ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Edwardo
Mood:

Proof of residence documents

Post by Edwardo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm

My apologies if this has been answered but as I am on an old phone it is difficult to search.

For renewing a spouse visa with ILR can someone tell me is it true we must provide 6 documents that prove residence at address? And this is for two years prior to the visa application date?

Is a council tax bill mandatory in that bunch? I ask as I don't think a council tax bill includes the date on it that someone moved in? ( I am not sure)

What are the best and/or mandatory docs?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Proof of residence documents

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm
My apologies if this has been answered but as I am on an old phone it is difficult to search.

For renewing a spouse visa with ILR can someone tell me is it true we must provide 6 documents that prove residence at address? And this is for two years prior to the visa application date?

Is a council tax bill mandatory in that bunch? I ask as I don't think a council tax bill includes the date on it that someone moved in? ( I am not sure)

You mean to say applying for ILR via spouse route?

Yes you need to provide cohabitation documents in order to prove that you had a subsisting relationship.

Last 2 years. 3/4 different sources. Spread evenly across the last 2 years i.e. every 3/4 months.

Ideally a couple documents in joint names. If not, then top it up with solo names but same address.

Few examples: Council Tax bill, Tenancy/Mortgage papers, Elec/Gas/Water Bills, Bank statements, NHS letters, Sky/Virgin Contract, UK driving license, TV license etc etc

You can provide any 3/4 different sources not necessarily council tax.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Edwardo wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm

For renewing a spouse visa with ILR ++ can someone tell me is it true we must provide 6 documents that prove residence at address? And this is for two years prior to the visa application date?

+++Sorry I think this must be a FLR visa - spouse visa extension

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:36 pm

Thanks for above - my mistake this must be a FLR visa as yes, it is with regards to the 33 month spouse visa being extended