ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision Made Email After 2 Days

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Unmarried Partner Visa - Financial requirement calculation

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:08 pm
There is no confusion in the guidance which is very straight along with examples over this matter. If still someone is confident then better to apply which op has already done then see the results.
Hi Seagul,

I think it would be better to get an overview of what you understand to be my situation. Because I am still not 100% certain that you understand that my partner is living in the US, while I have been living here. He will not be returning with me, he will be returning on his own. But I think it would be good to know what your understanding of my situation is, because maybe I didnt word it correctly in my original post.
I am afraid but i have suggested you purely in the light of official guidance. Guidance writers have written a lot of examples there for further clarify if someone couldn't understand which applies to everyone in similar situation. Also UKVI caseworkers are chained up with their guidance and regarding financial requirement & their evidences they exercise zero percent discretion. The word you are actually confused from is actually referring that you are applying his/her visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 pm
kit21088 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:08 pm
There is no confusion in the guidance which is very straight along with examples over this matter. If still someone is confident then better to apply which op has already done then see the results.
Hi Seagul,

I think it would be better to get an overview of what you understand to be my situation. Because I am still not 100% certain that you understand that my partner is living in the US, while I have been living here. He will not be returning with me, he will be returning on his own. But I think it would be good to know what your understanding of my situation is, because maybe I didnt word it correctly in my original post.
I am afraid but i have suggested you purely in the light of official guidance. Guidance writers have written a lot of examples there for further clarify if someone couldn't understand which applies to everyone in similar situation. Also UKVI caseworkers are chained up with their guidance and regarding financial requirement & their evidences they exercise zero percent discretion. The word you are actually confused from is actually referring that you are applying his/her visa.
Yeah I think I misspoke in my original post - HE is applying for the Visa from the states. I am his sponsor but he is submitting all the documentation/ application etc. I have spoken to a lawyer this evening who has advised me that my situation is unique as not many people move to the UK first and then apply, its usually that they apply before then come to the UK or people who have been living and working here a while apply here, but that in our case it is possible to be granted the visa as the income over the last 12 months and the salary in the UK satisfies this requirement. But again, it will depend on the day which ECO I get as well.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah I think I misspoke in my original post - HE is applying for the Visa from the states. I am his sponsor but he is submitting all the documentation/ application etc.
That is the standard procedure as application has to be made from the country of origin/legal residence
kit21088 wrote:
I have spoken to a lawyer this evening who has advised me that my situation is unique as not many people move to the UK first and then apply, its usually that they apply before then come to the UK
Yes but with job offer going to start within 3 months on arriving UK
kit21088 wrote:
or people who have been living and working here a while apply here, but that in our case it is possible to be granted the visa as the income over the last 12 months and the salary in the UK satisfies this requirement. But again, it will depend on the day which ECO I get as well.
Same repeated answer that if you hadnt got job offer which was started within 3 months then your overseas income cannot be considered.For qualifying under category A or B your 6 months or 12 months of income respectively must have been earned from UK employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 pm
Same repeated answer that if you hadnt got job offer which was started within 3 months then your overseas income cannot be considered.For qualifying under category A or B your 6 months or 12 months of income respectively must have been earned from UK employer.
Just trying to understand what we're missing: where exactly does it say this? Following along Appendix FM-SE for a situation where the applicant's partner is employed and residing in the UK:

"Calculating Gross Annual Income under Appendix FM
13. Based on evidence that meets the requirements of this Appendix, and can be taken into account with reference to the applicable provisions of Appendix FM, gross annual income under paragraphs E-ECP.3.1., E-LTRP.3.1., E-ECC.2.1. and E-LTRC.2.1. will, subject to paragraph 21A of this Appendix, be calculated in the following ways:
(b) Where the person is in salaried employment in the UK at the date of application and has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a)), their gross annual income will be the total of:
(i) The gross annual salary from employment as it was at the date of application;
. . . .
15. In respect of paragraph 13(b) and paragraph 13(d), the provisions in this paragraph also apply:
(a) In order to evidence the level of gross annual income required by Appendix FM, the person must meet the requirements in paragraph 13(b) or paragraph 13(d)(i); and
(b) The person must also meet the level of gross annual income required by Appendix FM on the basis that their income is the total of:
(i) The gross income from salaried employment in the UK or overseas earned by the person in the 12 months prior to the date of application;"

