ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Tier 2 to ILR

Post by fatimahj » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Hi, I'm applying for ILR (2 months of tier 1 gen + tier 2 gen combination). I had three tier 2 employers in all. The following is a letter I have obtained from one of my tier 2 employers with whom I have worked for 3 years and 4 months and am currently employed with. My company does not keep record of what I do in my leaves and so are not willing to certify whether I was in UK or abroad. Is this letter's content sufficient. Thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to confirm that (Mr. name) is a full time permanent employee at (company name). His employment began on (date) under employment position of (position name), which he currently holds and for which he was issued a TIER 2 General visa in (date) and also an extension on (date).
During his employment tenure he took a total of (number of days) leaves. I confirm that all these absences from work were fully approved and authorized and fall within (company) regulation and he was paid full time salary during all his absent days.
He will continue to remain in employment at the (company name) in the foreseeable future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if further information is needed.

Sincerely,
(name)
Service Manager

I have a separate employers letter from Director of company regarding employment details

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR absence letter

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes it is fine
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Previous employers not giving letters

Post by fatimahj » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi,
I've had 3 employers on my tier 2 visa and one for my tier 1. Im going for ilr based on tier 1+ tier 2 combination. I am having extreme difficulty getting absence letters from previous employers (all NHS) but no one is willing to give me a letter. Each person i contact passes the responsibility onto another department. I dont know what i should do. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Previous employers not giving letters

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:59 pm

If your absences are below 30 days, ignore the letters
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Combined Employment details plus absence letter

Post by fatimahj » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi,
Is it necessary to have two seperate letters one confirming employment and other confirming absence. Or is it ok to have one letter that addresses both employment details as well as absences. Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Combined Employment details plus absence letter

Post by aman90 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Either/or will be fine.

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

ILR application

Post by fatimahj » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

Hi
I am doing my online application for ILR. In immigration history first they ask Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies? and in this I mentioned all my abroad visits including date when I left and when I came back and reason for going abroad then after this again in immigration detail they ask
Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
plz explain what is difference between above two questions in immigration detail ( visits and travel and then lived ) and what they expect as answer for this question
Thanks

sikishah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: ILR application

Post by sikishah » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi Fatimah,

On my application there were only 2 questions
  • When did you first enter the UK? Give the Date
  • Have you previously lived in a country outside the Yes
    UK including your country of birth?
The way I answered for this question is that you select yes and start entering all the countries that you have lived in starting from the country you were born in.

example

1st entry was from 1998-2013 -Pakistan Reason born
2nd Entry 2013 June1 - 2013 June10 Tourist Trip to Malaysia
3rd Entry 2013 Sep1- 2013 Sep10 Tourist Trip to UK
4th Mar 2014-Aug 2014 started job in UK
5th Aug152014- sep1 2014 Holiday to Pakistan
6thSep 2014 - March-2015 Back to UK
7th 2015March -30March Tripto Pakistan
and so on...

Hope it helps.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:57 pm

fatimahj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

A remarkable difference between LIVED vs VISIT.
For example: you live in UK, rent, job, friends, bank, tax etc
A visit is short term returning back to where you live. Tourism is not living somewhere.
So the question is very clear.. did you live anywhere else apart from UK. You probably lived in ur native country.. or if you studied in xyz country, then you lived there etc etc.

sikishah
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by sikishah » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 pm

aman90 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:57 pm
fatimahj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:24 am

A remarkable difference between LIVED vs VISIT.
For example: you live in UK, rent, job, friends, bank, tax etc
A visit is short term returning back to where you live. Tourism is not living somewhere.
So the question is very clear.. did you live anywhere else apart from UK. You probably lived in ur native country.. or if you studied in xyz country, then you lived there etc etc.
That makes sense! :)

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:25 pm

sikishah wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:15 pm
That makes sense! :)
I visited a at least 30 countries growing up because my parents tagged me along.. lived in 3 countries other than my native country due to my studies, parents education and parent’s careers.
I would have gone mental trying to fit those if I did it your way.. ;) :)

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by fatimahj » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Can some knowledgeable admin please answer. Do i need to start from birth and then start recording each stay outside of native country. I was born in my native country and have lived in UK only but on different visas prior to this tier 2 that im on right now. Im confused. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:19 pm

fatimahj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm
Can some knowledgeable admin please answer. Do i need to start from birth and then start recording each stay outside of native country. I was born in my native country and have lived in UK only but on different visas prior to this tier 2 that im on right now. Im confused. Thanks
1. The questions about countries visited is relevant to those you were a tourist in or went on holiday.

