ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR Online before the 28 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adisays
United States of America

Re: Applying ILR Online before the 28 days

Post by adisays » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Thank you aman90. Yes, I have counted those absences in that as well. It's just in 2 out of my 5 years I was in the US for around 30-33 days at a time, where my boss let me work remotely for 2 weeks and take 2 weeks as holiday. Even counting that, I was out of the UK for a total of 56-78 days in those years.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 am

adisays wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 pm
👍🏽

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:52 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 am
adisays wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:07 pm
👍🏽
thanks for the advice aman90. I'm just about ready to hit submit this Friday when my time has come (literally) and I have the following docs. I suppose I'm not missing anything, am I?

For a single person, Tier 2 (General) to ILR 5 year route under the same sponsor:
  • Online application
  • Employer letter of confirmation/needing employment for foreseeable future/SOC code/salary
  • Employer letter of absences / full table of absences
  • 1 month payslip (they only asked for 1... I saw many people submitting 12 but I don't want to burden them with unnecessary paperwork they didn't ask for, do you agree? Or is doing the bare minimum not a good thing?
  • 3 month bank statement from October
  • Official UK university degree and transcript
  • Consent for searches
  • Life in the UK Pass Test
Is there anything more formal needed to provide for the salary? This is confirmed in the HR letter stating my SOC code, salary and need for employment for the forseeable future and payslip, but wasn't sure if anything else is needed. I don't need to provide my employment contract do I?

Also, while I'm well within the 180 day allowance (less than 90 days out of the country each year) I'm concerned they may see my absences of 30 days or more at a time as an issue. My HR letter says the following paragraph, is this OK?

"During her employment she was required by the company to travel on business assignments. Ms. XXX was permitted as part of her employment to work remotely from abroad in conjunction with business or holiday travel. While abroad working remotely, on business trips, as well as on her annual paid holidays, she was still on UK payroll, paying NI and tax in the UK. Her salary was deposited in her UK bank account."

Thank you for your help.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:52 pm
List looks ok but the transcript is unnecessary. Yes, keep the documents as stated within guidance. No ur overthinking it. You’ll be ok.

Are you applying via Super priority?

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Thanks, the degree and transcript from my university were issued together (it's just one page each) so that's why I've included it.

Yes, I'm pretty desperate to apply via Super Priority. I have a trip to India planned in December and it's probably the last time I'll get to see my grandmother. I really hope I'm able to get the priority option. My Tier 2 expires Nov 30th.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:26 pm
Thanks, the degree and transcript from my university were issued together (it's just one page each) so that's why I've included it.

Yes, I'm pretty desperate to apply via Super Priority. I have a trip to India planned in December and it's probably the last time I'll get to see my grandmother. I really hope I'm able to get the priority option. My Tier 2 expires Nov 30th.
:) I also have a UK degree and it was issued with a single page transcript but I’ve never had any problems too date with just providing the degree.
In fact my degree is so pathetic looking that anyone who sees it thinks I’ve randomly printed off myself.
Transcripts are only required if the degree is not available.
Well good luck! I hope you get to see ur granny soon!
As long as you apply when you complete 5 years minus 28 days! Biometric date is irrelevant.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks!! I hope I get to see her too.

I'm one of those weird people who actually entered the UK a couple weeks before the grant of my first visa (Tier 4 general student). Since the year on the student visa doesn't count, and because I was already in the UK when I got my first Tier 2, I'm just counting minus 28 days from my first visa issue date, which is November 14, 2014 ... :P

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi everyone again,

I have gotten all my docs together for ILR, and I'm planning on applying this Friday. I am urgently holding out for a priority appointment, so I won't be paying for anything until I see the priority option available.

I understand from this board that the date of application is when you submit and pay. As I haven't gotten to the submit / declaration page yet on my online app, I can't see what the next steps are. So my question is this:

Come Friday, if I submit my declaration but the priority appointment is not available, and two days later if it is and I pay, what is considered my application date? Is it the date I submitted the declaration / application or the date I paid for the priority appointment?

Also, does anyone know at what stage you are asked to upload your documents? Is it after the declaration/submission page or after you pay for the priority service? So far, it hasn't asked me to upload anything...

Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:44 pm

The declaration is irrelevant at this point.Every time you go back it’ll pop up again and again till you pay and submit.
Obviously after you pay and submit otherwise it would have come up by now.
You shall be redirected ukvcas to upload docs.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks aman90. So come Friday (the 18th) I see the priority option available and book an appointment on November 1, my application date is Oct 18th (since that's when I submitted and paid) and NOT on Nov 1, my appointment date?

Do you know if you can upload your scanned docs anytime before the appointment date or do you have to do it as soon as you pay? Reason I ask is there's a silly error on my employer letter (uses the 'she' pronoun correctly everywhere except for 1 sentence, where it says 'his'). HR won't be in to sign the new letter till Monday though.