Where paragraph 13(d(i) states (the basis of using income for a confirmed job offer):
"(d) Where the person is the applicant’s partner, has been in salaried employment outside of the UK within 12 months of the date of application, and is returning to the UK to take up salaried employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return, the person’s gross annual income will be calculated:
(i) On the basis set out in paragraph 13(a) but substituting for the gross annual salary at paragraph 13(a)(i) the gross annual salary in the salaried employment in the UK to which they are returning; and also
(ii) On the basis set out in paragraph 15(b)."
This section does not apply as the applicant's partner is not returning to the UK to take up salaried employment in the UK starting within 3 months of their return as the applicant's partner has been in the UK for 7 months, starting employment 5 months after their return.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 pm
kit21088 wrote:

Yeah I think I misspoke in my original post - HE is applying for the Visa from the states. I am his sponsor but he is submitting all the documentation/ application etc.
That is the standard procedure as application has to be made from the country of origin/legal residence
kit21088 wrote:
I have spoken to a lawyer this evening who has advised me that my situation is unique as not many people move to the UK first and then apply, its usually that they apply before then come to the UK
Yes but with job offer going to start within 3 months on arriving UK
kit21088 wrote:
or people who have been living and working here a while apply here, but that in our case it is possible to be granted the visa as the income over the last 12 months and the salary in the UK satisfies this requirement. But again, it will depend on the day which ECO I get as well.
Are you an immigration lawyer Seagul? Because if you are, then I have been given conflicting advice from an immigration lawyer. If you are not, are you contesting the advice given by an immigration lawyer?

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:41 pm
You both are just picking only your desired words out of the guidance and then fitting them into your desire which is totally incorrect. You are only focusing on word : applicant's partner is not returning with the applicant to the UK to work. If we use common sense then will know that how can an applicant enter the UK to work or even live when he/she has to apply from abroad.

Also going back to this - I could enter the UK to work with no restrictions because I am an EU citizen with ILR and settled status. I didn't need to secure a job before coming to UK. I applied when I got back here. SO I think you are confused about my personal situation here too.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 am
Are you an immigration lawyer Seagul? Because if you are, then I have been given conflicting advice from an immigration lawyer. If you are not, are you contesting the advice given by an immigration lawyer?
To be fair, many have found the advice from immigration lawyers/advisers to somewhat or very incorrect in the past, so I'm not sure I'd rely 100% on what they say. Definitely some good ones out there who know what they're talking about, but there's probably an equal number who don't.

Also, have you considered the EU settlement scheme instead of a spouse visa? Don't know that much about it myself but might be an easier and cheaper application process.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:59 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:51 pm
Also, have you considered the EU settlement scheme instead of a spouse visa? Don't know that much about it myself but might be an easier and cheaper application process.
Never mind, forgot you had applied already :oops:

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:59 pm
geoeng wrote:
Never mind, forgot you had applied already :oops:
Haha! oops on my part I know. Would my "unmarried partner" be eligible for the EU Settlement Scheme though? He is a US citizen.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:08 pm

I am already a Settled Citizen under the EU Settlement scheme and I believe my bf doesnt qualify as he has never lived in the UK. (if that is the same EU Settlement Scheme we are talking about).

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:18 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:08 pm
I am already a Settled Citizen under the EU Settlement scheme and I believe my bf doesnt qualify as he has never lived in the UK. (if that is the same EU Settlement Scheme we are talking about).
Looks like an overseas unmarried partner of an EU citizen would qualify without ever having lived in the UK https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ss-citizen

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:34 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:18 pm
kit21088 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:08 pm
Looks like an overseas unmarried partner of an EU citizen would qualify without ever having lived in the UK https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... ss-citizen
I think this is applicable if we lived together outside the UK, in an EEA/EU Country. We lived in the US so I don't think we qualify. Also it looks like this is for British Citizens only. Im an EU citizen.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:29 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:03 am
Few but not a lot ones usually only believe on paid advice. In my opinion you should follow your route since you are so confident. Good luck.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:34 pm

geoeng wrote:

To be fair, many have found the advice from immigration lawyers/advisers to somewhat or very incorrect in the past, so I'm not sure I'd rely 100% on what they say. Definitely some good ones out there who know what they're talking about, but there's probably an equal number who don't.
And also many members keep cross checking/double checking their solicitor given advice here.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 am
seagul wrote:
You both are just picking only your desired words out of the guidance and then fitting them into your desire which is totally incorrect. You are only focusing on word : applicant's partner is not returning with the applicant to the UK to work. If we use common sense then will know that how can an applicant enter the UK to work or even live when he/she has to apply from abroad.

