ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor UK VISA for Parents and its Restrictions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pkopp
Newly Registered
India

Visitor UK VISA for Parents and its Restrictions

Post by pkopp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Guys,

My parents have come to UK in August-2019 for 3 months. They have been granted 6 month VISA that ends on Feb-2020. I wanted to know if they can apply again for a visitor VISA again in April-2020 or is there any restrictions on coming back to UK. I understand there is some rule about max 180 days in a rolling year but is it applicable for 6 month VISA as well and since they are staying here just for 3 months , does it mean they can re-apply and would be granted 3 month VISA in April-2020.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Pkopp

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor UK VISA for Parents and its Restrictions

Post by physicskate » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:29 am

pkopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:54 am
Hi Guys,

My parents have come to UK in August-2019 for 3 months. They have been granted 6 month VISA that ends on Feb-2020. I wanted to know if they can apply again for a visitor VISA again in April-2020 or is there any restrictions on coming back to UK. I understand there is some rule about max 180 days in a rolling year but is it applicable for 6 month VISA as well and since they are staying here just for 3 months , does it mean they can re-apply and would be granted 3 month VISA in April-2020.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Pkopp
No one can predict if it would be granted or not. If the UKVI suspect they are using visitor visas to 'live' in the UK, they may be denied. They should prove strong ties to their home country and provide compelling reasons they would return after a visit. CAN they apply? Of course! Will it be granted? If only we all had crystal balls...

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:48 am

pkopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:54 am
I understand there is some rule about max 180 days in a rolling year but is it applicable for 6 month VISA as well and since they are staying here just for 3 months , does it mean they can re-apply and would be granted 3 month VISA in April-2020.
Not sure where you are reading this, but there is no such rule.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

pkopp
Newly Registered
India

Post by pkopp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 am

Thank you for the answer. So there isnt any rule which states that you need a gap of 6 months in a year to come back to UK as a visitor. So it would mean we can apply every six months and stay in UK.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:01 am

pkopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 am
So there isnt any rule which states that you need a gap of 6 months in a year to come back to UK as a visitor. So it would mean we can apply every six months and stay in UK.
Only if they are genuine short visits, not someone who is trying to use visit visas to live in the UK. See the Visit guidance, specifically page 18 about frequent and successive visits:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-guidance
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:09 pm

pkopp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:57 am
So there isnt any rule which states that you need a gap of 6 months in a year to come back to UK as a visitor. So it would mean we can apply every six months and stay in UK.
No. The Rules are more complicated and tougher than that.
Appendix V of the UK Immigration Rules wrote:V 4.2 The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant:
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
If either the Entry Clearance Officer or the Immigration Officer at the airport think that they are trying to reside in the UK through frequent "visits", they can either refuse the visa or even refuse them entry at the airport.

So, there is no numerical limit to their stay in the UK (so long as they leave before the end of the visa and ideally should not stay longer than the amount that they stated in their visa application), but they should not attempt to reside in the UK by frequent visits.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.