ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adisays
United States of America

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by adisays » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi guys, I'm really worried here. After days of panic over whether or not I'd be able to see the Super Priority option, I waited till midnight on the day I'm eligible to apply 28 days beforehand (October 17th). At midnight, I took a screenshot of the declaration page. I then hit continue and was immediately able to see the Super Priority option. I entered my info and paid, with a timestamp of 12:03am - I took a screenshot here as well. However, on the payment page it said "Date: October 16."

I'm really nervous now because if they're counting this as my application date, I'm 1 day early even though I waited till after midnight. Since I was on the UKVCAS page, I was able to book an appointment on October 22, which is within my 28 days. (after paying another fee as there were no free appointments available). I have not uploaded anything to UKVCAS.

Should I call the Home Office tomorrow first thing to explain, or should I just wait?

I'm applying for ILR via Tier 2, 5 years FYI.

Thank you for your help.

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 am

Hi don’t worry that just a payment date from worldpay. If you download the application form going back into your account it will show the correct date of 17th.

farogty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by farogty » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:26 am

Dear All,

Thanks everyone for your help, I received the approval email on Tuesday 15th October for my ILR through Tier 2.
My Tier 2 was valid to August 2020. However when I check the right to work website I receive this message:
"We can't show your record

You will need to prove your right to work by showing an employer your identity document – your EU passport or national identity card, or biometric residence document."

Did anyone one receive this message before?

Thanks

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 am

Jonu25 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 am
Hi don’t worry that just a payment date from worldpay. If you download the application form going back into your account it will show the correct date of 17th.
Jonu25, you have absolutely saved my mental sanity. I spent over an hour on panicked calls to the Home Office who advised me to include a cover letter explaining what happened. But I checked the application form as you said and it does have the October 17 date just after midnight on it. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH <3

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 am

your welcome. Sometimes our mind makes up these negative thoughts and we worry about the things that hasn’t even happened yet for no reason but that’s not the reality so until your application tell your mind to make some good thoughts like you will have positive decision on time without any issues . do your best forget the rest. Good luck for the application.
adisays wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:01 am
Jonu25 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:59 am
Jonu25, you have absolutely saved my mental sanity. I spent over an hour on panicked calls to the Home Office who advised me to include a cover letter explaining what happened. But I checked the application form as you said and it does have the October 17 date just after midnight on it. So THANK YOU VERY MUCH <3

rkmtrk
Newly Registered
India

Post by rkmtrk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Applied for ILR Route : ILR via Tier 2 General 5 years route and 1 dependant(Super priority)
Date application sent : 14/10/2019
Document received by HO :15/10/2019 (Uploaded online on UKVCAS)
Ack letter received (if applicable) : N/A
Biometric Letter received : N/A
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 16/10/2019 @ 08:00 am @ Glasgow
Payment Debited :14/10/2019
Approval/Refusal Received : Confirmation email came through 17/10/2019 @ 11:56am
BRP Card Received : waiting

Few points to mention:
1) Looks like Right to work website doesn't work anymore to check your status, few minutes before i got the email the website displayed this
'We can't show your record
You will need to prove your right to work by showing an employer your identity document – your EU passport or national identity card, or biometric residence document.'.

2) Email of approval comes from a new email(home.office.atlas at notifications.service.gov.uk) and the format is different, Looks more like a Letter that is sent to home address.

Dear xxxxxxxx

Ref: xxxxxxx(your application number)

Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the UK has been successful.
What happens next
You will receive your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) by courier within 7 working days. It is your BRP, not this letter, that is the official document that grants you status.

Happy to answer any questions..

Alexkung
Newly Registered
China

Post by Alexkung » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Very impressed by the service! Here s my case and hope it will be useful for further applicants:

Applied for ILR Route : ILR via 10 year long residence (Super priority)
Online form submission and payment: 07/10/2019
Date application submitted - 10pm via premium service (delayed due to lacking of docs): 12/10/2019 (finger print taken at lunch time the same day)
Approval email: 13/10/2019 Sunday morning at ~10 am
Decision letter received: 16/10/2019

Few points to mention:
1) organise you support documents based on your other reasons of staying in the UK (such as bought a house, have built up friends circles, commute to work and is used to driving culture in the UK - driver's license, have built credit line/insurance history etc.)