Also going back to this - I could enter the UK to work with no restrictions because I am an EU citizen with ILR and settled status. I didn't need to secure a job before coming to UK. I applied when I got back here. SO I think you are confused about my personal situation here too.
Above reply was written in extremely easier language. Where I said that you need to apply visa for yourself rather I was referring to applicant and applicant is a person who need visa which is your none-EU/British partner. Read it again.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:14 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm
kit21088 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Above reply was written in extremely easier language. Where I said that you need to apply visa for yourself rather I was referring to applicant and applicant is a person who need visa which is your none-EU/British partner. Read it again.
LOL! I feel like you are doing the exact same thing though - you are picking out the words to fit your narrative, not really considering that there is a secondary for applying where the applicant's partner is residing in the UK and has been working for less than 6 months.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Decision Made Email After 2 Days

Post by kit21088 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi all!

My partner applied for the FLR (M) visa. So at the end of day Friday we received an email letting us know that the application was being prepared for review by an Entry Clearance Officer. Early this morning we received an email that a decision has been made on our application. I am a numbers person so wondering if there is any correlation/ relationship between the speed with which a decision is made vs. the decision that is made (i.e. approved/ refused?). Can anyone let me know their experience please?

K

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Decision Made Email After 2 Days

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm

kit21088 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi all!

My partner applied for the FLR (M) visa. So at the end of day Friday we received an email letting us know that the application was being prepared for review by an Entry Clearance Officer. Early this morning we received an email that a decision has been made on our application. I am a numbers person so wondering if there is any correlation/ relationship between the speed with which a decision is made vs. the decision that is made (i.e. approved/ refused?). Can anyone let me know their experience please?

K
Hopefully you did not apply on FLR(M) form, as this form is only relevant to a spouse or unmarried partner visa extension within the UK, which doesn't appear to apply to your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm
kit21088 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:47 pm
Hi all!

K
Hopefully you did not apply on FLR(M) form, as this form is only relevant to a spouse or unmarried partner visa extension within the UK, which doesn't appear to apply to your circumstances.
Sorry! I meant FM Partner! I think in my stress/ anxiety I just wrote the wrong thing down.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:30 pm

I am a numbers person so wondering if there is any correlation/ relationship between the speed with which a decision is made vs. the decision that is made (i.e. approved/ refused?). Can anyone let me know their experience please?
No correlation on speed of outcome on whether it is a refusal or an approval.

Did you meet the financial requirement with a minimum of 6 months payslips and bank statements etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:30 pm
I am a numbers person so wondering if there is any correlation/ relationship between the speed with which a decision is made vs. the decision that is made (i.e. approved/ refused?). Can anyone let me know their experience please?
No correlation on speed of outcome on whether it is a refusal or an approval.

Did you meet the financial requirement with a minimum of 6 months payslips and bank statements etc?
Yes we did! Had the application reviewed by a lawyer as well. But doesnt stop me from being concerned.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm

What 2 year evidence of 'a relationship akin to marriage' was submitted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm
we did bank statements, utility bills, government documents addressed in our names (6 each). We had a letter from the landlord/ property owner stating that we lived there together for 3.5 years. We also included snippets of conversations over a 7 year period as well as photos of us through the years together. The photos are pretty obvious we've been together a while because we have gone from skinny to chunky over the years LOL

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:39 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 pm
kit21088 wrote:
seagul wrote:

Seagul - I would like you to know that your opinion was wrong in this case. Overseas income IS taken into consideration when applying under category B and the applicant does not need to start their job within 3 months. My partner's visa was approved.

In future, please be careful of the opinion or advice you push on this forum as you came across quite stron =g in your opinion, not really willing to have an open mind like geoeng.

K

kit21088
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by kit21088 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Visa approved!!!