ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mkeel
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by mkeel » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:19 am

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just received my congratulations email today, and wanted to thank all of the amazing posters on this forum for their helpful posts and timelines, which have been invaluable in this process!

My timeline is as follows:

October 1, 2018: submitted online application
October 10, 2018: received confirmation of documents received in Dublin
October 2, 2019: received email requesting add’l docs and updated proof of address.
October 14, 2019: requested document received in Balbriggan
October 17, 2019: received congratulations email

According to the documents I found, my grandparents never registered their marriage with the state, so they requested a copy of my grandmother’s death certificate.

In any case, I’m thrilled to be an Irish Citizen! Thanks again for everyone’s help on this board—I will keep you update about my passport request after I actually receive my certificate and send in my application.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!

Edit: My application was from the US. Sorry I didn’t include that above!

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am

LesMalouinettes wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 pm
Just wanted to pop in an give an update.

I received my FBR certificate in the mail on Tuesday (15/10/19). My date of entry is 19/09/19. I applied for my Irish passport the same day I received the certificate and I had an email from the Irish Embassy in Canberra, Australia the next day just requesting proof of payment (In Australia, we can only pay for the passport application by bank transfer, not credit card).

Fingers crossed the passport processing time is nice and speedy!
Same here, payment is only by bank transfer. I had to also send a copy of the receipt as proof of payment because it wasn't showing when I took my application.

Besha
Newly Registered

Post by Besha » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Besha wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:05 am
You can add me to the December list if you like.

Application sent 13.12.2018
Delivered 14.12.2018
Confirmation of receipt 22.02.2019

FBR is pending

I feel good that people from November are now starting to hear - I’m currently living in Sweden (British citizen)! Thankfully Sweden has given British citizens 12 months grace period in the event of a no deal to get a residence permit. Or in my case an Irish passport!

Fingers crossed things will continue to pick up for everyone!!!
Today they’ve requested me to confirm my address! I have quite a few things registered at my parents so I’ve used theirs - I’m still not registered in Sweden despite me working but that’s a conversation for another topic...

Basically, I’m more than hopeful that I should be hearing even better news soon!

Good luck to everyone still waiting...

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:32 pm

In any case, I’m thrilled to be an Irish Citizen! Thanks again for everyone’s help on this board—I will keep you update about my passport request after I actually receive my certificate and send in my application.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!

Edit: My application was from the US. Sorry I didn’t include that above!
[/quote]

Congrats!!

moodor
Newly Registered

Post by moodor » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:41 pm

I have only posted once here, news has been thin on the ground since my application last November (2018)...

But today I received some good news!

I received the email that my application will be soon approved, and the certificate and supporting documentation sent back to me. I have confirmed my new address and provided the backup. What would be the estimate with regards to when I can expect an envelope?

Timeline
15 Nov 2018 - Application sent via recorded mail and signed for at Irish embassy in London
20 Feb 2019 - Email from DFA telling me that my application ha been received
18 Oct 2019 - Email from DFA telling me my application is soon to be approved and that I need to confirm my post address for certificate

Dcapp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dcapp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi all

Congrats to moodor.

I've searched best I could but could not come up to the answer for a shipping question.

Trying to mail my application from Wash DC USA to the PO Box address in Balbriggan.

I haven not had any luck finding a provider to deliver to a PO Box number in Ireland with receipt confirmation.

I walked over to Ireland Embassy and they said to ship to old St Stephen's address but not sure that's wise.

I see many references to shipping applications via Fedex throughout the site but that seems to be before the switch to Balbriggan addrees. I called Fedex and they said they do not deliver to PO Boxes in Ireland.

Any assistance appreciated.

T

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Dcapp wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Hi all

Congrats to moodor.

I've searched best I could but could not come up to the answer for a shipping question.

Trying to mail my application from Wash DC USA to the PO Box address in Balbriggan.

I haven not had any luck finding a provider to deliver to a PO Box number in Ireland with receipt confirmation.

I walked over to Ireland Embassy and they said to ship to old St Stephen's address but not sure that's wise.

I see many references to shipping applications via Fedex throughout the site but that seems to be before the switch to Balbriggan addrees. I called Fedex and they said they do not deliver to PO Boxes in Ireland.

Any assistance appreciated.

T
I did mine in June via a Fedex store with a tracking number to the Balbriggan PO Box - no problem at all.

Dcapp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dcapp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Thanks JG I'll give it a shot.

As long as it comes back should there be an issue or I'll have a couple of aunts, providers of original documents, out to get me(!).

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Dcapp wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 pm
Thanks JG I'll give it a shot.

As long as it comes back should there be an issue or I'll have a couple of aunts, providers of original documents, out to get me(!).
Remember to photocopy EVERYTHING you send! They seem to send all certs back from what I've followed from people's comments.

jgclancy

Dcapp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dcapp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 pm

For sure JG.

