ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jais2015

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by jais2015 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 pm

nuna123 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:29 pm
jais2015 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:21 pm
It seems to me that Refugees Citizenship application takes longer to process. I know a few of my friends applied after refugee status and are waiting longer than others.

Is there anyone in this forum who applied for Citizenship after refugee status and got it sooner?
one of my friend got within 2 months under refugee status he is exceptionally lucky even he overstayed 6months and he got his just within 2 months
Thank you for your comment. Two months, that is really quick. It gives some hope.

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 am

Finally the application with a caseworker after well 7 months

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:12 am

Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 am
Yaaaay! Well happy for you pal! Fingers crossed

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:58 am

sam86ds wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:12 am
Heitomorrow wrote:
Did you enquire about your 21 day matter

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:58 am
sam86ds wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
Nah mate! Still waiting and I’m still unsure whether that letter I received was the one they are talking about!!

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:08 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:03 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:58 am
sam86ds wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
Nah mate! Still waiting and I’m still unsure whether that letter I received was the one they are talking about!!
You can ask them whether the letter was a decision

ZKelemen
Newly Registered

Post by ZKelemen » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi everyone

I sent my application middle of September.. I keep reading the Forum everyday looking for more and more informations to keep myself calm and relaxed to wait my letter.. but. I just realised i made a mistake on my application..

In 'Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad' I answered NO, because I thought is about the naturalisation application, but unfortunately i did apply for permanent residence card before so the answer I believe YES.. what should i do now? Do i have to contact the HO to change this on my application? Where should I contact them?? Is it possible for refusal because of this?? :cry: :cry:

piresm
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by piresm » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:55 pm

ZKelemen wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:39 pm
Hi everyone

I sent my application middle of September.. I keep reading the Forum everyday looking for more and more informations to keep myself calm and relaxed to wait my letter.. but. I just realised i made a mistake on my application..

In 'Have you ever made any previous immigration applications in the UK or abroad' I answered NO, because I thought is about the naturalisation application, but unfortunately i did apply for permanent residence card before so the answer I believe YES.. what should i do now? Do i have to contact the HO to change this on my application? Where should I contact them?? Is it possible for refusal because of this?? :cry: :cry:
Hi,

I have done the exact same mistake (and another one). I sent an email to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk reporting the mistakes - don't forget to add your application number to the email's subject.
In less than 48hours, I have received the following message:
The information provided has been added to your file, if further information is required a caseworker will contact you directly.

I hope that this helps!

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 am
Vesh123 wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:25 am
Hi, could anyone help me with question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"

The thing is my wife is dependent on me but I've applied FLR(M) for her which is pending conclusion. What shall I say for the above question , YEs or No? as she has not got ILR yet

I would be thankful for the URGENT response.

Thanks
Vesh
You need to say YES, as you DO have a dependent NOT applying with you.
Hi, could anyone help me with question "Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?"
I am applying for my wife's naturalisation and came across with this tricky question which made me confused . I am British citizen and have two kids both British citizens.

Thanks.

Partha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Partha » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Dear users and experts.

I'm new here, not sure if it is the right place to seek for advice. If not please accept my apology.

I did submit online naturalization application on the 30th august and next day I had appointment with Sopra. On the 18th of september which is after 3 weeks, I received a letter from Home office asking to send my All passports including old and new within 10 days which I did.

Here very important thing to mention that the guy who did scan all my document did not scan my old passport. Now I understand this is why home office asked me to provide my all passports. In the letter is clearly mentioned that they will return my passport as early as possible.

Now it's been almost 4 weeks they have not sent my passports. Wondering if any of you have come cross to this situation. please do share your experience.
I do appreciate for your time.
Thank you very much

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Hello members yesterday I email today I got reply.im confused this Is reply from team or caseworker??

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the progress of your application for British Citizenship

I am writing to let you know that we are still dealing with your application, I have written you a letter with more information and will send this out to you today.

Kind regards

Xxxx

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:34 pm
Hello members yesterday I email today I got reply.im confused this Is reply from team or caseworker??

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the progress of your application for British Citizenship

I am writing to let you know that we are still dealing with your application, I have written you a letter with more information and will send this out to you today.

Kind regards

Xxxx
It’s seems directly from the caseworker and the contents looks strange.

My application also with a caseworker and getting panic when I read this contents. I wish we all to get a positive outcome

Laraa89
Newly Registered
Palestine

Post by Laraa89 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me here.

