ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC: How to prove presence in the UK on day application received by HO (EU citizens)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

daisyt
Newly Registered
Spain

BC: How to prove presence in the UK on day application received by HO (EU citizens)

Post by daisyt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the information.

I am a Spanish citizen who has lived in the UK for 25 years, and is married to a British Citizen. I received EU Settled Status / ILR in May 2019, and I am a now applying for British naturalisation. I have most of the application form and documentation ready, but I am baffled by the requirement to have been physically present in the UK on the date the Home Office receives the application. I will meet the requirement if I submit the application in the next few months, but being a citizen of a EAA member state, I have never had my passport stamped when entering or leaving the country, so I do not see how I can prove that I was in the country on a particular date. What kind of documentation would be acceptable in this case?

Many thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC: How to prove presence in the UK on day application received by HO (EU citizens)

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm

The requirement is to have been present in the UK on the date 5 years back from the application - you would prove that date as part of submitting evidence of residency (P60 or employer letters).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

daisyt
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: BC: How to prove presence in the UK on day application received by HO (EU citizens)

Post by daisyt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm
The requirement is to have been present in the UK on the date 5 years back from the application - you would prove that date as part of submitting evidence of residency (P60 or employer letters).
Oh ok, I was over-complicating it then. That's great - thank you very much for the clarification!

LadyRenoir
Newly Registered

Post by LadyRenoir » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:13 pm

It will also be evidenced in the section where you list all your absences from the UK, if you submit your application on a date when 5 years ago you were eaway on holiday, it may/will be rejected. This almost happened to me, I wanted to submit on 01 July, but on the 1st of July 5 years before I was going abroad for a month, so had to wait a month to submit the application.