ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Re: change brc issued under eea to eu settlement

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:22 am

[/quote]
With a EEA RC you will technically only need a Schengen visa if you travel alone, or not joining your EU family member.
[quote]

Yes you are right I did see read that.
But I just applied for a schengen visa and it was not hard at all to be honest and I did not have to show too much maybe because my spouse is Greek and I was at the Greek embassy. The Greek embassy is not strict at all and Greece has always been my main destination so I always take my schengen visa there.

Since I live in portsmouth. I just went to the embassy to apply and I told them I want it posted back to me.The Greek embassy post my passport back to me tracked royal mail. My schengen visa was ready in 2 weeks and honestly easy entering many countries in Europe including Switzerland once they saw my schengen visa. No questions asked.

My last schengen visa from the Greek embassy was given to me July 2018 and it expires July 2020.

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:21 am

Hi all

just an update, after I applied to change my brc to get an upgraded brc with new status, I recently received an email from home office which explain the difference b/w brc under eu regulation and the new one under settlement scheme and seek to confirm that I would like to go ahead with my application to upgrade or cancel the request/application, I choose to go ahead, done my bio last week.

Not sure how long it will take to get the new upgraded card, tbh I was expecting a bit quick response as the upgrade of brc is not equal to process a new application so I was hoping its just the matter of confirming my new settled status which is link with my current brc and issue a new card but the person at bio centre said it will take something b/w 6-8 weeks.

will share any update.

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:34 am

Hello

Did you have to post your current brc card to them?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 pm

ar22 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:21 am
Hi all

just an update, after I applied to change my brc to get an upgraded brc with new status, I recently received an email from home office which explain the difference b/w brc under eu regulation and the new one under settlement scheme and seek to confirm that I would like to go ahead with my application to upgrade or cancel the request/application, I choose to go ahead, done my bio last week.

Not sure how long it will take to get the new upgraded card, tbh I was expecting a bit quick response as the upgrade of brc is not equal to process a new application so I was hoping its just the matter of confirming my new settled status which is link with my current brc and issue a new card but the person at bio centre said it will take something b/w 6-8 weeks.

will share any update.
Hi I have applied for my non eu spouse’s upgrade her status in settlement scheme and now have been 1 month passed. Home office told me you will get it within 8 weeks. I have checked her status online now is settled status instead of pre settled she got before challenged. They did not ask me to send back old BRC so far.

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi

No I haven't been asked or told to send my current brc back yet, I can only assume that instruction will come to send it back or destroy it once new one is issued.

Leo_one, would you mind sharing the telephone number for home office department who is dealing with brc upgrade application, I received an email from them to confirm that If I wanted to proceed my application which I did but there were no telephone number where I could contact them to ask any questions I have.

thanks.

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm

Rose2019.
Hello ar22

Since you said they never ask for your BRC card while making the application .

Do u think it is wise for one to travel or they might cancel the brc card since an application has been made

I want to convert my BRC card under EU law to the EU settlement scheme but I have travel plans for xmas and travel plans in summer. SO if they do not ask for the card. Is it safe to travel?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Rose2019.
Hello ar22

Do u think it is wise for one to travel or they might cancel the brc card since an application has been made

I want to convert my BRC card under EU law to the EU settlement scheme but I have travel plans for xmas and travel plans in summer. SO if they do not ask for the card. Is it safe to travel?

Normally you must post it within 7 days or else £1000 fine.. for BRP not sure how it's for BRC
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 am

Askmeplz

Do you have any info about divorce after settled stauts been granted, i have searched for Some time and there is no definite answer

What happens to EU family member granted settled status and then divorced?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:16 pm

hanihani wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 am
Askmeplz

Do you have any info about divorce after settled stauts been granted, i have searched for Some time and there is no definite answer

What happens to EU family member granted settled status and then divorced?
Nothing will change actually does pr card holders lose it after divorce? Ofcourse no you have got your ilr granted it mean you will not lose it because of divorce.... I have asked same question before to home office and the answer was once you granted your settle status you will not lose it after divorce.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:37 am

Fbiboy

Thank you
I do remember you asked about that In a different post

Glad to know that

Thank you

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:40 am

Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:58 pm
Rose2019.
Hello ar22

Hi Rose2019

tbh this was one question that was holding me back when I wanted to apply for an upgrade but unfortunately couldn't find a answer, I think it would be wise not to travel until the outcome of the application or not to apply if you haven't already.

I think its because its a total new process so most people not have enough knowledge about it to share, when I applied I was hoping I'll get an upgraded card within a week or so but some other applicant mentioned on this topic that It could take up to 8 weeks, same thing I was told at bio centre but I don't think the ppl at bio centre would have such knowledge of processing time.

Ar

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:33 am

Hi

curious question

If I do not upgrade my current EEA BRC card changed to the BRC card under EUSS before december 2020 ( When all EEA BRC cards become not valid)

Will I be illegal ( even though my EUSS Settled Status is linked to my EEA BRC card that will not be valid by december 2020.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:58 am

ar22 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:23 pm
Hi

No I haven't been asked or told to send my current brc back yet, I can only assume that instruction will come to send it back or destroy it once new one is issued.

