ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My daughter passport renewal/ rejected

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sajid29

My daughter passport renewal/ rejected

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Dear member,
I have applied for my daughter passport renewal, they send a letter asking for my wife registration certificate .I sended my wife registration certificate, which was registered in 2006, (she was under 18 and dependent on mother ,attend college) .
I called them today ,they said we sended another letter asking to apply for MN1 free of charge . My argue is that if I send my mother in law registration certificate along my wife college certificate ,wouldn't this enough to renew my daughter passport rather going through long process ?
( they said student are exempt from registration, she was student first three years ) they asked to send wife registration certificate along 1 year work proof .
My wife PR qualifying period was between 2009-13 . And my daughter wasborn in 2014 .
Can anyone please tell me what should I do ?
Thank you .

zimba
Mood:

Re: My daughter passport renewal/ rejected

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Your English is very poor it seems. It is impossible to understand what you are saying. Was you daughter born outside the UK ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 pm
Your English is very poor it seems. It is impossible to understand what you are saying. Was you daughter born outside the UK ?
Thank you ,I think I have mixed up things
My daughter was born in 2014 and have first british passport . I applied for renewal recently ,the case worker ask for proof of my wife first registration certificate.
I send my wife registration certificate only ,she was registered in 2006 .Today they said my daughter is not british ,you need to apply through MN1 form .

When my wife registered(registration certificate)in 2006 ,she was under 18 and attended college .she was dependant on mother that time .when she applied for her PR ,she proof her 5 years residency by adding her college 3 years document (including her mother financial document plus 2 years of her work history .2009-2103

My question is ,if I provide all the documents again and explain in covering letter that why passport office should renew my daughter passport.. or I have to go through all the process ?

My wife was qualified before she was born .

When we applied for her first passport, we sent all the document and it was successful.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:38 pm

It makes no sense to me. I assume your wife was registered as British in 2006. That means your daughter was born to a British citizen and is British at birth.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:04 am

Its indeed difficult to understand what OP means. I am also wondering if the child was issued a British Passport obviously she is British. So how can HMPO claim she is not British when at the first place she was issued a BP.

You need to send in the correct documents to her claim to British Nationality though which apparently is the mother’s original British Registration Certificate.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 pm

My intelligent guess is that the OP's wife is an A8 EEA citizen, who were required to register on WRS (the Worker Registration Scheme, not British citizenship registration) if they wanted to work in the UK between 2004 and 2009/11(there was a court case about whether the extension was legal or not). The wife may not have complied with the requirements for the WRS registration, which may have rendered her PR before the child's birth invalid, thus invalidating the child's claim to British citizenship (i.e. if the requirements of the law were not met at the time of the birth of the child, the child never was a British citizen).

I think that the Passport office is demanding proof that the wife was either indeed compliant with the WRS requirement before the child's birth OR that the child be registered as a British citizen becuase the child was born before the wife acquired PR.

Can the OP confirm if my understanding is correct?

To the OP: Passports can be issued in error and during renewal it is possible to be asked to prove the basis of the claim to British citizenship even years into the future.

When and where was your daughter born?
When and where was your wife born?
When did she arrive in the UK?
When did she start working in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:16 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 pm
My intelligent guess is that the OP's wife is an A8 EEA citizen, who were required to register on WRS (the Worker Registration Scheme, not British citizenship registration) if they wanted to work in the UK between 2004 and 2009/11(there was a court case about whether the extension was legal or not). The wife may not have complied with the requirements for the WRS registration, which may have rendered her PR before the child's birth invalid, thus invalidating the child's claim to British citizenship (i.e. if the requirements of the law were not met at the time of the birth of the child, the child never was a British citizen).

I think that the Passport office is demanding proof that the wife was either indeed compliant with the WRS requirement before the child's birth OR that the child be registered as a British citizen becuase the child was born before the wife acquired PR.

Can the OP confirm if my understanding is correct?

To the OP: Passports can be issued in error and during renewal it is possible to be asked to prove the basis of the claim to British citizenship even years into the future.

When and where was your daughter born?
When and where was your wife born?
When did she arrive in the UK?
When did she start working in the UK?
Thank you yes you get it right .
My daughter was born in 2014 and my wife acquired her PR in 2013 but she never received her acquired date letter (applied for SAR )
Poland
She came in 2006 and started college . She was dependent on mother. She finished her college in 2009 and start working in 2009 part time but she was still dependent .
If my daughter was born after her PR then why they didn't renew ? Also it says in the letter students and dependent are exempt from registration .

My question is , if I send my mother in law registration, wife college certificate,wife PR aquired date letter (which I applied for SAR ,waiting ) and proof of when she was living with mother would be enough to renew ?

