ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU PRE SETTLED GRANTED BUT I am now DIVORCEd PLEASE HELPPPPP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

inesbankole

EU PRE SETTLED GRANTED BUT I am now DIVORCEd PLEASE HELPPPPP

Post by inesbankole » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I am a bit desperate a need your advice here please, here is my story :

I am Non Eu national married to an EU national got my residence card. Marriage lasted 3 years.

I applied for the pre settled status whilst i was married and was granted.

However i am now divorced. I called the EU resolution center to ask if i should reapply for the settlement scheme again with retained right of residence. on the phone they told me i don't need to i just need to give them the decree absolute and i will be fine.

I asked them the same question by Email and they reply saying i will need to reapply for the pre settled status again under retained rights as after the divorce i won't have any right and also my residence card will not be valid anymore.
I am confused two different answers from the source. :( :( :( :( :(

Also i have non eu partner outside the uk which i want to bring here since i am now divorced so i need to sort this situation out to be able to do it and when i asked the EU resolution center they said i will only be able to do that if i become british.

I really need some advices pleaseeeee i am shocked andconfused.

thanks

aw17
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: EU PRE SETTLED GRANTED BUT I am now DIVORCEd PLEASE HELPPPPP

Post by aw17 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:11 am

can you please share what they reply and what you ask please.

EEAnonEEA
Newly Registered

Post by EEAnonEEA » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 am

Unfortunately your status will be curtailed.
The latest version of Curtailment guidance (version 17.0) describes cases like yours on page 24.
It was released less than 10 days ago, that's why resolution center was not aware of it.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm

Yes you would have to send new application . You can not sponsor anybody until you have PR in the UK and even after that most difficult UK immigration route. Not EU
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 pm

EEAnonEEA wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:16 am
The latest version of Curtailment guidance (version 17.0) describes cases like yours on page 24.
It was released less than 10 days ago, that's why resolution center was not aware of it.
ok so that will only happen after the divorce is final right? meaning after the decree absolute right?

inesbankole

Post by inesbankole » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:13 pm

inesbankole wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 pm
EEAnonEEA wrote:
ok so that will only happen after the divorce is final right? meaning after the decree absolute right?
Because i am travelling next week as my dad is sick and wants to know if i need to take any extra precaution just in case i have to answer questions at the border.
FYI i only have the decree nisi i have not even applied for the decree absolute yet

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello
Please share your experience if you applied again for pre settled status.
Im in same boat

EEAnonEEA
Newly Registered

Post by EEAnonEEA » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:05 pm

You are concidered married until decree absolute is granted.

Lh2oo
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Lh2oo » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:12 pm

Hey thanks I know but what I’m confused about it .
The day a receive decree absolute do I need to apply again for pre settled status or no

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 pm

This is so shocking and stressful change they made to curtailment guide!!!

I have no i idea what is going to happen to me where I have pre settlement and resident card till December 2020...but soon I will be going to divorce possibly start of next year Jan feb!!!!

I am feeling I will loose all my life that I have built up for last ten years with soooo much struggles! Specially my wife whom I still love but soon I am going to loose her the best job I have and what else I have no idea!!

Though my marriage has last for more then 4 years but with this new change I think my pre settled status will be curtailed and I can not apply for ROR?? Please correct if I am wrong as i really don’t understand like before!

The new guidance which is version 17 on page 24 when marriage is broken down under euss they pre settle status has to be curtailed to 60 days!!

Can I apply for ROR after my pre settle this is curtailed to 60 days? With my RC that is still valid till dec2020 If yes when exactly please?

Please reply me if anyone of you guys have the correct information!!! Thank you so much for reading!!!

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:41 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm
Yes you would have to send new application . You can not sponsor anybody until you have PR in the UK and even after that most difficult UK immigration route. Not EU
And what that new application will be called?
RoR? Based on what rights he has?
I read there is no ROR after 1 of October 2019?
According to guidance 17

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:37 am

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:41 pm
askmeplz82 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm
And what that new application will be called?
RoR? Based on what rights he has?
I read there is no ROR after 1 of October 2019?
According to guidance 17
There was no ROR application even before that. It was just you send new EEA2 EEA Residence application and in the application you need to fill up the section that ask you about your divorce which you fill up first time

Now you just new Pre Settled application based after divorce with Marriage and Divorce certificate
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:50 pm

inesbankole wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:13 pm
inesbankole wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:09 pm
EEAnonEEA wrote:
Because i am travelling next week as my dad is sick and wants to know if i need to take any extra precaution just in case i have to answer questions at the border.
FYI i only have the decree nisi i have not even applied for the decree absolute yet
What's your situation? Have you travelled back to UK? Was there any issues? Thanks