ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Time to get the CoA or final decision as first time BRC applicant in new system

Poll ended at Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm

Within 2 weeks of biometrics appointment
41%
Within 1 month of biometrics appointment
23%
Within 3 months of biometrics appointment
4%
Have not received anything yet (2 weeks not up)
15%
Have not received anything for more than 3 months.
16%
Received after 3 months.
1%

Total votes: 93

dimiku
Albania

Re: EU settlement - Non EU family member - CoA and decision time

Post by dimiku » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Misfits wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:06 pm
dimiku wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:39 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 am
Hi everyone.
When the actual processing time starts for these applications? The time you submit it or when you do your Biometric... I submitted mine in April, did biometrics in May after few days received the CoA.. And one week after got email to provide further evidence... Which I already provided but still waiting for outcome... Involved my Mp as well. Did several calls & emails.. Still same response that it's in process keep checking email. I am waiting for 5 months now if the Time starts from biometrics... Anyone else also waited or waiting that long?? It's so frustrating...
i have applied on 24/04/2019 and got my COA on June 14, nothing else after that.
I am still waiting

Hi Dimiku,

Wow that’s almost 6 months , I hope you hear from HO soon .
If you don’t mind , what is your background case plz?.

Me , I’m waiting 1 month now , I am non EU , separated from my partner and could not provide valid ID only expired one , marriage certificate, NI and sum P60.
Hey, yes no probs
I have been in the UK for 20 years.
I lost my asylum case and overstayed.
Then got eea (fm) for 5 years(2011-2016) then separated from EU family member and didn't apply for permanent.
I applied and got FLR for 2.5 years in 2016.
Then I applied for Euss scheme on 24/04/2019.
Its complicated!!

Makicaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by Makicaaa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi everyone,
It is stunning to see how much you help each other :). Also, congrats everyone on getting their preferred statuses.
My situation is as follows and I would appreciate any guidance: I have got an EEA family visa - extended fm (durable partner) of an EU citizen with a pre-settled status. He is, therefore, EU, I am nonEU.We have been together for 2 years (the first year i studied in the UK, then moved back home) and in the last year, we have been spending together approximately a week each month. Our employers are very flexible with us working from outside of the office. I will move to the UK in January and we plan to marry in the UK in February

1) do i need to apply for RC first and then to EUSS or I can apply for EUSS straight?
2) will I have COA confirming the right to work?
3) is it better to apply before or after the marriage takes place?

Thanks in advance!

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:14 am

I think you must apply after your marriage takes place because you have already planned it right? You can straight away go for EEA Family Permit (Direct family member). Also, you can receive the COA with work in that category if you provide all original identification documents.

I have applied for a durable partnership and it has been now a month, desperately waiting for results.

sista
Newly Registered

Post by sista » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:12 am

dimiku wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 am
sista wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:18 pm
Hi everyone
This is my timeline. I applied online as I do not have a biometrics residence card.

Application type: Non EU
Applied on: 18th Aug 2019
Biometrics: 22nd Aug 2019
COA: 4th October 2019 - 4.04pm
Settled status: 4th October 2019 - 4.08pm

My husband and children with Portuguese passports applied and got status within 2 days of application.

Hope it helps someone.
hi sista
Congratulation.
Can you tell us, what type of visa did you have previously?
I had permanent residence vignette sticker. I'm not ready to naturalize yet so applied for EU settlement

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:17 am

Great, thanks for getting back to us, congrats again.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:41 pm

How long did you have to wait after applying to get your passport/ID card back?

I need to travel and my spouse needs to register at the GP etc and the HO has her only forms of photo ID.

