ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajivferroin

Stamping

Post by rajivferroin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know as what the stamping will be for people who are impacted by judicial review.

Will it be Tier1(general) migrant or HSMP (like earlier one)

Regards

silent_observer
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1 Approved

Post by silent_observer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Hi all,
I have been a silent memeber of this group. To be honest, I was initially planning to apply for Tier 1 through an agent. Luckily I came across this forum and I made up my mind to apply myself. It was extremely useful. I would like to thank you all.

WP to Tier 1

Applied on 29th May 2008
HO received it on 30th May. Ref letter dated 30th May 2008
Apporved on 10th July 2008
Stamped on 14th July 2008
Received docs on 17th July 2008.
NO URGENT TREATMENT

It looks like wait time is around 6 weeks for all who has applied around this time. Best of luck to all the guys awaiting approval..

Cheers..

shilpigoel

Post by shilpigoel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:57 pm

can anybody tell that How HO intimate about approval?

Thanks

g_nisha
Newly Registered

Post by g_nisha » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for Tier 1 and want to claim points for my previous earnings section from July 2007 to June 2008. My earnings are as follows:

July 07 - Sep 07 - Earnings in UK (3 months)
Oct 07 - Mar 08 - Earnings in India (6 months)
Apr 08- June 08 - again in UK (3 months)

It would be a real help if anybody with same kind of scenario (with earnings in multiple countries) could send me the cover letters

Thanks in advance
Last edited by g_nisha on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandeepahlawat2001
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 1

Post by sandeepahlawat2001 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:16 am

WP to Tier 1

Applied on 12th June 2008
HO received it on 13th June. Ref letter dated 13th June 2008
Status - Waiting.

pcmalik

WP to Tier 1

Post by pcmalik » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:32 am

Anyone called today to ask which date applications are getting processed?

shankster78
Newly Registered

Approved

Post by shankster78 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Hey guys,
here are my timelines.

WP-> Tier 1
Applied: Jun 3rd
Application Rcvd: Jun 4th
Ref no: rcvd: Jun 7th
Approval Date: Jul 15th
Stamped: Jul 17th
Papers Rcvd: Jul 21st
No urgent treatment requested. Took exactly 7 weeks.
Cheers and good luck.

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Congrats shankster78.

I have posted on 31st May
Ref letter received 4th june (dated 3rd june)
Status - Waiting

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Re: WP to Tier 1

Post by tier1_seeker » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 pm

I called on Friday and was told by a lady that no updates are given for the application processing times...I don't know if I am the only un-lucky one to get this response, as I know people have been calling and getting an update..
pcmalik wrote:Anyone called today to ask which date applications are getting processed?

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_seeker » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:16 pm

Please check point number 23 at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendixa/
g_nisha wrote:Hi,

I want to apply for Tier 1 and want to claim points for my previous earnings section from July 2007 to June 2008. My earnings are as follows:

It would be a real help if anybody with same kind of scenario (with earnings in multiple countries) could send me the cover letters on guptanisha82@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Nisha,
I'm exactly in the same stage as yours...little worse...i had 4 dbreaks b/w India and UK. I'm mailing you the cover letter... hope it would be useful for you...

Cheers
Arun
g_nisha wrote:Hi,

It would be a real help if anybody with same kind of scenario (with earnings in multiple countries) could send me the cover letters on guptanisha82@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
WP to Tier1 - From UK

14 Jun 08 Appln Sent
16 Jun 08 HO Recd.
18 Jun 08 Fee deducted
21 Jun 08 Ref. No. Recd. (dated 17 Jun)
19 Aug 08 recv call from CW to collect docs
Ref. No. : PB309*

vipul1981

After Mariage Name

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Helo

I was wondering if someone can help.

My friend got married last year and she changed her surname to husbands surname on all documents except for Passport and Pay slips. Now she wants to apply for tier 1. She is on WP at the moment. Can you please advise what should she do to prove that its the same person. First name is obviously same. She is thinking of enclosing FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE (It Has after Marriage Name) and Marriage Certificate issued in India in English.

She has mentioned this point in the covering leter.

Will that be enough?

Please help

rajivferroin

Re: After Mariage Name

Post by rajivferroin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 pm

We have submitted marriage certificate, old passport, new passport with changed surname, and note in cover letter explaining name change. And we have got the tier1 visa last week.

regards
vipul1981 wrote:Helo

I was wondering if someone can help.

My friend got married last year and she changed her surname to husbands surname on all documents except for Passport and Pay slips. Now she wants to apply for tier 1. She is on WP at the moment. Can you please advise what should she do to prove that its the same person. First name is obviously same. She is thinking of enclosing FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE (It Has after Marriage Name) and Marriage Certificate issued in India in English.

She has mentioned this point in the covering leter.

Will that be enough?