I only sent wife registration certificate when they ask for proof, nothing else .now I recieved letter to apply for her British citizenship using mn1 form ,free of charge .

We are totally confused .which option to consider .

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 pm

They expect proof that your wife had (automatically) acquired PR prior to your daughter’s birth. Secret.simon’s analysis was spot on.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:16 pm
She came in 2006 and started college .
How old was she then?
Sajid29 wrote:
start working in 2009 part time but she was still dependent
How many hours did she work? What proof of dependency does she have? Is her mother also an EEA citizen?
Sajid29 wrote:
Wait for the SAR. The SAR may answer the question as to when she acquired PR and also the reasons for that date.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:10 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
She came in 2006 and started college .
How old was she then?
Sajid29 wrote:
start working in 2009 part time but she was still dependent
How many hours did she work? What proof of dependency does she have? Is her mother also an EEA citizen?
Sajid29 wrote:
Wait for the SAR. The SAR may answer the question as to when she acquired PR and also the reasons for that date.
Thank you for your reply , i talked to the case worker ,they said my wife PR dated 2015 and daughter born 2014 ,which is why we didn't renew her a passport. I applied for SAR ,once I received PR aquired date which is i believed before 2014(5 years continues between 2009-2013 ),it will solve the problem. They said once you received aquired date letter from the home office ,we will review your application
.she was 16 and 20 hours .

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Sajid29 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm
they said my wife PR dated 2015
If they are saying that the PR was acquired in 2015, then there is a reasonably good chance that the SAR will say the same. Home Office staff have access to the data in the SAR. Remember that the SAR is literally a copy of the data that the Home Office (or other government department) have on you.

When you get the SAR, it will likely contain notes on why the Home Office thinks that your wife acquired PR in 2015. Your wife can then contact them and try to get them to update their records by providing them with evidence that she acquired PR in 2013.

But, unless your wife can convince the Home Office that she acquired PR in 2013 with evidence, the best bet would be for your child to be registered as a British citizen under Section 1(3).

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:35 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 pm
Sajid29 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 pm
they said my wife PR dated 2015
If they are saying that the PR was acquired in 2015, then there is a reasonably good chance that the SAR will say the same. Home Office staff have access to the data in the SAR. Remember that the SAR is literally a copy of the data that the Home Office (or other government department) have on you.

When you get the SAR, it will likely contain notes on why the Home Office thinks that your wife acquired PR in 2015. Your wife can then contact them and try to get them to update their records by providing them with evidence that she acquired PR in 2013.

But, unless your wife can convince the Home Office that she acquired PR in 2013 with evidence, the best bet would be for your child to be registered as a British citizen under Section 1(3).
Thank you . I will wait for SAR ,If not I can register her as a British citizen .
I will update here once I received SAR .
Thank you .

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:07 am

If your wife’s Polish parent was qualified person or had acquired PR, then it’s possible that she had automatically acquired PR, as a family member, sooner than 2015. You may have to look into her parents’ circumstances and her dependency on them after she was 21. They may have forgotten to include her time spent as a family member.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:20 pm

vinny wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:07 am
If your wife’s Polish parent was qualified person or had acquired PR, then it’s possible that she had automatically acquired PR, as a family member, sooner than 2015. You may have to look into her parents’ circumstances and her dependency on them after she was 21. They may have forgotten to include her time spent as a family member.
Thank you ,just to clarify .I remember my wife qualifying period was between 2009 to 2013 but applied for her PR in the end of October 2014. The date on the DCPR is Jan 2015 (this is not aquired date ) . The case worker thought because my daughter born in 2014 ,that's why they didn't renew ,but I am sure aquired date is somewhere 2013 .let's see I am waiting for SAR .
My mother in law is a qualified person and always been working since 2006 .
I hope the aquired date will solve the problem.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm

If your wife came as a family member of her mother in 2006, then her qualifying period for PR may have started then.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:46 pm

If your mother-in-law arrived in the UK, with her daughter (your wife) in 2006 and has worked since then, you need the following proof for your wife to have acquired PR before your daughter's birth and your daughter to be a British citizen at birth.

a) Proof of the relationship (your wife's birth certificate)
b) Proof of your mother-in-law working between 2006 and 2011.
c) Proof that she was registered with WRS for 2006-2009 (this is where most people trip up).

If your wife was 16 in 2006, then there is no need for proof of dependency as she would have been a family member under the age of 21 for almost all those five years. That would move the date of acquisition of PR to 2011.

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Thank you vinny and secret.simon .I will update here once I receive SAR .if no option left then I can always get documents from mother in law .

Sajid29

Post by Sajid29 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello again , after waiting long I recieved SAR . It's strange but the letter do not have acquired date . It's just say you have the right of permanent residence in the UK . Should I write to liverpool about the acquired date missing? Thank you