Thanks!

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:20 pm

adisays wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:55 pm
Thanks aman90. So come Friday (the 18th) I see the priority option available and book an appointment on November 1, my application date is Oct 18th (since that's when I submitted and paid) and NOT on Nov 1, my appointment date?

Sigh.. Yes 😂

Do you know if you can upload your scanned docs anytime before the appointment date or do you have to do it as soon as you pay? Reason I ask is there's a silly error on my employer letter (uses the 'she' pronoun correctly everywhere except for 1 sentence, where it says 'his'). HR won't be in to sign the new letter till Monday though.

Anytime before and on the day of biometrics, before sopra steria forwards the info to HO. And before you ask, yes it’s fine for the letter to be dated after submission of application

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks again aman90. One final one (hopefully) before the big submit.. (I might have said that before :oops:)

The question: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I was born in the US, so I suppose the correct answer is 'yes' - it's odd to put "the date lived there from" as my date of birth, but I suppose this is what is expected? It's clear from my passport / birthday that I lived in the US upon my birth till when I entered the UK for the first time... I just want to ensure that answering 'yes' to this question is correct, since it does specifically say 'including country of birth'

Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 pm

adisays wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:28 pm
I agree with ur logic. You can answer it as you deem fit. People have answered No and been approved. Said Yes and also been approved.
Consensus is to say yes.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:14 pm
adisays wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:28 pm
I agree with ur logic. You can answer it as you deem fit. People have answered No and been approved. Said Yes and also been approved.
Consensus is to say yes.

Thanks again aman90. As predicted... I lied about that being my last question :oops: :?

You previously advised me in this thread to put my actual first date of entry in the UK (which was at the start of my Tier 4 student visa) as the answer to the question "When did you first enter the UK?" For me that would be September 5, 2013. However in the online app under this question it says "This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

You told me previously this doesn't relate to the qualifying period but I'm also not basing my "period of stay for this application" on this date - the year on a student visa doesn't count towards your 5 years. So I initially thought to put my Tier 2 start date (November 14, 2014) as my date of entry. Should I still put the September 2013 date as my date of entry, even if my application isn't based on it? And if I do, do I need to include the travel calculation for days away for that year as a student too?

Thank you so much

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:33 pm

adisays wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm
1.Whether you write the actual entry date or you write the visa issue date- it will not have any adverse affect. As you were already in the country the only logical answer can be the actual date of entry.

2. No. ILR is based on 5 years continuous residence counting backwards. Only ur absences during Tier2 are relevant.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:22 pm

A million thanks again. I will put the Sept 2013 date as that's what logically makes sense..

Now the mystery question I didn't anticipate I'd have trouble with - entering the Life in the UK "unique reference number." I took the test last week - the only number really on the certificate is called "test instance ID" at the top and it's a 7 digit number. No letters.

The only other random numbers on the certificate are for 'supplier ID', 'test authorser ID', 'test supervisor ID' and that's it. It can't be any of those can it?

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Never-mind, found the answer myself for once :) It's here on page 21 for other people's reference - looks like this doc was just modified last week with an October 2019 date:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am

aman90 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:33 pm
adisays wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:23 pm
1.Whether you write the actual entry date or you write the visa issue date- it will not have any adverse affect. As you were already in the country the only logical answer can be the actual date of entry.

2. No. ILR is based on 5 years continuous residence counting backwards. Only ur absences during Tier2 are relevant.
Hi aman90 - I think I saw you write this on another post but wanted to ask you on my thread - you mentioned you did your passport scans in colour? I have scanned all pages of my passport in colour and combined it all into one PDF. The file size is 2.8MB, so well under the 6MB limit. Should this be ok? Or does it absolutely have to be in black and white? It took me over an hour to scan my passports the first time so... really hoping I don't have to re-do it all! Thank you

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:37 am

adisays wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am
- you mentioned you did your passport scans in colour? I have scanned all pages of my passport in colour and combined it all into one PDF. The file size is 2.8MB, so well under the 6MB limit. Should this be ok? Or does it absolutely have to be in black and white?
It’s fine as long as you don’t exceed the limit and as long as it’s easily readable. And you can change colours after scanning too
I used my phone and it gave me the option to use colour, b&w etc after scanning.
I preferred colour coz B&w looked weird.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks, I'll leave them in colour then. I keep seeing people talking about including original passport photos - I never saw anything about needing passport photos for Tier 2 to ILR...?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:43 pm

adisays wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:33 pm
Not required

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi aman90

Just wanted to say today I had my premium appointment and just over 2 and a half hours later I got my application successful email. Thank you SO MUCH for all of your help and advice - really you are a star!