2. If you have only LIVED in your birth country and the UK, then that is what you put for that question.

They really are not trick questions and are very clear on the difference being asked, ie visited and lived!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:54 pm

fatimahj wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:16 pm
😂😂😂
Are you implying that anyone apart from an ‘admin’ lacks the knowledge to answer ur simple questions. What do you think the rest of us who answer on this forum do here?! Answer for the heck of it so you are set up to fail?!
Most of us have gained ILR successfully and are talking from our own experiences as well as a better level of comprehension. 🤦🏽‍♀️

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by fatimahj » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:31 pm

Im sorry, im not implying anything. There were two possibilities above both more or less opposite to each other. Just need a final word on it. Im sorry if you felt offfended. I never meant it like that.

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Council tax bill

Post by fatimahj » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:17 am

Hi, is it necessary to have council tax bill for each address i have lived during my 5 years? And tenancy agreement?

I have letters from each private landlord and agency i have rented from certifying my tenacy but i do not have the original tenancy agreements except current one. I also do not have all my council tax bills except this years but i have paid all taxes regularily.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Council tax bill

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:24 am

fatimahj wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:17 am
Hi, is it necessary to have council tax bill for each address i have lived during my 5 years? And tenancy agreement?

I have letters from each private landlord and agency i have rented from certifying my tenacy but i do not have the original tenancy agreements except current one. I also do not have all my council tax bills except this years but i have paid all taxes regularily.

Thanks
No and No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by fatimahj » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am

Thank you

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by fatimahj » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:36 am

Hi, i wanted to thank everyone who helped me. I applied yesterday at Glasgow and my ilr got approved.

I provided the following docs

Employment letter from current employer which also included a general absence information section where employer had summed up total annual, sick, casual, carer and unpaid leaves under those headings for each year but no exact dates were included.

Letters from all 3 of my previous employers confirming employment date and stating all absences were authorised.

Bank statement

Payslips

P60 - i dont think this was needed

Letters from all estate agents confirming tenancy where i had lived in 5 years but i do not think this was needed either.

Trinity college B1 English test

Life in UK test

So again many thanks to everyone who guided me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:56 am

P60 - i dont think this was needed

Letters from all estate agents confirming tenancy where i had lived in 5 years but i do not think this was needed either.
These are NOT required. Why do you Insist on asking or wanting to submit documents that are not required and unnecessary?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Correction of name spelling

Post by fatimahj » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:07 pm

For purely negligent reasons, unnoticed at that time my daughter's name got spelt fatima on passport and subsequently appeared as on brp. In Her birth certificate it is spelt Fatimah and other national documents are in urdu so spelling doesn't matter. In every other place like UK school certificates, awards, insurance back in native country etc where her birth certificate was used as identification document name is spelt fatimah. Essentially two spelling variation of same name are now in use. So i approached my country's embassy regarding how to correct spelling so only one version is used everywhere. They advised that when her ilr was due, i should contact the embassy and get new passport with corrected spelling and then apply for ilr using new passport. I can easily do that. I also called ukvi helpline where customer service rep said the name as its spelt on new passport will be on new brp if ilr application is approved. This seems simple enough. I just wanted to know if there is anything else needed in the application, maybe to include birth certificate or letter of explanation regarding why name spelling has been corrected. We just want one spelling everywhere. Im a bit worried if the addition of 'h' at the end of name in new passport might cause issues. Can someone advise please. Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 to ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:43 pm

No it will not be an issue. Change the name in the passport and apply with the correct name for ILR. Include a written letter explaining the amendment

fatimahj
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR

Post by fatimahj » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Thank you