2) I wrote a casework letter to help the casework build up my life story - mainly explain how my 10-year continuous lawful stay in the UK has been built - here is some template i created and hope it would of any help to future applicants:

ILR Applicant: (name)
Payment reference:
Dear Caseworker,
Hope this letter finds you well.
Appreciating that it is time consuming for you to build up a 10-year life story for my ILR application, I hereby provide my visa timeline for my 10-year lawful continuous stay in the UK, and hope this would be of help with your work on my case.
1. 10-year lawful continuous stay
• Entered the UK on xxxx
• Application on xxxxx (date), x years x days after my first arrival entitled to my application
• No leave more than 180 days at once, and in total x days spent outside the UK.

2. Visas for Education (08/2009-03/2016)
• Visa #1 T4 (visa no:): 08/2009-08/2010 – Final year of my undergraduate in x University
• Visa #2 T4 (visa no:): 09/2010-02/2012 MSc in x University
• Visa #3 T4 (visa no:): 03/2012-03/2016 doctorate in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #4)

3. Visas for Employment (07/2015-10/2020)
• Visa #4 T2 (visa no:): 07/2015-02/2016 RA in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #5)
• Visa #5 T2 (visa no:): 02/2016-11/2017 RF in the University of y (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #6)
• Visa #6 T2 (visa no:): 11/2017-10/2020 Jobs a, b, c at y company

4. Other important stories
• Jan 2018 Issued a new passport (passport no), old passport (passport no) (See Appendix)
• 2009 – present, two police registration certificates (original), with reg numbers a for passport x and b for Passport y (See Appendix)

The above is supported by the documents attached together with the application, and a list is provided below as catalogue.
List of appendix/supporting documents:
Must have documents:
1. degree certificate
2. Other supporting documents – please see appendix list
3. Current passport
4. Current BRP
5. Old passport
Appendix:
Appendix 1. Property ownership evidence
Appendix 2. Photos with my friends
Appendix 3. Mortgage history
Appendix 4. Payslip, current contract of employment
Appendix 5. Utility bills (gas, electricity, water, TV license, broadband bill, mobile bill etc.)
Appendix 6. Driver’s license
Appendix 7. Car and house insurances, council tax
Appendix 8. Photos with my girlfriend (my girlfriend is local)
Appendix 9: Police Registration Certificates
Appendix 10: Life in the UK Test Certificate
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
(Name)

Good luck!

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:09 am

Hi all,

Thought I'd share the current availability for priority appointments if you're based in London (though it showed me options as far as Birmingham). I applied yesterday just after midnight and was able to see the super priority option right away. It wasn't until after paying that I could actually see what slots were available. The earliest date I could see was at the Croydon 'core' location for next Tuesday, the 22nd. There were three early morning slots there. For whatever reason, these three appointments had a £100 extra fee attached. The website allows you to search for "free" appointments. For me, the earliest free appointment anywhere was on November 13, to give you all an idea of how far in advance it was. Absolutely none of the "enhanced" service points in London it seemed (Kensington, Barbican, Hammersmith etc) had any availability of any kind whatsoever until the end of November. My choices really seemed to be Croydon or Birmingham. Even Victoria didn't have anything.

Questions - and sorry if this is not the right place but as most people here are or have booked a priority appt, I wanted to please ask your expertise:

For those of you who used the priority service appointment and uploaded your documents beforehand yourself - I'm a little confused. My path is ILR from Tier 2. As far as I understand there are a number of required documents that need to be scanned and uploaded - however, the actual checklist on my application form only has one item listed in the "Mandatory" field - and that's my passport. Everything else is listed under "other" or "optional." Here's what I am going to upload to UKVAS - I thought all of this was mandatory so not sure why it's not listed as such??
  • Current and old passport which covers my two Tier 2 visas in the UK - I have scanned every single page, even the blank ones to be on the safe side - does anyone know if this is too much?
  • 2 employer letters - one confirming my SOC code, salary, need for future employment, and the other detailing my absences
  • A separate tabulated list (chart) of all of my absences out of the UK in a single doc - averated around 55-89 days out of the country in any given year
  • Copy of my two BRPs -old one and current one
  • 1 month payslip - for me the latest is last month's (they only asked me for 1 month, no more)
  • 3 months worth of bank statement, which shows my payslip salary going in. Printed and stamped by my bank
  • UK Degree Certificate
  • Life in the UK pass
  • Home office check consent
The UKVCAS site also has a section on "residence in the UK." I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere in applying for ILR - I am applying as a single person, no children. Do I need to upload proof of my address?

