you get me a pint of milk please?"
"sure, anything else?" "Oh, erm, if it's not too much trouble an armful of heroin please"

balasaheb
Newly Registered
Western Sahara

Post by balasaheb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 pm

THO wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:11 am
I would love to have heard the conversation your friend had with his friend to get him into that situation.... Your friend, "I'm just off to the shops, do you need anything?" His friend "Oh, can you get me a pint of milk please?"
"sure, anything else?" "Oh, erm, if it's not too much trouble an armful of heroin please"
YOU ARE FUNNY!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am

And later on that day.... Policeman "do you know why we stopped you sir?" Our hero... "is it because I am driving a flashy car that is registered as stolen?" "yes, now please step out while I run some PNC checks and search the car".... "Siera, foxtrot, teakettle barbecue, to base... We have a Mr. Matias Gonzales who I've pulled over for driving a stolen vehicle and seems to be in possession of an armful of drugs, what should I do?" Base to policeman.. "arrest and detain the suspect"

Policeman.. "right sunshine, you're in serious trouble now me lad" "but officer, I can explain, I borrowed the car from a very forgetful friend, I'm sure he will laugh loudly when I arrive back and tell him what happened, and the drugs are for my mate, they're not mine honest"

Policeman, "well, why didn't you tell me this earlier?, could have saved me a lot of time and trouble" "let this be a warning to you, now off you go and tell your friend to buy his own class A drugs from now on"