Please help

ndeshna
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund Requirement

Post by ndeshna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:27 am

I want to apply for Tier -1 (General) category visa.
I have a Fixed Deposit(FD) of Rs 3,00,000/- (Three Lacs) (GBP more than 2800/- ) with Indian Overseas Bank (Govt of India Enterprise) for the period of more than 3 months.
This FD can be liquidated/redeemed at any time and it does not have any lock-in period.

I want to know, Can I submit the FD document as a Maintenance Fund proof?
Do I need to get the letter from Bank Manager stating that FD is held for more than 3 months and that the FD can be liquidated any time?

Please answer my queries if you are sure or you have got visa with FD as maintenance Fund requirement.

hursh
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance Fund Requirement

Post by hursh » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 am

For HSMP Tracker/Website read the below post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=28955

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

regarding Previous Earning Assessment

Post by tier1_visa » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:29 am

can anyone answer my query regarding Previous Earning Assessment , I do not have 2 documentary evidence to support my salary for the month of January . Can I exclude the salary of January and claim points for the remaining 11 month . I have got the payslips of January but not the bank statement .

nevadawipes

Re: regarding Previous Earning Assessment

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:38 am

tier1_visa wrote:can anyone answer my query regarding Previous Earning Assessment , I do not have 2 documentary evidence to support my salary for the month of January . Can I exclude the salary of January and claim points for the remaining 11 month . I have got the payslips of January but not the bank statement .
you can certainly use the jan payslip if you manage to score enough points using 11 months payslips to qualify or the other way around i would suggest just to get a copy of the statement from your bank for the monthof jan and get it stamped.

Regards

Grant

sandeepahlawat2001
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepahlawat2001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:41 am

tier1_visa wrote:can anyone answer my query regarding Previous Earning Assessment , I do not have 2 documentary evidence to support my salary for the month of January . Can I exclude the salary of January and claim points for the remaining 11 month . I have got the payslips of January but not the bank statement .
No you can'y

-- As per law you can claim the income for any 12 month(continious) in last 15 month.

You you don't have the proof for the last month then better claim the earning before that.

sandeepahlawat2001
Newly Registered

anu update

Post by sandeepahlawat2001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 am

has any one got any latest update?

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:54 am

sandeepahlawat2001 wrote:
No you can'y

-- As per law you can claim the income for any 12 month(continious) in last 15 month.

You you don't have the proof for the last month then better claim the earning before that.

sandeepahlawat2001

You are completely wrong on this. i would suggest you to be sure of any information you share on the forum before you assist someone. As per the HO guidance below, you do not have to wait for the full 12 months period to apply for previous earnings, one can apply anytime they fulfill the points criteria that can be done with 6, 8 or 12months earnings.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... yguide.pdf

Hope this helps

Grant :)
Last edited by nevadawipes on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aamirmalik

Post by aamirmalik » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I have recieved my documents today. this forum has been a great help....due to a very good advice from 2 or 3 members of this forum my application has been approved.

i got 3 year tier 1 visa

thank you all...

sandeepahlawat2001
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepahlawat2001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm

nevadawipes wrote:
No you can'y

sandeepahlawat2001

You are completely wrong on this. i would suggest you to be sure of any information you share on the forum and be sure about it before you assist someone. As per the HO guidance below, you do not have to wait for the full 12 months period to apply for previous earnings, one can apply anytime they fulfill the points criteria that can be done with 6, 8 or 12months earnings.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply

I am not debating the rules but i shared the imformation i have gathered and that say that you can give evidence for any 12 month slary slip/bank statement in last 15 month.

sandeepahlawat2001
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepahlawat2001 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:19 pm

nevadawipes wrote:
No you can'y

sandeepahlawat2001

You are completely wrong on this. i would suggest you to be sure of any information you share on the forum and be sure about it before you assist someone. As per the HO guidance below, you do not have to wait for the full 12 months period to apply for previous earnings, one can apply anytime they fulfill the points criteria that can be done with 6, 8 or 12months earnings.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply

I am not debating the rules but i shared the imformation i have gathered and that say that you can give evidence for any 12 month slary slip/bank statement in last 15 month.
Also

Pls see the exact rules from the link you have sent and there are two rules... and para 83 states the same you have stated above and para 78 stated the same i have mentioned above.....

83. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings
of less than 12 months if they have earned suffi cient
funds to claim the necessary points.

78. The applicant can claim points for previous
earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period
during the 15 months immediately before the date of
applying. An applicant may claim points for a 12-month period of earnings outside of this 15 months
only in very limited circumstances. These are if the
applicant can show that he/she has been:

hope this will clear

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Point 83 clearly states wht we are duscussing here and that all wht i wanted to bring to your and OP's notice.

Regards

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi,

I called up Home office and was told that my case is with Case worker's manager to have a close look.

Can any one comment ? ? ?..