ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme - BREXIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iheb CH
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Pre-settled status ( Marriage )

Post by iheb CH » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:55 am

Hi all,

I am getting in touch with you with an enquiry about the validity of my marriage.

I am a Tunisian citizen living in Tunis since birth . Me and My Girlfriend (she's from spain and been living in uk since september 2018) , we have decided to get married anytime soon , and we planned to settle in UK and build a life there.

Now , my issue is as follows : due to where i'm from , it's a little difficult for us to find solutions , as she's been visiting me everytime ... And we were wondering what kind of paperwork and steps that we should prepare and take (before and after the marriage) , and if it's possible for us to be together and live together in UK .

Also , she'll be getting her pre-settled status in these days , and what kind of other things that may be of a help for us .

Would appreciate anyone that help us and give us solutions , this is so important for both of us and the uncertainty of whether we will be able to build a life together is giving us alot of stress ...

Thank you !

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Pre-settled status ( Marriage )

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:45 am

Hello

Your Spanish partner is pre-settled in the UK.

As she is EEA national, EEA routes can be used. They are usually cheaper and easier than the equivalent British law routes.

You are not married, so you fall under the category "Extended Family Member of EEA national".

The application form is here:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -03-19.pdf

and you give you some details about your situation. You cannot use the EU Settlement Scheme as you don't have an EEA card at the moment. Extended family members must have an EEA card before using the Scheme.

It's all but fair to tell you that he Home Office is not very sympathetic to EEA EFM applications. A very strong and extremely well documented application has to be built before applying.

Otherwise, if you get married, that would make things much easier.

iheb CH
Newly Registered
Tunisia

NON EU Family Member - Joining Family

Post by iheb CH » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi all ,
Me and My girlfriend are preparing to get married and we were wondering what route should we take after we get married , and is it possible for me to join her in UK as her Spouse. I'm a NON EEA Citizen , and she's an EEA citizen with pre-settled status.

If anyone of you could provide us with some informations , like ( is it possible for us to be together , if yes , what papers should we prepare ...)

much appreciated !

PS : Me = Tunisian Nationality
My Girlfriend = Spanish Nationality

kamoe

Re: NON EU Family Member - Joining Family

Post by kamoe » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

iheb CH wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Me and My girlfriend are preparing to get married and we were wondering what route should we take after we get married , and is it possible for me to join her in UK as her Spouse. I'm a NON EEA Citizen , and she's an EEA citizen with pre-settled status.
If you are legally married and she has Pre-settled status, then you qualify for a EU Settlement Scheme Family permit. All info here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu-set ... ily-permit
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

iheb CH
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by iheb CH » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm

thank you so much for your reply ! it really helps !

Also , if possible , could you provide us with more informations ? like the paperwork and what we need to prepare? the gov uk website says only the important documents , but i feel like there's more to prepare ..

if you could tell us what we need to prepare just incase .. we'll be very thankful !

iheb CH
Newly Registered
Tunisia

EU Settlement Scheme - BREXIT

Post by iheb CH » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi Everyone !
Me (Tunisian) and my fiancée (Spanish) decided to get married this month (in 10-15 days) just incase before the brexit ..

My question is : when we get married before the brexit , do we follow the EU Settlement Scheme in normal way or the new one (if brexit happens by the end of january ) ?

Also , after the marriage , do i have to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme before the 31st of january or is it okey to apply after , since we're getting married in Mid January?

I hope that someone can answer my questions ,
And big THANKS in advance !

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 pm

iheb CH wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm
thank you so much for your reply ! it really helps !

Also , if possible , could you provide us with more informations ? like the paperwork and what we need to prepare? the gov uk website says only the important documents , but i feel like there's more to prepare ..

if you could tell us what we need to prepare just incase .. we'll be very thankful !
Review the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... atus-means
You only provide what they ask for.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EU Settlement Scheme - BREXIT

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 pm

?????

eea-route-applications/non-eu-family-me ... l#p1863791
Multiple usernames are not permitted. Decide which you wish to keep otherwise both will be banned from the forum!!

member/Iheb/

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iheb CH
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Re: EU Settlement Scheme - BREXIT

Post by iheb CH » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:08 pm

i'll keep this one CR001

and if possible if you could help me with my last topic ( EU Settlement Scheme - BREXIT )

Thanks