ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract job - spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Contract job - spouse visa

Post by jyo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am

Hi I live in Netherlands and I am a British citizen . And I am working in Netherlands on a temporary contract which means the employer can terminate me whenever they want .

Is this job suitable to sponsor my wife to uk visa . She is from India .and is there any minimum income requirement to sponsor my wife to uk from India .

Thank you for your replies .

geoeng
Canada

Re: Contract job - spouse visa

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:25 pm

jyo wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am
is there any minimum income requirement to sponsor my wife to uk from India .
Yes. Provided it is just your wife and no children, you will need to prove a minimum income of £18,600 or have cash savings of at least $62,500 (held for a minimum of 6 months prior to applying) in order to meet the financial requirement.
jyo wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 am
Hi I live in Netherlands and I am a British citizen . And I am working in Netherlands on a temporary contract which means the employer can terminate me whenever they want .
Is this job suitable to sponsor my wife to uk visa .
Yes and no. Have a read of the document linked below which outlines the different ways to meet the requirement. If your current job has an annual salary that meets the financial requirements or you have earned the minimum financial requirement in the last 12 months, you can use it; however, you will also need a confirmed job offer in the UK (starting within 3 months of returning) with a salary that meets the financial requirements. You cannot use your current job alone to apply, you will need to demonstrate an ability to meet the financial requirement in the UK as well either through employment or cash savings.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jyo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Thank you for your quick reply .
By the way I didn't put it right I guess.
Though my wife is from India . She is living in Netherlands with me on a work permit and she is earning around 45000/- euros . Can I combine her income along with mine . ? Thank you for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 pm

If you are applying for a spouse visa under the UK immigration rules, then no her income cannot be counted.

If you are planning and hoping to return using the surinder Singh route under the EEA rules, there is no income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:25 pm

jyo wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 pm
Thank you for your quick reply .
By the way I didn't put it right I guess.
Though my wife is from India . She is living in Netherlands with me on a work permit and she is earning around 45000/- euros . Can I combine her income along with mine . ? Thank you for your reply.
Only her 6 months old savings can be combined.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jyo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:18 pm
If you are applying for a spouse visa under the UK immigration rules, then no her income cannot be counted.

If you are planning and hoping to return using the surinder Singh route under the EEA rules, there is no income requirement.
Thank you CR001 . Am I eligible for Surinder Singh route and what are the main requirements for this . Pls guide me . It will be of great help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 pm

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh

eea-route-applications/bbc-explains-sur ... 38469.html

To use the surinder Singh route, your spouse just have been resident in the EU state, presumably under the EEA with a resident card (not a domestic immigration rules work permit) with you while you were exercising treaty rights. You also need to have lived the centre of your life to the EU state.

You are rapidly running out of time though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jyo » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 pm

To use the surinder Singh route, your spouse just have been resident in the EU state, presumably under the EEA with a resident card (not a domestic immigration rules work permit) with you while you were exercising treaty rights. You also need to have lived the centre of your life to the EU state.

I guess it's until the Uk leaves EU without a deal if I am right ..? And my wife is on work permit provided by a Dutch company .. so I am good to go via Siri sensing route I think right ..?

jyo
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by jyo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:54 am

jyo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 pm

I guess it's until the Uk leaves EU without a deal if I am right ..? And my wife is on work permit provided by a Dutch company .. so I am good to go via Siri sensing route I think right ..?
I mean surendar Singh route ..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:09 am

In 13 days & 15 hours UK is leaving EU.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.