I applied for British Citizenship on 27th March 19 and I got the email on the same day "Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered"

However, on 20 May 19 I got the same email with a different reference number :/

I email further nationality enquiries about which reference number is the correct one and they said the second one (which was received on 20th May) does this mean my 6 months wait starts from the date I received my second email? I'm confuses as there's almost 2 months difference :(

I applied for citizenship after marrying a British citizen but I also had my ILR for 5 months when I applied. it's been a year since I had my ILR now. I had my discretionary leave to remain for 5 years then got my ILR. I got married in January 19 (not sure if these informations helps)

I contacted them after 6 months of the original date and they replied with this:

"Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact you.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/KGXV4/

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration"

Does this mean it's not with a case worker yet? :?

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:05 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards

Xxxx

My application also with a caseworker and getting panic when I read this contents. I wish we all to get a positive outcome
Thanks for your reply what do you think they will ask more information or they are going to send me questioner I'm panic too much really its been 7 months nearly .😓 and also who's send me this email I dont know its case worker or some body she write down her name as wel at the end.its look like case worker

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:45 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:05 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards

Xxxx

Thanks for your reply what do you think they will ask more information or they are going to send me questioner I'm panic too much really its been 7 months nearly .😓 and also who's send me this email I dont know its case worker or some body she write down her name as wel at the end.its look like case worker
Hi bro

I guess the letter directly from caseworker and probably she must need more information from you to conclude your application. Do you have kind of any immigration flags such as overstayed, late application submissions or appeals.

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:45 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards

Xxxx

Hi bro

I guess the letter directly from caseworker and probably she must need more information from you to conclude your application. Do you have kind of any immigration flags such as overstayed, late application submissions or appeals.

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 am

Morning all,

I sent an email to the HO yesterday asking for an update and I received the below response, I’m very confused I think it’s just like a game!!!!!!

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

I am sorry if your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly

Has anyone here seen this type of response from HO?

Nbet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Nbet » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 am

sam86ds wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 am
Morning all,

I sent an email to the HO yesterday asking for an update and I received the below response, I’m very confused I think it’s just like a game!!!!!!

I can confirm that your application is in the process and that decisions on applications are usually made within six months.

I am sorry if your application is taking longer than usual, to be processed. As you may be aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries to ensure that applicants can satisfy the statutory requirements. Some of these enquiries are carried out by external agencies on our behalf and can sometimes take longer than six months to complete.

We will endeavour to conclude your application at the earliest opportunity and we will write to you again as soon as the necessary checks are complete. Please be assured that, as soon as we are in a position to reach a decision, you will be notified accordingly

I sent an Email to HO on 12th Oct and today I received exactly the same response !!!!! I applied for Naturalization beginning of April and still waiting !!!

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 am

Zeebro44 wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards

Xxxx
I received the same email from them yesterday, but I don't know what the information they talk about.
Just wait until the letter arrived.
Note I applied in Jan 2019

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

Nbet wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:12 am
sam86ds wrote:
Morning all,

I sent an Email to HO on 12th Oct and today I received exactly the same response !!!!! I applied for Naturalization beginning of April and still waiting !!!

I Also received the below today;
Thank you for your e-mail

Our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

Thank you for your patience

FMT

Nbet
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

Post by Nbet » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am

sam86ds wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am
Nbet wrote:
sam86ds wrote:
Morning all,

Our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

FMT
Yes, I received exactly the same response a few days ago from > NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov. I believe this is all an auto-reply message.

Karo6425
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Karo6425 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Nbet wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am
sam86ds wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am
Nbet wrote:
sam86ds wrote:
Morning all,

FMT
Yes, I received exactly the same response a few days ago from > NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov. I believe this is all an auto-reply message.
I got a similar reply.. although they quoted a different case ID to mine -not very vigilant from them! I’ve had replies from fmt which had a persons signature so I believe the do reply to emails individually-just copy and paste the same message.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:53 am

Heitomorrow wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:45 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards
Xxxx

Hi bro

Hello bro yes I was overstayed for 8 months but on that time when I applied asylum in Croydon I told home office and also I told them why I become overstayer I gave them proof and they consider if they ask me again I can provide them no problem

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 am

Omyousif wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards

Xxxx
I received the same email from them yesterday, but I don't know what the information they talk about.
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:24 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:59 am
Omyousif wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 am
Zeebro44 wrote:

Dear Mr xxxx

Kind regards
Xxxx
Hi may be they need more Information from us.what you think this is from caseworker?? Mine was female name ?? Male or female ??
Actually I don't think it from caseworker, just stander reply, and yes she is a female.