ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependents Visa - Can we apply without Main Applicant's BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anilatymca
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependents Visa - Can we apply without Main Applicant's BRP

Post by anilatymca » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello, my wife got a Tier 2 General Visa in September 19 and she traveled back from India on 30th Sept on that Entry clearance ticket. Currently, I am on Tier 2 ICT visa here and want to switch onto my wife's dependent visa.

Since I want to apply now only (my ICT is getting expire soon) from the UK only and till now my wife did not get her BRP, since it did not arrive yet in Post Office. When she checked with the home
office they are saying that BRP is taking time due to NiNo verification is not done yet. I am wondering if I can apply for Tier2 Dependent visa without her BRP? Will that create a problem if I go without it stating that it has not arrived yet and she has already got her decision for Tier 2 General application? Kindly suggest, thanks in advance.

anilatymca
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Dependents Visa - Can we apply without Main Applicant's BRP

Post by anilatymca » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:31 pm

anilatymca wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 pm
Hello, my wife got Tier 2 General Visa on September 19 and she traveled back from India on 30th Sept on that Entry clearance ticket. Currently, I am on Tier 2 ICT visa in the UK and want to switch onto my wife's dependent visa now in the UK only since my current visa is going to expire soon.

The situation is till now my wife did not get her BRP, since it did not arrive yet in Post Office. When she checked with the HO, she got a reply like BRP did not get printed as they did not get verification from DWP for NiNo.

I am wondering if I can apply for Tier2 Dependent visa without her BRP? Will that create a problem if I go without it stating that it has not arrived yet and she has already got her decision for Tier 2 General application?

Kindly suggest, thanks in advance.

bunnybunny
Newly Registered
China

Post by bunnybunny » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 am

Hi there.

I am in the same situation. My husband submitted his application for T2 extension on 16 Oct and decision letter received on the same day. However, we still have not got the BRP yet and my dependent visa supposes to expire in 2 weeks. I have already booked super premium service next Monday and decide to submit my application without his BRP, instead, I provide his passport, decision letter and his CoS. Hopefully the application will be successful.

We are also chasing for the BRP as my daughter needs it for her passport. Hopefully this nightmare will end soon.

bunnybunny
Newly Registered
China

Post by bunnybunny » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am

FYI - when I filling in the form, there is actually an option for you to choose that the main applicant has not receive their BRP - something like do not have their BRP

swathiraj85
Newly Registered
India

Post by swathiraj85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 pm

What happened after that?Did they accept the application without BRP of the primary applicant?