ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mt2019
Newly Registered
Nepal

spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant)

Post by mt2019 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:41 pm

Dear Experts,
I am currently on a tier 2 visa and switching to ILR at the end of November 2019 on the basis of long residence (10 years).
My wife is currently on tier 2 dependent and will switch to spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant) once I have been granted ILR, therefore can I ask her to do B1 (GESE Grade 5) English test instead of A1 (GESE Grade 2) so that she doesn't need to do English test again when she is eligible for ILR?
Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant)

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:36 pm

mt2019 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:41 pm
Dear Experts,
I am currently on a tier 2 visa and switching to ILR at the end of November 2019 on the basis of long residence (10 years).
My wife is currently on tier 2 dependent and will switch to spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant) once I have been granted ILR, therefore can I ask her to do B1 (GESE Grade 5) English test instead of A1 (GESE Grade 2) so that she doesn't need to do English test again when she is eligible for ILR?
Thank you.
yes but the test and centre should be on the list:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... entres.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mt2019
Newly Registered
Nepal

Re: spouse/partner visa (ILR dependant)

Post by mt2019 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:42 am

Thank you