Thank you all for your encouraging help. I can answer more questions about the priority booking process if anyone has any.

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 am

I applied the set (o) at same time as you on the 17th, paid £260 to attend the premium service at Birmingham on the 21th Oct. From my understanding as long as we uploaded the required documents to the website would be fine. No need to worry about why not all of them under mandatory section.

"residence in the UK." would be BRP. I have also upload my official copy of register

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:02 am

Thank you. I will include a copy of my register as well.

I just scanned all 50+ pages of my passport and compiled the pages into one doc. I just realized now that the UKVCAS site asks for black and white to reduce the file size. My files are already well under the 6MB limit - will this be OK, or can they reject it for being in colour?

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:39 pm

adisays wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:02 am
Thank you. I will include a copy of my register as well.

I just scanned all 50+ pages of my passport and compiled the pages into one doc. I just realized now that the UKVCAS site asks for black and white to reduce the file size. My files are already well under the 6MB limit - will this be OK, or can they reject it for being in colour?
No worries. All my documents are scanned in colour

Ana_columbia
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Ana_columbia » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi guys,
Been a silent reader for a while now, so thanks a lot for everyone who shared their experiences to date

Here is my timeline for TIer 2 spouse ILR super priority appointment.

Application submitted: 14 Oct 19
Paid Premium Appointment (48hrs decision expected/promised): 14 Oct 19 (same day)
Visa route: Tier 2 dep (5 years)
Supporting documentation was complete based on official guidance and experience people shared on his board - a very straight forward by the book immigration history.

Despite this, I have not received email, letter or any sort of notification so far (its been 5 working days), which is a bit surprising to say the least. Have also checked 'prove your employment rights' website and the message there is 'you can work in the UK. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.' Having read other posts, it seems this message does not really guarantee anything? is that correct?

I am planning to call them tomorrow to check if i can get any updates. Has anyone seen this before (i.e. a simple / straight forward Tier 2 spouse ILR case with no complications whatsoever has been delayed with no notification)?

I guess i will hopefully get a bit more information from the call centre tomorrow but in the meantime would be good to hear if others had any similar experience and what you did / planning to do.

thanks

lhrflyer
Newly Registered

Post by lhrflyer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:47 pm

adisays wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:09 am

Questions - and sorry if this is not the right place but as most people here are or have booked a priority appt, I wanted to please ask your expertise:

For those of you who used the priority service appointment and uploaded your documents beforehand yourself - I'm a little confused. My path is ILR from Tier 2. As far as I understand there are a number of required documents that need to be scanned and uploaded - however, the actual checklist on my application form only has one item listed in the "Mandatory" field - and that's my passport. Everything else is listed under "other" or "optional." Here's what I am going to upload to UKVAS - I thought all of this was mandatory so not sure why it's not listed as such??
  • Current and old passport which covers my two Tier 2 visas in the UK - I have scanned every single page, even the blank ones to be on the safe side - does anyone know if this is too much?
  • 2 employer letters - one confirming my SOC code, salary, need for future employment, and the other detailing my absences
  • A separate tabulated list (chart) of all of my absences out of the UK in a single doc - averated around 55-89 days out of the country in any given year
  • Copy of my two BRPs -old one and current one
  • 1 month payslip - for me the latest is last month's (they only asked me for 1 month, no more)
  • 3 months worth of bank statement, which shows my payslip salary going in. Printed and stamped by my bank
  • UK Degree Certificate
  • Life in the UK pass
  • Home office check consent
The UKVCAS site also has a section on "residence in the UK." I didn't see this as a requirement anywhere in applying for ILR - I am applying as a single person, no children. Do I need to upload proof of my address?

