ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student applying for visit visa for husband

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sxm1256
inactive

Student applying for visit visa for husband

Post by sxm1256 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Dear all, have a few questions if you could please give me some guidance.

I’m studying pharmacy and in my last year at uni. I want my husband to come here for a month. I usually go there but I am busy at uni so I want him to come here. I’m planning on applying once I’ve graduated as a pharmacist.

1) can I apply for him seeing that I don’t work but I have savings to support him and family members to help. Or is it better if my brother is the sponsor who works full time.

2) he works in Pakistan and provides for his sister would this be enough to show he will return to pakistan?

How likely will the application be rejected?

sxm1256
inactive

Re: Student applying for visit visa for husband

Post by sxm1256 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 pm

sxm1256 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:18 pm

I’m studying pharmacy and in my last year at uni. I want my husband to come here for a month. I usually go there but I am busy at uni so I want him to come here. I’m planning on applying once I’ve graduated as a pharmacist.

1) can I apply for him seeing that I don’t work but I have savings to support him and family members to help. Or is it better if my brother is the sponsor who works full time.

2) he works in Pakistan and provides for his sister would this be enough to show he will return to pakistan?

I have been married for 3 years and I’ve been going to Pakistan every 6 months since the marriage.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:17 am

In my view tier 4 dependant visa option (if your course allows that) is more better than visit visa which might not succeed due to heavy scrutiny of documents & intentions.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am

sxm1256 wrote:

Are you British, an EU national or in the UK on a Tier 4 student visa?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:05 am

:arrow:

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:06 am

ALKB wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am
sxm1256 wrote:

I’m a uk citizen

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:20 am

sxm1256 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:06 am
ALKB wrote:
sxm1256 wrote:

I’m a uk citizen
Spouses of British nationals often struggle to get a visit visa.

Do you plan on applying for a spouse visa in the future?

When you say he provides for his sister, what does that mean? Is the sister a minor? Are their parents alive? Who will take care of the sister while he is in the UK and is it clear that this arrangement could not go on long term?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:39 pm

[quote=ALKB post_id=1838540 time=1571480454 user_id=71689]
[quote=sxm1256 post_id=1838538 time=1571479607 user_id=216256]
[quote=ALKB post_id=1838517 time=1571472349 user_id=71689]
[quote=sxm1256 post_id=1838425 time=1571426327 user_id=216256]

My sister-in-law’s husband lives in England but he will be there to support her while my husband visits. He will have to go back to support her after a month or so. Is that enough to show he will go back?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 pm

sxm1256 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:39 pm
My sister-in-law’s husband lives in England but he will be there to support her while my husband visits. He will have to go back to support her after a month or so. Is that enough to show he will go back?

So the sister is an adult and has formed her own family unit. I am guessing that your husband supporting his sister means they live in the same household. You could argue that in Pakistani culture women do not tend to live on their own and he therefore needs to return. The counter-argument to that would be that married women in Pakistan are generally expected to move into their in-law's household, so after marriage she is not really her brother's responsibility anymore.

It depends on the ECO but I don't think this is a very strong reason to go back and not stay with his wife in the UK.

Is your husband's job in Pakistan paying him a more or less UK-level of income?

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:19 pm

sxm1256 wrote:
ALKB wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:20 am
sxm1256 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:06 am
ALKB wrote:
The sister in law has no in-laws in Pakistan. She is the second wife so the in-laws are hostile towards her anyway.

My husbands income no way near similar to UK salary. Just enough to live on in pakistan. He is starting up another business though

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:06 pm

sxm1256 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:19 pm
The sister in law has no in-laws in Pakistan. She is the second wife so the in-laws are hostile towards her anyway.

My husbands income no way near similar to UK salary. Just enough to live on in pakistan. He is starting up another business though
Well, if you are planning to explain that convoluted situation in the visa application, it will certainly draw attention and not in a good way.

He can of course apply and maybe it will go through but don't get your hopes up.

On paper - and that's what the ECO will see - he is the husband of a British national who is residing in the UK and currently unable to meet the requirements for a spouse visa. Overstaying to be with his wife and working illegally may seem a much better option than returning to a job that does not pay anywhere near what he could earn in the UK. I doubt that the ECO would believe that he will put his life on hold indefinitely for his grown up sister who can make her own decisions.

I mean, what is the plan there? Are you going to move to Pakistan after graduating or are you going to apply for a spouse visa at some point? What will happen to his sister then? Is the ECO supposed to believe that you will remain in a long distance marriage until the sister's situation somehow resolves itself (at the same time you are saying in the visit visa application that the situation of the sister is not resolvable).

Good luck!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:59 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 pm
sxm1256 wrote:

So the sister is an adult and has formed her own family unit. I am guessing that your husband supporting his sister means they live in the same household. Y
I think you are mixing up sister with sister in law's husband. Op is trying to say that as per their planning her sister in law's husband will look after his husband's sister while his husband will be visiting her. Maybe husband's sister is not yet adult or need care. OP also may mean that since someone from UK is helping his husband's sister in pakistan then it means that sister really need someone in pakistan and doesnt that guaranteeing for visa purposes that her husband will return back pakistan.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:25 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:59 pm
ALKB wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:52 pm
sxm1256 wrote:

So the sister is an adult and has formed her own family unit. I am guessing that your husband supporting his sister means they live in the same household. Y
I think you are mixing up sister with sister in law's husband. Op is trying to say that as per their planning her sister in law's husband will look after his husband's sister while his husband will be visiting her. Maybe husband's sister is not yet adult or need care. OP also may mean that since someone from UK is helping his husband's sister in pakistan then it means that sister really need someone in pakistan and doesnt that guaranteeing for visa purposes that her husband will return back pakistan.
The sister of OP's brother is the second wife to a person in the UK. She can't get a spouse visa to the UK because as a second wife the UK does not recognise her marriage. Her in-law's do not like her as the second wife. That's why OP's sister-in-law is living with her brother (OP's husband). The UK husband of OP's sister-in-law can only stay in Pakistan for a month because he has a wife and family in the UK he needs to return to.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:25 am

The sister of OP's brother is the second wife to a person in the UK.
OP's husband

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm
ALKB wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:25 am

The sister of OP's brother is the second wife to a person in the UK.
OP's husband
Yes, sorry, very convoluted, as I said. But the rest is sound. OP's husband's sister (OP's sister-in-law) is definitely not a minor.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 pm

In my view that complex family situation might not work as social ties.