ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Visa Application queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

friendankit7
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General Visa Application queries

Post by friendankit7 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi

I am filling Tier 2 General Visa out of country application, I am already in UK on ICT tier 2 dependent visa.
I got a few questions regarding the application visa. Please help me with following :
  • As I am will be applying from India, I shall give my current address as an Indian address. I have filled indian address and mentioned I am living there for a month. Previous address is a UK one. Please suggest if its fine
  • My wife is already in UK, so I have mentioned I have family in UK and provided her details. Hope thats fine.
  • I have visited GP for medical treatment and I have also mentioned same in the application form.
  • UK travel history - I have mentioned I was in UK once and the reason was Others. I also mentioned I was there as a dependent of my wife.
  • Accommodation Details in UK - I have mentioned I will be living in UK with my wife after visa and provided the address where we are living currently.
I have filled the form with all the actual information. Kindly suggest if I have provided correct information and it will not be an issue in the visa application.

SKJ1984
India

Re: Tier 2 General Visa Application queries

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 pm

As I am will be applying from India, I shall give my current address as an Indian address. I have filled indian address and mentioned I am living there for a month. Previous address is a UK one. Please suggest if its fine
- How long you have lived at that address. Dont give 1 month. Give the number of years and months you stayed there before you came to UK.

My wife is already in UK, so I have mentioned I have family in UK and provided her details. Hope thats fine.- Yes you need to

I have visited GP for medical treatment and I have also mentioned same in the application form. - Fine you need to mention this.

UK travel history - I have mentioned I was in UK once and the reason was Others. I also mentioned I was there as a dependent of my wife. - Fine.

Accommodation Details in UK - I have mentioned I will be living in UK with my wife after visa and provided the address where we are living currently. - Fine

I have given the below summary in application in Extra information section before Sponsor details.

I was residing with my family in UK from XXst March
XXXX as a TIER 2 ICT staff partner. I am applying
from India since fresh TIER 2 General application has
to be made from home country. My husband and
kids are still in UK with their ICT visa. I have visited
my registered GP and XXXXX Hospital for
general consultation few times (only doctor
consultation). I was not requested to pay any
money. I had paid IHS fee earlier (XXX 2018) in my
Tier 2 ICT Staff Partner visa application to access
NHS facilities.

friendankit7
Newly Registered
India

Post by friendankit7 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:49 am

Thanks SKJ1984

It's quite helpful.
So the duration of staying at the current address doesn't need to be the latest one. It should be total of all the duration we have stayed there ?

Have you already got your visa ?
Is there anything else I should take care while filling my application ?

SKJ1984 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:19 pm
As I am will be applying from India, I shall give my current address as an Indian address. I have filled indian address and mentioned I am living there for a month. Previous address is a UK one. Please suggest if its fine
- How long you have lived at that address. Dont give 1 month. Give the number of years and months you stayed there before you came to UK.

My wife is already in UK, so I have mentioned I have family in UK and provided her details. Hope thats fine.- Yes you need to

I have visited GP for medical treatment and I have also mentioned same in the application form. - Fine you need to mention this.

UK travel history - I have mentioned I was in UK once and the reason was Others. I also mentioned I was there as a dependent of my wife. - Fine.

Accommodation Details in UK - I have mentioned I will be living in UK with my wife after visa and provided the address where we are living currently. - Fine

I have given the below summary in application in Extra information section before Sponsor details.

I was residing with my family in UK from XXst March
XXXX as a TIER 2 ICT staff partner. I am applying
from India since fresh TIER 2 General application has
to be made from home country. My husband and
kids are still in UK with their ICT visa. I have visited
my registered GP and XXXXX Hospital for
general consultation few times (only doctor
consultation). I was not requested to pay any
money. I had paid IHS fee earlier (XXX 2018) in my
Tier 2 ICT Staff Partner visa application to access
NHS facilities.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:23 am

Hi,

Yes. The duration of at home address is total of overall stay in that address excluding any breaks where you stayed overseas. Say you stayed from 2010 till 2016 and then in UK from 2017 Jan. The duration of home address in 7 years.

Yes visa received.

Only submit the application form from Home country. you can fill it in draft but submit after you reach or land. (Submit after landing date stamped in your passport). When you fill it think that you apply from home country and not UK. This will make lot of questions straight forward to answer.

Though TB test was not required we submitted it and Police Clearance as well.

Go through the below post for documents we submitted.
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/uk-t ... 85323.html

friendankit7
Newly Registered
India

Post by friendankit7 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks again

Yes I tried to do so, but in that case it does not ask for any other address, so it treats it as I have lived on this address for last 7 years. The section to enter the previous address where I have entered UK address details is gone.

But if we take it with real words we should provide last 2 years address and we should give our UK address as well where we have lived for an year or more. If we don't mention that then we are giving wrong information. Isn't it correct ?

friendankit7
Newly Registered
India

Post by friendankit7 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Other question is does it matter if I submit the application now ?
Shall I submit only When I land in India ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:59 pm

You should ideally apply in India as there is a question in the form about previous visas and travel, which you would not be able to answer accurately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SKJ1984
India

Post by SKJ1984 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:17 am

friendankit7 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:50 pm
Thanks again

Yes I tried to do so, but in that case it does not ask for any other address, so it treats it as I have lived on this address for last 7 years. The section to enter the previous address where I have entered UK address details is gone.

But if we take it with real words we should provide last 2 years address and we should give our UK address as well where we have lived for an year or more. If we don't mention that then we are giving wrong information. Isn't it correct ?
Interesting point. Just now i checked my application. I have not provided any UK address as it doesn't ask it.
But I have clearly mentioned the address in Spouse partner details section. Also I have provided the same UK address in future address. And above all it would be evident from the fact that you were already in UK and you had a ICT visa and now trying to apply fresh T2 from India. If you are still confused, in the extra information section put the same details as I have said or attach a cover letter explaining all address details.

You are not providing wrong information. The application form does not ask for that information. :-)

friendankit7 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:57 pm
Other question is does it matter if I submit the application now ?
Shall I submit only When I land in India ?
I had the same query and I have even asked this to someone who advised me, I figured it out when I filled the application you need to provide the duration of your stay in UK. As CR001 suggested you will be able to provide exact duration once you land and technically you are making and application from home country.
This may look trivial. But I did not want to take chances against advice.