Thank you all for your encouraging help. I can answer more questions about the priority booking process if anyone has any.
You don't need to scan all pages. They will scan any pages with stamps in your current passport but all you need to upload is the photo page (and perhaps the visa stamps - I scanned these but I don't know if they're actually necessary)

You also don't need to provide any proof or your address

I also don't know why all the stuff other than the passport (and police reg certificate if you have one) is listed as "other documents" as obviously an application which misses them will be denied.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Thanks lhrflyer. Yes, agree - no idea why the site has only the passport listed as “mandatory” - mind you, it’s not only the SS site that does that. When I submitted my application both the form and checklist stated only my passport as mandatory. Of course I uploaded everything else but it’s strange its mentioned as “other.”

Another confusing point is I don’t know what section of the UKVCAS site to upload my BRP and old passport - some mentioned in the “residence in the UK” section and some said in the “proof of identity” section. I guess as long as it’s all up there it doesn’t make too much of a difference....

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Ana_columbia wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:13 pm
Hi guys,
Been a silent reader for a while now, so thanks a lot for everyone who shared their experiences to date

Paid Premium Appointment (48hrs decision expected/promised): 14 Oct 19 (same day)
Supporting documentation was complete based on official guidance and experience people shared on his board - a very straight forward by the book immigration history.

Despite this, I have not received email, letter or any sort of notification so far (its been 5 working days), which is a bit surprising to say the least. Have also checked 'prove your employment rights' website and the message there is 'you can work in the UK. There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK.' Having read other posts, it seems this message does not really guarantee anything? is that correct?

I am planning to call them tomorrow to check if i can get any updates. Has anyone seen this before (i.e. a simple / straight forward Tier 2 spouse ILR case with no complications whatsoever has been delayed with no notification)?

I guess i will hopefully get a bit more information from the call centre tomorrow but in the meantime would be good to hear if others had any similar experience and what you did / planning to do.

thanks
Hey Ana, if you have read from this site you may notice not all the people got the response from HO within 24 hours. Some peopl even waited weeks even though they have chosed the super priority service. I am going to attend the appointment tomorrow and will let you know when I get the response. p.s. I am in the same route as you - 5 yr Tier 2 to ILR.

Hope you can keep us updated for your progress as well. Thanks!

ahmerrulz
Newly Registered

Post by ahmerrulz » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am

Hello Everyone,

Please find below my timeline:

Applied for ILR via 5 years tier2 route

- Applied online and paid super priority fees (£3206) : 14th October 2019
- Uploaded documents online: 16th October 2019
- Appointment for bio metrics (paid 100 for appointment) : 18th October 2019, 8 30 am
- Email with ILR approval received: 21st October , 10 51 am

I would like to say that my process went really smooth and they did made decision within 24 hours as I applied on Friday.

I was eligible to apply via 10 years LR route and also 5 years tier 2 - I chose tier 2 5 years as I thought this will be straight forward. I have worked for 2 employers during these 5 years: 4 years with 1st and 1 year with current employer. My previous employer did not provide me with absence letter though I did a lot of business and holidays trip during the 4 years, all it provided was a one line reference letter that "Mr xx worked with us from xxxx until xxxx on permanent basis". Because my absences were more than 30 working days, I had to provide something as evidence - Luckily I had saved few travel letters issues by my previous employer at time of the trips (I didnt have all of them) I uploaded those and also a cover letter explaining that I tried to request letter of absence but they did not provide me one and also copy of their email and list of trips I made.

I also would like to say I didnt provide any stamped statement from my bank, all I did was printed online from my Lloyds account. And also my salary slip was taken from my company's portal and was not stamped or anything, not sure why people complicate these things.

I think if you provide with relevant documents and explain your case a bit with a cover letter, it makes it easier for them to process.

I wish everyone a very best of luck and happy to help if you have any questions specific.

Regards

Ahmer

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm

I’m more than impressed by the super priority service! Being a user of the forum, I would like to make some contribution as well. Below is my case and hope it will be useful for the applicants:

ILR Route : tier 2 to ILR
Online form submission and payment: 17/10/2019
Biometrics intake appointment - 10 am 21/10/2019 via premium service
Approval email: 16:00 on the 21/10/2019 (same day!!)
Decision letter received: Waiting
BRP Card : waiting

Thanks very much for the HO decision maker for the swift decision!! Well done!!

