ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponsorship for non-EU nationals

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anastasiia
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Tier 2 Sponsorship for non-EU nationals

Post by Anastasiia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Dear all,

I am currently a graduate postgraduate student from the UK university and I am looking for further work experience in the UK and I find it quite difficult to find a job in the UK. I have finished my Master's degree (International MBA) in the UK and I am fluent in four languages: German, English, Russian, Ukrainian. Most companies refused me as they have found other people in the UK with the same skills. Some of them have advertised their jobs, but cannot sponsor me, although these jobs require strong skills. Can anyone recommend me what can I do in this situation? maybe, someone knows any agencies that could help with getting work permit in the UK.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Sponsorship for non-EU nationals

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:50 pm

To qualify for a work permit, which is a tier 2 general visa, you can only be sponsored and employed by the company who holds the tier 2 sponsor licence and are on the official Home Office tier 2 sponsor list. You cannot get a work permit and then find your own work or contract.

There is no "general" work permit that an "agency" can offer you and if they do (and they will charge you for this), it is illegal and not permitted under the tier 2 general rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.