Deeq
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Deeq » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm

This is my timeline. No previous biometrics residence card. I only have EEA family permit visa

Applied on: 2nd Sep 2019
Biometrics: 3rd Sep 2019
COA: 18th October 2019
Pre-Settled status: 21st October 2019
I called them 4 times.
Good luck everyone

Makicaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bosnia & Herzegovina

Post by Makicaaa » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm

amaherchandani wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:14 am
I think you must apply after your marriage takes place because you have already planned it right? You can straight away go for EEA Family Permit (Direct family member). Also, you can receive the COA with work in that category if you provide all original identification documents.

I have applied for a durable partnership and it has been now a month, desperately waiting for results.

Really? Where did you apply from?
I dont know, it would be another family permit as a direct member and then EUSS? That would be completly crazy, I got so stressed for the first time and they check all the same things again and again

sista
Newly Registered

Post by sista » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:41 pm
How long did you have to wait after applying to get your passport/ID card back?

I need to travel and my spouse needs to register at the GP etc and the HO has her only forms of photo ID.

You dont need to send passport unless they ask you to. Its scanned when you go to give in your biometrics and you take it back straight after.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Deeq wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:10 pm
This is my timeline. No previous biometrics residence card. I only have EEA family permit visa

I called them 4 times.
Good luck everyone
Hi Deeq
Congrats. If you don't mind will you please brief your case. I have applied for my mother she got the family permit for 6 months from Pakistan and after her arrival in UK I have applied her pre settled status but didn't get any confirmation from HO so far. Though it's not so long just applied on 07/10/2019. I'm little worried about outcome. Thanks

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Deeq wrote:

I called them 4 times.
Good luck everyone
Can you please also update us once you get your card?

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Deeq wrote:

I called them 4 times.
Good luck everyone
Congratulations

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:55 am

sista wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm
You dont need to send passport unless they ask you to. Its scanned when you go to give in your biometrics and you take it back straight after.
Is this the right thread? My spouse is applying to the EU Settlement Scheme as a non-EEA citizen. The application form said they need her passport as ID since she doesn't have a biometric ID card.

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 am

No CoA for a week now here

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am

ryuzaki wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:55 am
sista wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:02 pm
Is this the right thread? My spouse is applying to the EU Settlement Scheme as a non-EEA citizen. The application form said they need her passport as ID since she doesn't have a biometric ID card.
I am non-EU, applied under the scheme and was requested to send my passport Twice!
The passport was returned within 4-5 days on both occasions.

amaherchandani
Mood:
India

Post by amaherchandani » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am

Makicaaa wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:48 pm
amaherchandani wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:14 am

Really? Where did you apply from?
I dont know, it would be another family permit as a direct member and then EU Settlement Scheme? That would be completly crazy, I got so stressed for the first time and they check all the same things again and again

I applied from UK itself , I think every family member of EEA national and EEA national have to apply for settlement scheme. I think I could have directly applied for settlement scheme but being on safe side by applying for residence card appealed to me. I'm aiming to contact them to expedite my application decision. My application was straight forward. My partner has PR + Plus he works and then I have submitted all the relationship proof documents.

Don't get stressed, it might look hard but it's not that hard if you focus more on the documentation and evidence part. I made my application in 7 days with 1.3 KG of documents (including everything).

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:34 am

dimiku wrote:
Ehs763 wrote:
Hi everyone.
When the actual processing time starts for these applications? The time you submit it or when you do your Biometric... I submitted mine in April, did biometrics in May after few days received the CoA.. And one week after got email to provide further evidence... Which I already provided but still waiting for outcome... Involved my Mp as well. Did several calls & emails.. Still same response that it's in process keep checking email. I am waiting for 5 months now if the Time starts from biometrics... Anyone else also waited or waiting that long?? It's so frustrating...
i have applied on 24/04/2019 and got my COA on June 14, nothing else after that.
I am still waiting
Hi.. Any update? I also wanted to ask you that you been for biometrics too? Or there was no need in your case? If you done biometric what was the date for that.. If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:34 am
dimiku wrote:
Ehs763 wrote:
Hi everyone.
I am still waiting
Hi.. Any update? I also wanted to ask you that you been for biometrics too? Or there was no need in your case? If you done biometric what was the date for that.. If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks
Hey, no update yet for me.
I was told I did not need to do the biometrics.
I just had to send my passport (twice) but it came back very fast.
I have been waiting for the decision for nearly 6 months now.
Very frustrating !!

