ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent to ILR -Child Benefit -Very Very Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ram14esh

PBS Dependent to ILR -Child Benefit -Very Very Urgent

Post by ram14esh » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am

I am applying for ILR for my spouse who was granted Tier-1 Dependent 2yrs + PBS Dependent 3yrs under super priority service. I already hold British Passport (obtained via Tier-1 General Migrant + PBS Tier-1 + ILR). pls help me with below queries urgently as i have appointment in couple of days.

1. I should choose SET (O) form for my spouse ILR application as her current visa is PBS Dependent ?

2. I am claiming child benefit after my getting my ILR. So when i complete SET(O) form for my wife it asks whether my wife or your partner (which is me) claiming any public funds / benefits like child benefits. I said Yes in the form then it is asking for proof in the checklist. Bank statements from your spouse for 12 months showing Child benefit credit. so I should submit my bank statement for this?

3) Will this by any change impact my spouse ILR application as i am claiming child benefit (even-though its legal as i started child benefit claim only after ILR and now have british passport)? pls advise?

4. For Spouse ILR no maintenance fund required? (I still maintain 3000GBP for 6 months in our Joint account)

5. For Cohabitation docs I am supplying 2.5yrs (30months) of Joint Bank Account statements showing both my name and my wife name at my current address. will this be enough?

I see from various posts here atleast from 3 different sources we need to submit proofs. So do I need to top it up with TV License (one for 2018 & one for 2019) and NHS letters (one in 2017,2018 & 2019) in my spouse name delivered to our current address?

6. I have booked free - Biometric appointment using Steria website and if i do not recieve UK naric certificate on time can i cancel the appointment and change it to next week? If i cancel will i loose UKVI SET(O) application fee (3000GBP)?

6. English language proof. After reading many posts i have ordered fast track via RedRoute from UK Naric the following:

UK NARIC English Language Proficiency Statment -(ELPS)
and
Academic qualification Level Statement -(AQLS)

7. Concern is what level will ELPS confirm for Masters degree in Commerce from India? As in the previous it confirmed to CEFR Level C1 and would do the same now? If so this will not meet the English Language requirement for ILR dependent which is B1?

8. She had worked some casual temporary jobs so can i submit Payslips, P45 f,docs in her name from her employment to current address as cohabitation docs as we both had to give our NI number details in the application?

9. We met with an accident in 2018 and I was the driver and police was present at the scene and case was registered and I attended a speeding course but did not get any tickets or points. Should we explain this in our cover letter quoting the police ref number?

10. There is no case in court yet for my children's claim during accident so I think she need to explain about the accident and just quote the police ref number?

who ever can help me with the above queries urgently will be helpful as her visa expires this month and I have completed super priority application and booked Biometric appointment.

ram14esh

Re: PBS Dependent to ILR -Child Benefit -Very Very Urgent

Post by ram14esh » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 am

CR001 and other gurus your inputs will be very helpful pls.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:42 pm

1. Yes
2. If ur the one claiming it then it would be ur statements
3. No
4. No
5. Not enough. Not necessarily joint but same address
6. You are postponing or cancelling the biometric appointment not cancelling or withdrawing the application.
6. You would have received it quite quick without it as well
7. It would have been easier and cheaper to sit for the B1 exam then wondering on what..
8. Irrelevant

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks Aman So do I need to top it up with TV License (one for 2018 & one for 2019) and NHS letters (one in 2017,2018 & 2019) in my spouse name delivered to our current address? Is it like 6 letters from 3 different sources for every year (6 + 6) = 12 letters in total then for 2 yrs?

If it's relevant then its not needed to mention the police ref number for the accident?

Dilliwalah

Post by Dilliwalah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:49 am

5. Do you need TV License information as well??
First time i have heard of it?

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:37 am

ram14esh wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:14 am

7. Concern is what level will ELPS confirm for Masters degree in Commerce from India? As in the previous it confirmed to CEFR Level C1 and would do the same now? If so this will not meet the English Language requirement for ILR dependent which is B1?
C1 is higher than B1.
And ILR asks for atleast B1.
Then why do you think it will not be enough for ILR dependent.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:47 am

Thanks aby00156 for response. Yes i realised now C1 is > B1. Also what do you think about police ref number reg the accdient to be mentioned in the covering letter just in case if they check for the good character of the spouse (me being part of her application) and i already have British passport should not do any harm?

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 am

Dilliwalah in few other posts i saw that we can use TV License as one of the top docs that can be submitted for cohabitation.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:15 am

ram14esh wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:47 am
Yes i realised now C1 is > B1. Also what do you think about police ref number reg the accdient to be mentioned in the covering letter just in case if they check for the good character of the spouse (me being part of her application) and i already have British passport should not do any harm?
Was a case registered against ur spouse? Or you? or ur children?
Who is applying? You or ur spouse?

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am

I called up 101 and checked for the police ref number and the case was registered against my name and not my wife name but she was travelling with me and no penalty or points for me but advised to do some speeding course in a letter. The application is for my wife ILR as i have already british passport. As you have advised it might be irrelavant but i am being part of application just wanted to be cautious and just mention the police ref number and say that she was involved in an accident while travelling as a passenger in a car so that the case worker can ref the police ref number and confirm that she has no police case and it is just on my name?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 am

It’s irrelevant but if it makes you feel better go ahead and state it.

Dilliwalah

Post by Dilliwalah » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:08 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 am
Dilliwalah in few other posts i saw that we can use TV License as one of the top docs that can be submitted for cohabitation.
Thanks for the response.

Can we show vote, council tax bill, bank addresses etc as well?

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:30 pm

I think you can Dilliwalah. If you are around aman90, aby00156, Zimba or other guru's can you pls shed some light on this and if there is a link you could point out which explains that we need to submit proofs for 2yrs from 3 different sources for ILR Dependent applications it would be helpful for both of us.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Nothing more to answer pertaining to cohab docs. You’ve already mentioned so many above.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Thanks Aman for response and I am still in confusion reg cohab docs - Is it like 6 letters from 3 different sources for every year (6 + 6) = 12 letters in total then for 2 yrs?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:04 pm

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:13 am

Thanks Aman that link was pretty clear. Does anyone know that during the biometric appointment they will check all the original docs and passport and will they give the passport back or they will give all the docs back along with passport as we have already uploaded all the docs so the case worker will start working based on the docs we upload in steria website?

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 am

we have submitted our application and completed the bio-metric today. But they have not asked for any passport size photographs or something but they did took photo and finger prints. Do we need to upload any passport size photographs along with other doc's. Sorry to ask such silly questions just nervous because the cost of super-priority application. Can anyone advise pls?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:13 pm

ram14esh wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:46 am
we have submitted our application and completed the bio-metric today. But they have not asked for any passport size photographs or something but they did took photo and finger prints. Do we need to upload any passport size photographs along with other doc's. Sorry to ask such silly questions just nervous because the cost of super-priority application. Can anyone advise pls?
It is a very silly question. Your photo taken at Sopra was forwarded to Home office with the rest of ur documents.

ram14esh

Post by ram14esh » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 am

once again thank you all for your response and guidance. we got the ILR approved and Biometric delivered.
I will create a new post for childrens ILR application queries.