ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Switching twice - Please Help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hjohnny
Newly Registered

Tier 2 COE before joining new employer

Post by hjohnny » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I'm in a funny situation that seems a bit complicated, and I'm not sure how to best tackle this.

I'm currently on Tier 2 General visa. I accepted an offer from a new employer (employer 1), and they already did the change of employer Tier 2 Visa and I got the new BRP last week. I'm now service my one month notice before I start with this new employer.

Now my first choice dream-employer (employer 2) just came back to me now and notified me that I got the job, and and they want to start the process. Would there be an issue to go through the Tier 2 Visa process again now during my notice period and before I start next month with employer 1 and then apologise and tell them I won't join them and join employer 2?

From home office perspective, would there be an issue that they recently processed my COE Tier 2 and now they'd see this new application?

Any advice/help on this will be greatly appreciated.

hjohnny
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Switching twice - Please Help

Post by hjohnny » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi all,

I applied for 2 jobs. One of them gave me an offer and I switched tier 2 and got the BRP.
I still got about a month till my start date. Then my first choice employer gave me an offer. Would there be any problem applying for switching Tier 2 now again but with my first choice offer?