Leo_one, would you mind sharing the telephone number for home office department who is dealing with brc upgrade application, I received an email from them to confirm that If I wanted to proceed my application which I did but there were no telephone number where I could contact them to ask any questions I have.

thanks.
Hi, sorry I haven't, site just give you information about application and you can fill the form online. I have sent email and they replied processing time is within 8 weeks.
Regards

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:09 pm

I have got a letter today deliverd to my home from the home office after I cancelled my application

Says that my application been cancelled ...

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 am

Why did you cancel your application?

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:58 am
ar22 wrote:
Hi

thanks.
Hi, sorry I haven't, site just give you information about application and you can fill the form online. I have sent email and they replied processing time is within 8 weeks.
Regards
Hi Leo_one

I emailed them today too and got the reply that it will take upto 8 weeks since the application submission, I submitted my application to upgrade my BRC around mid September but couldn't get the bio appointment till 10 OCT, according to their reply, I should receive their decision by end of next week as it will be 8 weeks since my application submission.

seeing from you post, it seems like you must be reached the 8 weeks deadline by now or must be close to it, have you heard anything from them ?

Thanks

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 pm

ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm
Leo_one wrote:
ar22 wrote:
Hi

thanks.
Regards
Hi Leo_one

I emailed them today too and got the reply that it will take upto 8 weeks since the application submission, I submitted my application to upgrade my BRC around mid September but couldn't get the bio appointment till 10 OCT, according to their reply, I should receive their decision by end of next week as it will be 8 weeks since my application submission.

seeing from you post, it seems like you must be reached the 8 weeks deadline by now or must be close to it, have you heard anything from them ?

Thanks
Hi ar22
Thanks for the update. I guess you haven't noticed at the time of submission of application prompt come on screen your application only will be completed when you done your biometric.
I have submitted my application on 11 October and biometric on 19 October so I haven't 2 months yet. Let see what the outcome. I will share as soon as I got. Thanks

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Rose2019 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:22 am
Why did you cancel your application?
Well I have cancelled it I thought I will go for naturalisation in February so I thought I don't need to confuse myself with timming.....
But something new happend made me re apply again so I have applied new application last week and my biometric will be in 25th of this month
What happened is my wife started the divorce and I will receive the decree absolut by end of January
My brc is 5 years eea family member and I have ilr under the sattlment scheme... so it's two different things if someone have ILR he/she not need to report changes in circumstances like divorce
But brc I have to report and alot of paper work will delay my time if I want to apply for naturalisation in February... so I have decided to call the BRC office they didn't help alot as they advised me to contact the sattlment scheme resolution centre
I called them they was wondering why I don't have settled status card (like they don't know that if we have Brc card we don't need another card unless its expired) I told them all about you said we are ok for brc cards if it's not expired for now ! And then they said you can change your circumstances and you don't need to change your card it's still valid I said how if I will be no longer a family member they said its fine I have my ilr I don't need to worry... I then mentioned that link to exchange the brc to sattle status card they said yes its possible and I have to follow the instructions and do biometric....

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Leo_one wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 pm
ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:04 pm
Leo_one wrote:
ar22 wrote:
Hi

thanks.
Regards
Hi Leo_one

Thanks
Hi ar22
Thanks for the update. I guess you haven't noticed at the time of submission of application prompt come on screen your application only will be completed when you done your biometric.
I have submitted my application on 11 October and biometric on 19 October so I haven't 2 months yet. Let see what the outcome. I will share as soon as I got. Thanks
Sorry 11 September and 19 September not October.

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm

yea that's' what I thought that you wrote Oct mistakenly, so, according
to their timeline of 8 weeks, you should hear something back from them by the end of next week.

Fingers cross and good luck, please let us know when you get the response.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm

ar22 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
to their timeline of 8 weeks, you should hear something back from them by the end of next week.

Update about replacing BRC
Hi today I have got the replied of my email and thanks God I have told my application have been successful and change of status BRC is on the way.

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Glad you will be getting your BRC card under the eu settlement scheme

How many weeks did it take for you to get your application approved?

I want to do mine but I am in spain in December. So am thinking to replace my BRC card in January but I have to go out of the country in July.

So do you think if I do the application online in January...my new BRC card should be ready before July?

Also did you have to post your old brc card?

ar22
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ar22 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am

Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm
ar22 wrote:

Hi today I have got the replied of my email and thanks God I have told my application have been successful and change of status BRC is on the way.
Congratulation mate and thanks for sharing the info, I guess it worked out 7.5 weeks since the bio date, I do have the same question, did they asked you to sent the old one back once you get the new card in the email they sent you?

Please let us know when if you get any instructions about it.

Rose2019, currently it seems like its taking 8 weeks since the bio appointment to get the application process so I guess you should be ok when you apply for it in JAN.

I am waiting for mine, will share any update.

Rose2019
inactive
Mood:
Indonesia

Post by Rose2019 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 am

What of your old BRC card. Have they ask you for it?

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:48 am

ar22 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am
Leo_one wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:17 pm
ar22 wrote:

Congratulation mate and thanks for sharing the info, I guess it worked out 7.5 weeks since the bio date, I do have the same question, did they asked you to sent the old one back once you get the new card in the email they sent you?

Please let us know when if you get any instructions about it.

Rose2019, currently it seems like its taking 8 weeks since the bio appointment to get the application process so I guess you should be ok when you apply for it in JAN.

I am waiting for mine, will share any update.
[/quote

No they didn't say anything else then card will be arrived in 5 to 10 working days. May be any letter will come with card for further instruction. If I got any further instruction will let you know. Take care