ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Entre director loan company will be acquired but does not meet extension requirement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tinababy666
Newly Registered
China

T1 Entre director loan company will be acquired but does not meet extension requirement

Post by tinababy666 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi,

I'm currently under T1 (Entrepreneur) visas with director loan and have initial visa granted for two years already. But the current company is going to be acquired soon and it didn't meet extension visa requirement regarding to the condition "created at least 2 full time jobs that have existed for at least 12 months" for last two years. It means if I did not start employee 2 full time jobs before this Xmas, my visa expires on mid of Jan 2021, then I can not apply visa extension for another two years.

1. Should I have to invest a new company in total 200k when my loan is back or I can now invest less than 200k as I "have invested" 200k into the company even now it will be acquired?

2. Can I invest in Venture Capital firms? Any recommend how to approach those firms?

Please help if there is any detailed guide and information can kindly share or give some useful opinions or advice?

marcnath

Re: T1 Entre director loan company will be acquired but does not meet extension requirement

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm

tinababy666 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 pm
Hi,

I'm currently under T1 (Entrepreneur) visas with director loan and have initial visa granted for two years already. But the current company is going to be acquired soon and it didn't meet extension visa requirement regarding to the condition "created at least 2 full time jobs that have existed for at least 12 months" for last two years. It means if I did not start employee 2 full time jobs before this Xmas, my visa expires on mid of Jan 2021, then I can not apply visa extension for another two years.

1. Should I have to invest a new company in total 200k when my loan is back or I can now invest less than 200k as I "have invested" 200k into the company even now it will be acquired?

2. Can I invest in Venture Capital firms? Any recommend how to approach those firms?

Please help if there is any detailed guide and information can kindly share or give some useful opinions or advice?
What happens to the loan once the company is acquired ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tinababy666
Newly Registered
China

Re: T1 Entre director loan company will be acquired but does not meet extension requirement

Post by tinababy666 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,

The loan will be redeem after the acquisition deal completes.

tinababy666
Newly Registered
China

Post by tinababy666 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 am

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm
tinababy666 wrote:
Hi,

The loan will be returned back to me once the acquisition completes

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:56 pm

tinababy666 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:13 am
marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:27 pm
tinababy666 wrote:
Hi,

The loan will be returned back to me once the acquisition completes
ok.

1. Since the money is paid back to you, you have to reinvest the money in a new company.
2. Venture capital firms are not explicitly excluded, but it going to depend on what you mean by "invest into". What do you expect they will use your money for _
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.