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:07 pm

hoho0731 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm
I’m more than impressed by the super priority service! Being a user of the forum, I would like to make some contribution as well. Below is my case and hope it will be useful for the applicants:

Hey hoho0731, congrats! Well done :) You must be relieved

I have my super priority appt tomorrow and I'm nervous! No good reason why, just am haha. I was told on the phone that after the biometrics and agent goes through your docs and then you confirm if you want to submit them? How long were you there in total?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:43 pm

ahmerrulz wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:08 am

I also would like to say I didnt provide any stamped statement from my bank, all I did was printed online from my Lloyds account. And also my salary slip was taken from my company's portal and was not stamped or anything, not sure why people complicate these things.

A lot of online bank statements and employer's E- payslips are very similar to original ones and if these are not marked as online then these will be accepted otherwise they should be stamped by the relevant bank/employer.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 pm

adisays wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:07 pm
hoho0731 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey hoho0731, congrats! Well done :) You must be relieved

I have my super priority appt tomorrow and I'm nervous! No good reason why, just am haha. I was told on the phone that after the biometrics and agent goes through your docs and then you confirm if you want to submit them? How long were you there in total?
its normal to be nervous prior to the appointment, so take it easy! I have uploaded all my documents prior to the appointment, therefore the agent only took less than 5 mins to go through my documents, 5 mins for taking picture and my finger prints. Final 3 mins to scan my passport( only around 6 pages). My appointment completed within 15 mins.

hoho0731
Newly Registered

Post by hoho0731 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Alexkung wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:44 pm
Very impressed by the service! Here s my case and hope it will be useful for further applicants:

Applied for ILR Route : ILR via 10 year long residence (Super priority)
Online form submission and payment: 07/10/2019
Date application submitted - 10pm via premium service (delayed due to lacking of docs): 12/10/2019 (finger print taken at lunch time the same day)
Approval email: 13/10/2019 Sunday morning at ~10 am
Decision letter received: 16/10/2019

Few points to mention:
1) organise you support documents based on your other reasons of staying in the UK (such as bought a house, have built up friends circles, commute to work and is used to driving culture in the UK - driver's license, have built credit line/insurance history etc.)

2) I wrote a casework letter to help the casework build up my life story - mainly explain how my 10-year continuous lawful stay in the UK has been built - here is some template i created and hope it would of any help to future applicants:

ILR Applicant: (name)
Payment reference:
Dear Caseworker,
Hope this letter finds you well.
Appreciating that it is time consuming for you to build up a 10-year life story for my ILR application, I hereby provide my visa timeline for my 10-year lawful continuous stay in the UK, and hope this would be of help with your work on my case.
1. 10-year lawful continuous stay
• Entered the UK on xxxx
• Application on xxxxx (date), x years x days after my first arrival entitled to my application
• No leave more than 180 days at once, and in total x days spent outside the UK.

2. Visas for Education (08/2009-03/2016)
• Visa #1 T4 (visa no:): 08/2009-08/2010 – Final year of my undergraduate in x University
• Visa #2 T4 (visa no:): 09/2010-02/2012 MSc in x University
• Visa #3 T4 (visa no:): 03/2012-03/2016 doctorate in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #4)

3. Visas for Employment (07/2015-10/2020)
• Visa #4 T2 (visa no:): 07/2015-02/2016 RA in x University (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #5)
• Visa #5 T2 (visa no:): 02/2016-11/2017 RF in the University of y (visa returned to Home Office to apply for Visa #6)
• Visa #6 T2 (visa no:): 11/2017-10/2020 Jobs a, b, c at y company

4. Other important stories
• Jan 2018 Issued a new passport (passport no), old passport (passport no) (See Appendix)
• 2009 – present, two police registration certificates (original), with reg numbers a for passport x and b for Passport y (See Appendix)

The above is supported by the documents attached together with the application, and a list is provided below as catalogue.
List of appendix/supporting documents:
Must have documents:
1. degree certificate
2. Other supporting documents – please see appendix list
3. Current passport
4. Current BRP
5. Old passport
Appendix:
Appendix 1. Property ownership evidence
Appendix 2. Photos with my friends
Appendix 3. Mortgage history
Appendix 4. Payslip, current contract of employment
Appendix 5. Utility bills (gas, electricity, water, TV license, broadband bill, mobile bill etc.)
Appendix 6. Driver’s license
Appendix 7. Car and house insurances, council tax
Appendix 8. Photos with my girlfriend (my girlfriend is local)
Appendix 9: Police Registration Certificates
Appendix 10: Life in the UK Test Certificate
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
(Name)

