ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nabilaali29
Newly Registered
Pakistan

marriage visit visa

Post by nabilaali29 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm

hi there,

need some advice on how to tackle marriage visit visa. i am indian and hold a permanant residence for canada, i am working and living here. my fiance is in uk with ILR, she is unemployed currently. i would like to come to uk to get married and return to canada afer the ceremony and registration.
some people have told me that as my fiance is in uk and she will be the uk sponsor , she has to be working and have a gross annual income of 18,000 atleast or 37,000 worth of savings to fulfil requirements of a marriage visit visa.
if anyone can help me with this process and this specific query would be very grateful.
thanks

geoeng
Canada

Re: marriage visit visa

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:07 pm

nabilaali29 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm
hi there,

need some advice on how to tackle marriage visit visa. i am indian and hold a permanant residence for canada, i am working and living here. my fiance is in uk with ILR, she is unemployed currently. i would like to come to uk to get married and return to canada afer the ceremony and registration.
some people have told me that as my fiance is in uk and she will be the uk sponsor , she has to be working and have a gross annual income of 18,000 atleast or 37,000 worth of savings to fulfil requirements of a marriage visit visa.
if anyone can help me with this process and this specific query would be very grateful.
thanks
Sounds like some people were talking about a spouse visa, though they have given you incorrect figures even for that. Shouldn't have any issues getting marriage visitor visa if you are planning to leave the UK after getting married. Info on eligibility and how to apply for marriage visitor visa is linked below:
https://www.gov.uk/marriage-visa

While on the subject however, if you are planning to settle in the UK, you would have to apply for a spouse visa and there are financial requirements that need to be met for that.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Nabilaali

You will need to prove that you have enough money to afford to come to the UK and stay for as long as you intend to stay. You will need to prove you have a reason to return to Canada, something substantial to return to. You will need to prove where you will stay in the UK.

You will also need to prove you have been in a long term relationship, met enough times to be likely to marry, and that you are not just trying to come to the UK and not return. It is hard to prove some of the things you have to prove, so do not apply unless you have every shred of evidence gathered.

If you are not having a traditional wedding, then your fiance needs to speak with the registry office and get them to send her a letter, which was sent to them by the HO, which states nothing can be done about arranging a marriage until the partner has been in the UK for 8 days. Get them to put your names on it and for someone to sign it. If you are having a traditional wedding, provide all the arrangements made so far, venues, invites, wedding ring receipts etc etc.

Hope this helps.

THO

nabilaali29
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nabilaali29 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:19 pm

hi tho,

first of all, thanks for your reply.
i have gone through the homeoffice page for the marraige visitor visa, but it doesnt specify the amount of money that counts as sufficent for the stay and marriage.
i work in canada, have made my own company. so what do u suggest would be sufficient here to show that i will return to work? the accomodation shouldn't be a problem.
secondly, what documents do i need to prove our relationship to home office. we have been a couple for 7 years. we dont use normal calls in this day and age. all our communication is through whatsapp messaging or video calling.
finally we are planning to have a traditional wedding but only part of the wedding being the registration will be in uk, the other celebrations will be in dubai.
i cant give a notice of marriage until i have marriage visit visa and i cant get the marrigae visit visa without evidence that we are getting married in uk. so how would this work?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:17 pm

How much money is not stated, and so I can't tell you, but I would say it's quite a lot $20K or so, but depends on how long you intend to stay. I suppose if you can demonstrate that your business will be there when you return and is of an on-going nature. Maybe you have property or relations or investments?
As for proving relationship. Corresponding passport stamps of places you met, pictures together, (date stamped, so take off idiot-phone if you have one, with the date on, or in places that have a feature that is obvious, say a statue or monument, with you both together, and then relate it to the passport stamp) we also printed our entire chat history from 3 years on Skype and WhatsApp etc, so go back a few years and do the same.
I had people who know me, parents, family, friends, work colleagues, that have met my OH and know the relationship is real to write a letter explaining how they know, then to sign it and copy it with their passport below, so the HO can see the people are real.

Both write a covering letter explaining how you met and your future plans, i.e. registry office here, then you both travel back to Dubai for a ceremony for your family, then she will return to UK, you Canada before you will apply for spouse visa. Be clear, and then you can use this when you apply for spouse visa, by referring to your plan and say your are now applying for SV in accordance with this plan and the MVV was granted.

I am not quite sure if you plan the registry office marriage here, if so, then like I said, ask you fiance to speak to the registry office, so you can get the letter I said. Then submit that to prove you tried to book a wedding date. Stupid I know, but the HO don't seem to know this fact, even though it is their policy. State in your covering letter, that you can't make any further wedding plans (or get flights) until you have the green light to come and marry here.
Did you have an engagement party? Pictures of that, the ring?

The trouble is, the things you need to prove are impossible to really prove, and my wifes MVV was turned down initially, because they said we had not proved we were going to marry or that she could afford to stay here. Long story short, I threatened to sue them as they failed to read the HO letter I mentioned and ignored her substantial savings, I asked how much does she need then, if what she has is not enough? No reply to that, but eventually they backed down.

Ask if you need any more.

THO.

nabilaali29
Newly Registered
Pakistan

marriage visit visa

Post by nabilaali29 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:00 pm

hi all,
would like your advice on a matter. my partner is an indian, with canadian permanant residency and i hold and ILR for uk. we plan to apply for his marriage visit visa to get married in the uk. He plans to return to Canada after the marriage to continue his work and we plan to travel back and forth. Its not an ideal situation, but we have been together for 7 years and wanted to legalize it. i am currently unemployed and studying. so a spouse or fiance is out of the questions. especially as he cannot stay in uk due to his eplyement in canada.
however, my question is, will the home office have any reason to reject the marriage visit visa in this scenario?
secondly, how can we prove the relationship of 7 years. i don't have pictures of 7 years exactly. will the same college certificates be enough to say we have been together since college. i don't have any pictures from college, oddly.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 pm

however, my question is, will the home office have any reason to reject the marriage visit visa in this scenario?
1. tell the truth in application
2. do a cover letter (or per cover letter from both of you) with your plans
3. prove your fiancee have good ties to Canada (job, social life, rental\owning of the house)
4. prove the relationship is genuine
secondly, how can we prove the relationship of 7 years. i don't have pictures of 7 years exactly. will the same college certificates be enough to say we have been together since college. i don't have any pictures from college, oddly
I don't think the length will be of a great importance here. If you can cover first couple of years in your letter, give Whatsapp texting or any alternative - the lack of photos for some period shall not be a problem.

Not saying you completely ignore the rest of the period, but I would more focus on your proof of relationship for the last 2-3 years.