ash87
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by ash87 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:53 am

Hello all
Can anyone please Advice me what to do?
my self NoN Eu my wife Eu national we both have applied for Settled Status 3 months ago and we both are wating for Decision we only received COA but after that notning.

my question is we are moving to new adress next month in different city in the uk.
my first cuzn will still be living on our old adress if any letter comes on our name we still can collect it from that adress.

can anyone please advice me
Do we have to update our adress to Eu Resulation centre or we wait for Decision ?

Thank you in advance 😊

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi all
Quick update regarding my EU settled status application
Online application made 08-10-2019 based on family member married for 5 years
Biometric done: 11-10-2019
Didn’t send passport or any documents as they scanned my passport while doing biometric and all documents are scanned and added while doing online application. I lost my RC card recently so applied using passport.
No news after biometric. Didn’t receive COA
My wife got her Settled status before 2 months and I linked my application with her application number.

Anyone who applied on same time please ?

Thanks

Peace202002
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Peace202002 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi,
I have similar situation.
Applied 14 Oct
Biometric 16 Oct
Relieved COA 17 Oct
Still not heard anything yet.

Ehs763
Newly Registered

Post by Ehs763 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 pm

dimiku wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
dimiku wrote:
Ehs763 wrote:
Hi everyone.
I am still waiting

Thanks
Very frustrating !!
Today it's been 6 months for you If they don't respond you today than over 6 months is too long and very upsetting.. May be if you speak to their complaint department Manager they might update you that why its taking longer than 6 months.. I'm in similar boat I will be approaching my 6 months time soon.. I am not calling them further and waiting until 6 months completes.. Hoping to get response before that... Its very strange that why caseworker doesn't bother me to contact it they need further documentation from us.. Keeping us on hold is indeed frustrating..

Mitchelle
Pakistan

Post by Mitchelle » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Ok people thank God! I got my settled status today.
I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting and my prayers are with them my God grant them what they want.my time line is as follows

Applied for settled status on 01/10/2019
Via app as i had resident card
So no biometrics
Coa straight away 01/10/2019
Asked for partner id on 22/10/2019
Submitted my partner passport copy on 24/10/2019
Got my status after 15 minutes of submition!
Yaaay!

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Mitchelle wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:55 pm
Ok people thank God! I got my settled status today.
I wish the best of luck to those who are waiting and my prayers are with them my God grant them what they want.my time line is as follows

Applied for settled status on 01/10/2019
Via app as i had resident card
So no biometrics
Coa straight away 01/10/2019
Asked for partner id on 22/10/2019
Submitted my partner passport copy on 24/10/2019
Got my status after 15 minutes of submition!
Yaaay!
Congratulations

dimiku
Albania

Post by dimiku » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Ehs763 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 pm
dimiku wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm
Ehs763 wrote:
dimiku wrote:

I am still waiting

Thanks
Very frustrating !!
Today it's been 6 months for you If they don't respond you today than over 6 months is too long and very upsetting.. May be if you speak to their complaint department Manager they might update you that why its taking longer than 6 months.. I'm in similar boat I will be approaching my 6 months time soon.. I am not calling them further and waiting until 6 months completes.. Hoping to get response before that... Its very strange that why caseworker doesn't bother me to contact it they need further documentation from us.. Keeping us on hold is indeed frustrating..
Hey, yep today is 6 months since I applied.
I just sent them another email earlier to remind them that it's been 6 months and my application has not been decided yet.
I will update you all when I get the reply.
If I don't get anything useful I'll call them and ask to speak to the complaints department.
Hopefully something will come through