ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa curtail

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Spouse visa curtail

Post by Raman2548 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm

My spouse visa curtial me and my wife divorced and I can’t back go to india as I don’t have anyone there . I come to uk in 2005 and stay here illegally after my tourist visa expire and married in 2017 wid British citizen in India . I went to India in 2016 November and come back to uk in September 2017 .and our marriage did not work out as to much interfering of my in laws in my married life so it’s broken our relationship. And I’m in to much depression as I can’t go back to India . I don’t have anyone there I spend my Young time here in uk my friends and family members here . I don’t have home over there no life over there for me . I try to commit sucide also here in uk . Please advice me what I can do to stay here in uk .

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa curtail

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Hello

If you are thinking of harming yourself over this, please contact the Samaritans:

https://www.samaritans.org

Honestly, it doesn't worth it harming yourself over this. You need to stabilize first in your mind then you can see what are the options in terms of immigration.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Raman2548 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:23 pm
My spouse visa curtial me and my wife divorced and I can’t back go to india as I don’t have anyone there . I come to uk in 2005 and stay here illegally after my tourist visa expire and married in 2017 wid British citizen in India . I went to India in 2016 November and come back to uk in September 2017 .and our marriage did not work out as to much interfering of my in laws in my married life so it’s broken our relationship. And I’m in to much depression as I can’t go back to India . I don’t have anyone there I spend my Young time here in uk my friends and family members here . I don’t have home over there no life over there for me . I try to commit sucide also here in uk . Please advice me what I can do to stay here in uk .
I am afraid but you have to leave because beyond curtailment deadline you will once be living illegally and comparing to old days now UKVI has your biometrics details which allows them to catch you more easily and if deported then you will be banned from entering UK for several years.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:35 pm
Hello

If you are thinking of harming yourself over this, please contact the Samaritans:

https://www.samaritans.org

Honestly, it doesn't worth it harming yourself over this. You need to stabilize first in your mind then you can see what are the options in terms of immigration.

Do please take Zerubbabel's advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi raman. Don't think negative and be strong. Do you have any baby with your wife. If yes than you can live here legally. I know it is bit risky if home office catch you. They might deport you because this time they have all your document. So be strong and think calmly.

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:29 pm

No I don’t have any baby

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:11 pm

I know your marriage is not doing OK but:

- Are you still married?

- Do you have any residence / leave in the UK at the moment?

I understand you came back in 2017 with a spouse visa or similar. That's 2 years ago. Are you still married at the moment?

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Got divorced last month . And she willing to help me to stay but how can she ?if u can help me out . But before she already tell home office to cancel my visa . And home office reply as well to curtail my visa. But know she ready to help me but how can she is there any option

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:16 pm

Raman2548 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm
Got divorced last month . And she willing to help me to stay but how can she ?if u can help me out . But before she already tell home office to cancel my visa . And home office reply as well to curtail my visa. But know she ready to help me but how can she is there any option
Given your present circumstances none of her help can work for immigration purposes.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm

She doesn't tell the Home Office but you tell them according to the process published here:

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

You must tell the Home Office when you divorce or separate from your partner if your visa is based on your relationship.

Because she is British, she is not really the one who applied for a residence and has a residence. It's yourself at this occasion.

Your visa will be curtailed. However, as you are still in the UK, you can try to find other options such as Tier 2 application. See with your employer if he has a license or any other employer really.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm
She doesn't tell the Home Office but you tell them according to the process published here:

You must tell the Home Office when you divorce or separate from your partner if your visa is based on your relationship.

Because she is British, she is not really the one who applied for a residence and has a residence. It's yourself at this occasion.

Your visa will be curtailed. However, as you are still in the UK, you can try to find other options such as Tier 2 application. See with your employer if he has a license or any other employer really.
1. Either partner can inform HO.

2. The OP has stated already that their visa has been curtailed.

3. The OP is not able to switch to Tier 2 within the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:35 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm

1. Either partner can inform HO.

2. The OP has stated already that their visa has been curtailed.

3. The OP is not able to switch to Tier 2 within the UK.
I agree, he can't switch from the UK. But from his past immigration history, he has no issues going back to his home country if it is to switch to a different visa. I think given the circumstances, the Tier 2 visa seems a bit of a long shot but at least it gives some hope in this precarious situation the OP is going through.

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm

The reason I can’t go back india . Don’t have place to live there . My family will not accept in my family my brother hold everything since I’m in uk 2005 I stay continusly here in uk 2005 till 2017 . He took everything of mine . So I’m in deep depression don’t know what to do .

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Raman2548 wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:06 pm
my brother hold everything since . He took everything of mine .
To claim your share you need to refer to Indian court in India.

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:16 pm

I can’t and I don’t want to . I just don’t want to go back I can’t live there I’m addict to uk weather and living life as I spend my Young time here continuously 14 years . My all friends family members here . Tell me what I can do

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 am

Can me and my x wife remarry again . We just got divorced 1 month ago . She willing to remarry me again as she done this before pressure from herfamily . My relationship broken before due to her family

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:54 am

Raman2548 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 am
Can me and my x wife remarry again .
Yes but from India. In all cases you have to leave UK

Raman2548
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Raman2548 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am

In my biometric card visa till May next month . And my x wife can’t remarry me on that visa here in uk

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:38 am

Raman2548 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:32 am
In my biometric card visa till May next month .
:?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

Raman2548 wrote:
In my biometric card visa till May next month . And my x wife can’t remarry me on that visa here in uk
You said your visa has been curtailed, which means it has a new earlier expiry date by which you need to leave.

Also note that to marry within the UK, you are both required to attend an HO approved Registry office to give 28 days notice. The Registry office then inform HO and this notice period can be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before you are given permission to marry. Given that you have just been divorced and if she has notified HO already, you can expect heavy scrutiny.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Raman2548 wrote:
In my biometric card visa till May next month .
I think you are carrying a cancelled BRP