Good luck!
Hey Alex, could you tell me if you have received your BRP, please? If so, when did you receive it?

dhindsa
Newly Registered

Post by dhindsa » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 am

Ana_columbia wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:13 pm
Hi guys,

thanks
Hello there just to let you know as you said the right to work website has been updated then you don’t need to worry at all it means your ILR application has been successful trust me you will get your letter and brp sooner than later i had the same situation last month and it turned out to be true.
Congratulations in advance just relax

Jonu25
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jonu25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:18 am

Hi All,

Sharing my timeline for Spouse 5 year route setM

Application Submitted- 16/10/2019 Midnight 12:16 am within 28 days of eligibility.
super priority was available straight away.
Appointment Booked - 21/10/19 10:00 Am Birmingham Premium Lounge - Paid £200 there was also Croydon available on 21st for £100 at 8am but Birmingham timing suited me better.
Documents were uploaded in advance on 18/10
Attended appointment yesterday and was out at 10:25 am quick in 20 minutes.
Right to work website updated - 22/10 9:15am
Received ILR granted email from case worker- 22/10 10:11am within 24 hrs

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

adisays
United States of America

Post by adisays » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:27 am

Hi all!

I think I might have set a record time for ILR review... my appointment was at 9am today, I was out the door by 9:12am and I just got my 'application successful' email at 11:58am!!

Honesty I was losing sleep over this with the Brexit mayhem and uncertainty over the priority appointment availability, I'm glad to be put of my misery early...

Here's my timeline and some tips/suggestions:

Application Submitted- October 17th, 1 minute past midnight. Super priority appointment was available straightaway. NOTE: Even though I accessed my online application and submitted after midnight, the payment date in the email I got straight after showed the 16th. This worried me as if they considered my application submission date to be the 16th, this meant I applied for ILR 1 day early, and I didn't want to risk them throwing out my application. However thanks to Jonu25's kind advice, be sure to log back into your application and download the submitted form, which had my actual time stamp of the 17th on it. So if this happens to you, check your application form. My initial Tier 2 was granted on November 14, 2014. This meant the earliest date I could apply was October 17, 2019.

Appointment Booked - At midnight on the 17th, the earliest appointment available for me was Tuesday October 22 in Croydon. I had to pay an extra £100 for this. What this 100 pounds was for I have no idea, as it didn't include document scanning and it certainly wasn't a "convenient" time being 9am on a Tuesday. The earliest free appointment was not till Nov 17th. There was no availability at all until 2020 for each of the "enhanced centres" in central London. I scanned all my documents beforehand so I was at the actual appointment this morning for less than 15 minutes. People were generally polite there.

Received ILR granted email from case worker- 2 hours and 46 minutes after I walked out of Croydon today.

By the way, there was a template for employer letters and absences which was recommended to me by one of the mods but I dug around and found a much nicer one - happy to share what I used if anyone is interested in this.

Thank you for all the help on this forum, and special thank you to mod aman90.

sleekflow
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by sleekflow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 pm

I think today is a very fast day, my appointment was at 9am today in Birmingham, I was out the door by 9:30am and I just got my 'application successful' email at 14:39. I had just checked online where it says the validity of my current BRP and refreshed my email and i saw the application update.

Here's my timeline and some tips/suggestions:

Application Submitted- October 15th around 5pm. Super priority appointment was available straightaway.
Appointment Booked - On the 17th of October and i uploaded all my documents same day, the earliest appointment available for me was Monday October 21 in Birmingham but i decided on a Tuesday. I also paid 100 pounds for the service. Could get it for 60 in Cardiff and Newport but different dates.

Received ILR granted email from case worker- 4 hours 30 minutes after I walked out of Birmingham. Did not leave on time as i was waiting for a friend.

I also did not complicate anything, i uploaded all my documents myself and no help from anyone.