ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to pick up passport when approved?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

richseals
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Refusal based on lack of evidence (although the evidence was supplied)

Post by richseals » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:37 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:23 pm
richseals wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:00 pm
Thank you for that... do you know how or who I can email to complain? As no direct emails are given.
Best Wishes
It's complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk for complaints about service or professional conduct, which I think would apply in your case if documents provided were overlooked. Additional details here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
Really appreciate the address... thanks!

richseals
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Refusal based on lack of evidence (although the evidence was supplied)

Post by richseals » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:53 pm

[/quote]

It's complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk for complaints about service or professional conduct, which I think would apply in your case if documents provided were overlooked. Additional details here: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
[/quote]

Out of interest to anyone, on Friday I logged in to the ~VFS Global system and all my documents were still in the upload document section, which was reassuring.

Later that day I complained to VFS Global, and queried if all my documents had been forwarded to Sheffield and explained my wife had been refused due to lack of evidence.

Today, I logged in, and all of the documents had been removed.

Not sure if this is a coincidence or VFS Global are covering their backs.

Luckily, I have an official receipt from them, stating which documents were uploaded.

I believe this was part of the 'Verify and check' facility.

IF YOU ARE GOING THRU THE UPLOAD PROCESS I SUGGEST PAYING FOR THE "VERIFY AND CHECK" SERVICE.

Best Wishes

Richard

richseals
Newly Registered
Mood:

How to pick up passport when approved?

Post by richseals » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

To cut a very long story short, the refusal has been overturned and my wife has now been given a visa (4th October).

We have been asked to take her passport to Sao Paulo, Brasil. HOWEVER, they actually have the passport.

I have emailed 4 times to the Sao Paulo office and only receive generic responses which don't assist in how to book an appointment or get the stamped passport.

I would have thought they would have contacted us to arrange an appointment. I think its only between 8am and 9am to pick up passports, but no one is giving any indication of how to do this.

Yesterday, they told me to ring SITEL UK, which were equally rubbish.

So, does anyone know how to get an appointment to pick up a passport when approved???

Can't believe it's that difficult.

Your help is most appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: How to pick up passport when approved?

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:59 pm

richseals,

Well done and happy for you on the positive outcome.
Would want to ask- was the overturning of the earlier decision based on the mail you
sent to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk or there were further actions/steps you took?

richseals
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by richseals » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:59 pm
richseals,

Would want to ask- was the overturning of the earlier decision based on the mail you
sent to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk or there were further actions/steps you took?
Hi,

Thank you!

I just sent a 30 page document of proof to there complaints department with a covering email. I also cc'd in my local MP, whose name I mentioned in my covering email. Took about 3-4 days to be overturned.

But in my opinion was simple for them, as the evidence was supplied, so not sure about your circumstances / situation.

Best of luck

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm

richseals wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:59 pm
richseals,

Hi,

Thank you!

I just sent a 30 page document of proof to there complaints department with a covering email. I also cc'd in my local MP, whose name I mentioned in my covering email. Took about 3-4 days to be overturned.

But in my opinion was simple for them, as the evidence was supplied, so not sure about your circumstances / situation.

Best of l

Hello,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Not in such circumstance or situation, only asked to broaden knowledge as all information on this forum do come in handy at one point or the other.