ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new OCI under processing since 1 month

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier1-immigrant

Urgent clarification

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:04 am

Hello,

I submitted OCI application few days ago. I got the acknowledgement via txt message and email on the same day, but didn't check it carefully.

Now when I read the acknowledgement email again today, I see that the applicant last name is misspelled. Then I download the application I submitted from OC-service website and find the name (both given name and last name) are spelled correctly.

Should I be worrying about this ? Should I check with VFS ? Did it happen to anyone ?

xebec
Australia

Re: Urgent clarification

Post by xebec » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:50 pm

tier1-immigrant wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:04 am
Hello,

I submitted OCI application few days ago. I got the acknowledgement via txt message and email on the same day, but didn't check it carefully.

Now when I read the acknowledgement email again today, I see that the applicant last name is misspelled. Then I download the application I submitted from OC-service website and find the name (both given name and last name) are spelled correctly.

Should I be worrying about this ? Should I check with VFS ? Did it happen to anyone ?
Check with VFS - best to nip these things in the bud before it becomes an issue

tier1-immigrant

new OCI under processing since 1 month

Post by tier1-immigrant » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Applied for new OCI about a month ago, the status is still under processing. Is that normal ? Should I wait or contact vfs - will they have more specific status ?

tier1-immigrant

Re: new OCI under processing since 1 month

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:00 am

processes today.

tier1-immigrant

Re: new OCI under processing since 1 month

Post by tier1-immigrant » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:34 am

Hi,

What is the next step ? The status says document dispatched to London.

I have the courier envelop which was given to me when I submitted the application.
What's the next step, should I go to vsf center and give them the envelop or wait for an email from vfs ?