Brent28
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Brent28 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Dcapp, I sent mine via USPS without any issue and it was significantly less expensive than the Fedex option. The tracking number provided only worked until the package left the US, but I read this is a common issue with tracking numbers for all international mail from the US. Either way, the DFA will send you an email confirming receipt of your documents. So regardless of the carrier you use, you do get assurance of arrival.

Dcapp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dcapp » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Thank you Brent.

You know it's odd as if you check both the Fedex and USPS sites they say they don't deliver to PO Boxes (specifically for IE on the USPS site). Weird and not encouraging when you're sending certain originals. But that's why I came here .. very appreciative.

Brent28
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Brent28 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 pm

That is quite odd. I sent mine from a UPS Store and was offered all three carriers, with no mention of a PO Box restriction. Either way, USPS got it there no problem.

Jacqui309

Post by Jacqui309 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:03 am

I can’t see any information about adopted applicants on the due website. Can somebody apply if they are adopted and hence their grandmother is not a blood relative

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 am

I got my estimated passport issue date from the tracker and it's saying, 28/11/19. Can anyone who has received their passport let me know how long it took them to get it in hand after the date of issue? I know you're not meant to book your flight until you have it, but I was kind of hoping to book my flight a month after that estimate. Surely that would be enough time ...although with Xmas mail delays :? Any thoughts, opinions?

Luke125SWalker
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Luke125SWalker » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:44 am

LesMalouinettes wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:51 am
I got my estimated passport issue date from the tracker and it's saying, 28/11/19. Can anyone who has received their passport let me know how long it took them to get it in hand after the date of issue? I know you're not meant to book your flight until you have it, but I was kind of hoping to book my flight a month after that estimate. Surely that would be enough time ...although with Xmas mail delays :? Any thoughts, opinions?
My passport estimated issue date is 31/10/2019, but it was printed on 09/10/2019 and dispatched on 10/10/2019. i will let you know as soon as I get it. Hopefully in this week or next week.

Jaxx22
Finland

Post by Jaxx22 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:08 pm

LesMalouinettes wrote:

How long did it take from taking the application to the embassy to it showing it showing on the tracker? Mine isn't showing yet

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Jaxx22 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:08 pm
How long did it take from taking the application to the embassy to it showing it showing on the tracker? Mine isn't showing yet
I posted my application by express post to the Irish embassy in Canberra, Australia on the 15th of October and it was showing in the tracker by the 17th. It was possibly there on the 16th but I didn't check until the 17th.

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:17 pm

Brent28 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 pm
Dcapp, I sent mine via USPS without any issue and it was significantly less expensive than the Fedex option. The tracking number provided only worked until the package left the US, but I read this is a common issue with tracking numbers for all international mail from the US. Either way, the DFA will send you an email confirming receipt of your documents. So regardless of the carrier you use, you do get assurance of arrival.
(I've only posted here once or twice...)
I also used USPS (sent from Oregon) and DFA confirmed receipt 9 days later. The tracking number worked fine across the US, and I even received two USPS updates tracking it in Ireland. DFA confirmed receipt the same day that USPS delivered it.

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:07 pm

BigDaddy100 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Brent28 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:35 pm
(I've only posted here once or twice...)
I also used USPS (sent from Oregon) and DFA confirmed receipt 9 days later. The tracking number worked fine across the US, and I even received two USPS updates tracking it in Ireland. DFA confirmed receipt the same day that USPS delivered it.
One other thing:
On a whim, I entered my USPS tracking number at the An Post website. They also sent me a delivery notification. It had a different tracking number (ending in "IE"), but it also included my original number (ending in "US").

Dcapp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Dcapp » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Bigdaddy/Brent .. do you recall what USPS delivery method you used?

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Jaxx22 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:08 pm
LesMalouinettes wrote:

Mine showed up in the tracker the same afternoon that I submitted it at the embassy. If yours has not, it is no cause for immediate concern. I'm sure procedures vary from place to place.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm

LesMalouinettes wrote:
The date of issue in my case was one week later than that specified in the tracker. From issuance I waited about another two weeks on physical receipt, but that was to China. Others like Michael got theirs far quicker through the US postal service.

LesMalouinettes
Mood:
France

Post by LesMalouinettes » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:21 am

Sulla wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm
The date of issue in my case was one week later than that specified in the tracker. From issuance I waited about another two weeks on physical receipt, but that was to China. Others like Michael got theirs far quicker through the US postal service.
Thanks for your reply and Luke125SWalker's. I booked my flight this morning for Xmas day. Hoping everything falls into place, but if not - I guess I'll just have to pay to change the date of the flight for something later. Cross your fingers for me! :D

BigDaddy100
United States of America

Post by BigDaddy100 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:28 am

Dcapp wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:17 pm
Bigdaddy/Brent .. do you recall what USPS delivery method you used?
Dcapp... I used Priority Mail Express International. With their largest envelope, I still had to fold some edges on one of my certs. Total weight was 6.3 oz and the postage was $62.90. That includes insurance up to $100. If you want more, it's an additional charge. Best of luck to you.