ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xzaf

Re: FLR (M) Documents help?

Post by xzaf » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:01 pm

so if my dad write something along the lines, "they can live rent free until they are able to afford to pay rent" would this be OK and acceptable by HO?

also would the mortgage statement be enough to prove the ownership of the property for my dad?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Documents help?

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:11 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:01 pm
so if my dad write something along the lines, "they can live rent free until they are able to afford to pay rent" would this be OK and acceptable by HO?

also would the mortgage statement be enough to prove the ownership of the property for my dad?

Thanks
Mortgage statement and title deeds will be needed along with council tax bill (optional). In my view don't use these words in letter "until they are able to afford to pay rent".
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf

FLR (M) in UK

Post by xzaf » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Hi

i think this should be straight forward to answer for those that have gone through this process.

I need to know the following:
  • do i take the original documents to the Biometric centre or copied onto A4
  • Passport of applicant and sponsor, again original passports or copied onto A4 paper. Also applicant passport will expire on 2nd March 2020 and we will submit application next week, will this be an issue
  • will the documents be scanned at the center when we go for Biometric and given back on the same day or will they keep them and send them back later
Thanks

xzaf

Re: FLR (M) in UK

Post by xzaf » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:44 pm

anyone please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:47 pm

xzaf wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:10 pm
Hi

i think this should be straight forward to answer for those that have gone through this process.

I need to know the following:
  • do i take the original documents to the Biometric centre or copied onto A4
  • Passport of applicant and sponsor, again original passports or copied onto A4 paper. Also applicant passport will expire on 2nd March 2020 and we will submit application next week, will this be an issue
  • will the documents be scanned at the center when we go for Biometric and given back on the same day or will they keep them and send them back later
Thanks
1. Take both for just in case

2. Same as above. Passport need to be valid at least on the date of application.

3. All originals/copies will be returned back upon scanning (which is the actual purpose of new system)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Thanks seagul,

Are you sure its not going to be an issue when the passport expires, i cant see we will get a decision sooner than expiry date?

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:16 pm

also what options does one get if FLM is refused? and is it also true that one can get put onto 10 years route?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:09 pm
Thanks seagul,

Are you sure its not going to be an issue when the passport expires, i cant see we will get a decision sooner than expiry date?

Thanks
If you are still worried then renew it before applying, only for your own mind satisfaction.
xzaf wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:16 pm
also what options does one get if FLM is refused? and is it also true that one can get put onto 10 years route?
why you think it can be refused?

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 pm

i'm just asking if it gets refused for whatever reason does one get put on 10 yrs route or is this not correct?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:09 pm

xzaf wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 pm
i'm just asking if it gets refused for whatever reason does one get put on 10 yrs route or is this not correct?
Not necessarily

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 pm

ok, we are going through the application for FLR and at the final stage

"Declaration of consent for the Home Office to request verification checks"

there are three parts to it first two understood but the third one is a bit confusing (see below), since my father in law is providing housing (he pays mortgage) and he does not charge us any rent (we don't live with him he has another house) does that mean he is financially supporting us so therefore he has to sign the part 3?

"PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party
sponsor

If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to
provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the
following declaration:"

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm

anyone please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:51 pm

xzaf wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:10 pm
"

there are three parts to it first two understood but the third one is a bit confusing (see below), since my father in law is providing housing (he pays mortgage) and he does not charge us any rent (we don't live with him he has another house) does that mean he is financially supporting us so therefore he has to sign the part 3?

"PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party
sponsor

No it won't be counted as financial support by third party.

xzaf

Document scanning UKVCAS

Post by xzaf » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi
I have submitted online application, but am a bit confused with the document scanning. I paid £60 for Biometric appointment booked for in November in Wakefield.

Does this price of £60 include scanning service or is that an additional service i have to purchase. below is an extract from their site and if you see the bold text...

Prepare your documents
Your supporting documents must be scanned and uploaded either before or during your appointment. You can do this:

yourself using this website (recommended)
by choosing our document scanning service and we will do it for you during your appointment (charges may apply for using this service)
Please note: if your appointment is at an enhanced service point, premium lounge, or is a mobile pop-up or VIP visit we can scan and upload documents for you during your appointment as part of the service.

What you must bring with you to your appointment
When you come to your appointment, you must bring with you the following:

Your current passport. If your passport is with UKVI or it has been lost or stolen, you will be allowed to proceed with your appointment if you bring another acceptable form of identification, see our FAQ section for more information. If you don’t bring your passport or another acceptable form of identification to the appointment you will need to cancel and rebook your appointment and may not be entitled to a refund of any service fees paid
The appointment confirmation document(s) you received as attachments in your confirmation email (that is, the document containing the QR barcode in the attachment for each group member)
any supporting documents you require scanning

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Document scanning UKVCAS

Post by Korekt » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:35 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm
Does this price of £60 include scanning service
Yes, if you need it.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 am

OK, but i dont remember selecting a scanning service unless its included in the price, the invoice i got also say purchased 1 appointment and nothing about scanning documents.

This is confusing it says charges may apply for using this service..

"by choosing our document scanning service and we will do it for you during your appointment (charges may apply for using this service)"

Thanks

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:02 pm

xzaf wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm
Please note: if your appointment is at an enhanced service point, premium lounge, or is a mobile pop-up or VIP visit we can scan and upload documents for you during your appointment as part of the service.
Wakefield appears to be an enhanced service point.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:54 pm

i understand that, but i just want to be sure the standard service i have (see below) does cover scanning. I dont want to go there and find its not?

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.94 KiB) Viewed 1231 times

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:16 am

Enhanced service points
We have enhanced service points across the UK. An appointment at one of our enhanced service points also includes the evidence scanning and evidence checking services. Prices start from £60 per person
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 pm

a question around savings, we are going to show some saving to meet the adequate maintenance requirement, my wife had the saving over 3 years, does she still needs to declare the source of the cash savings? i mean its saving from when she was working and then later her Care allowance.

i was reading this in appendix FM 1.7

11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon
in the application has been held in an account(s) in the names of the person and
their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 pm

xzaf wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:21 pm
a question around savings, we are going to show some saving to meet the adequate maintenance requirement, my wife had the saving over 3 years, does she still needs to declare the source of the cash savings? i mean its saving from when she was working and then later her Care allowance.

i was reading this in appendix FM 1.7

11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon
in the application has been held in an account(s) in the names of the person and
their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.
The above you quoted already answered you. It did not state that no need to declare if funds older than certain time frame/years. You will need to declare it.

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 pm

There is more to that, i think it relates to if a lump sum is paid by relatives in form of a gift - this needs to be declared the source etc..

can anyone else confirm please?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm

xzaf wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:01 pm
There is more to that, i think it relates to if a lump sum is paid by relatives in form of a gift - this needs to be declared the source etc..

can anyone else confirm please?

Thanks
Source need to be declared in all cases

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:21 pm

could the below statement be please clarified, does it mean full 12 months worth of bank statements or less?

Bank statement from anytime during the
12-month period prior to the date of my
application showing payment for my partner's
Carer's Allowance

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:27 am

xzaf wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:21 pm
could the below statement be please clarified, does it mean full 12 months worth of bank statements or less?

Bank statement from anytime during the
12-month period prior to the date of my
application showing payment for my partner's
Carer's Allowance
I'm assuming that is what is in the evidence document checklist from the online application? You only need to provide at least one statement to show it is being paid into your account to demonstrate you are actually receiving the benefit. You should also be providing official documentation confirming the amount received so you don't need to provide a full 12 months worth of statements though you can provide more if you wish as additional evidence.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.