ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bad email for biometrics

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rbrammer
Newly Registered
United States of America

Biometrics

Post by rbrammer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:04 am

After my application for citizenship had been processed, I received an email asking me to send a request for a biometric appointment to the below email address:

Do not book your appointment on the website, but instead e-mail UKVINewYork.Correspondence@fco.gsi.gov.uk who will assist you in booking an appointment. Within your e-mail please ensure you provide the following:

The above email is invalid and bounces back. Does anyone know the correct email that should be used to request a biometic appointment?

Thanks!
Robyn

zimba
Mood:

Re: Biometrics

Post by zimba » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm

After submitting your application online, you are asked to create an account with UKVCAS and book an appointment to enrol your biometrics.
Note: This is what happens if you apply from the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm
After submitting your application online, you are asked to create an account with UKVCAS and book an appointment to enrol your biometrics. :!:
User likely applying for citizenship on form UKM or UKF from the US.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:10 am

Oh yes you are correct :oops: The OP did not clearly explain she is applying from the US
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rbrammer
Newly Registered
United States of America

Bad email for biometrics

Post by rbrammer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 pm

I am ready to have my biometric scan to finalize my citizenship. However, the email they provided me is invalid: UKVINewYork.Correspondence@fco.gsi.gov.uk.

Does anyone know the correct email address? I have written everyone I can think of, but no one seems to have any information. Thanks!

Robyn

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Bad email for biometrics

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm

rbrammer wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:09 pm
I am ready to have my biometric scan to finalize my citizenship. However, the email they provided me is invalid: UKVINewYork.Correspondence@fco.gsi.gov.uk.

Does anyone know the correct email address? I have written everyone I can think of, but no one seems to have any information. Thanks!

Robyn
send an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and explain your situation. Hopefully, they will be able to help you
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

rbrammer
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Bad email for biometrics

Post by rbrammer » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have sent letters to England, called NY, and Los Angeles, and sent additional emails to a dozen places. Odd that they would not have corrected the error by now. The email they sent has not been operational for at least two months. I just sent an email to the address you mentioned. I suspect, however, that they will reply as the others did; i.e., they cannot help if applying out of the country.

If anyone knows someone else I can call or email, please let me know.