ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa (Job Redundancy)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lystra1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 General Visa (Job Redundancy)

Post by Lystra1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am

Dear all Members,
I came here tier 4 general master on Oct 2010 until Mar 2012 then I got PSW until Mar 2014
And I switched over to tier 2 General until Jan 2017
then switched over Tier 4 student Masters until November 2018
and I recently last year got tier 2 general Oct 2018 to until November 2021.
Now my employer implemented the redundancy and issued the dismissal letter in one week notice and I am no longer working. Expecting the curtailment letter from HO soon.
I have been legally residing here 9 years ,also my partner and 2 childrens with me here in my dependent visa. My elder child 13 years old has been here more than 7 years and born out of UK and younger one is 3 yrs old born in UK.
Now I couldn't find any sponsor to extend my tier 2. Some friends are advising me to apply FLR (FP) basis on my son's 7 years completed here and Is it countable for 10 yrs long residence? Would anyone please advise me what is the best is as I need one more year for ILR. I don't have enough knowledge in this immigration matters. Really I would appreciate if anyone give me advise in this my critical situation. It is very urgent please...

Thanking You

Kind Regards
Lystra

Lystra1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 General Visa (Job Redundancy)

Post by Lystra1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:42 am

Lystra1 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:27 am
Dear all Members,
I came here tier 4 general master on Oct 2010 until Mar 2012 then I got PSW until Mar 2014
And I switched over to tier 2 General until Jan 2017
then switched over Tier 4 student Masters until November 2018
and I recently last year got tier 2 general Oct 2018 to until November 2021.
Now my employer implemented the redundancy and issued the dismissal letter in one week notice and I am no longer working. Expecting the curtailment letter from HO soon.
I have been legally residing here 9 years ,also my partner and 2 childrens with me here in my dependent visa. My elder child 13 years old has been here more than 7 years and born out of UK and younger one is 3 yrs old born in UK.
Now I couldn't find any sponsor to extend my tier 2. Some friends are advising me to apply FLR (FP) basis on my son's 7 years completed here and Is it countable for 10 yrs long residence? Would anyone please advise me what is the best is as I need one more year for ILR. I don't have enough knowledge in this immigration matters. Really I would appreciate if anyone give me advise in this my critical situation. It is very urgent please...

Thanking You

Kind Regards
Lystra

Dear All members,
If I apply for FLR (FP) can I do combine Tier 2 , tier 4 and FLR (FP) for ILR in the basis of 10 years long residence . Please advise me anyone , it is being totally stress.

Thanks

Kind Regards
Lystra

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:06 am

All visas count for long residence ILR.

However the FLR(FP) you are thinking about generally takes very long and is often refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lystra1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Lystra1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:06 am
All visas count for long residence ILR.

However the FLR(FP) you are thinking about generally takes very long and is often refused.
Thank You so much for your reply. I applied for my son FLR (FP) and got successfully received, I and my wife have applied on the same basis FLR (FP) and waiting for the result. Hopefully will get it.

Kind Regards
Nixon

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Congratulations. Just curious to know your case a bit more.
Since when has your child been living in the UK?
Has your child been visiting their home country in the last 7 years?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.