ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Implications of switching employer during sponsor compliance audit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

maryphelps
Newly Registered

Implications of switching employer during sponsor compliance audit

Post by maryphelps » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Our sponsor is currently undergoing audit. The decision of this process can take months. I had been searching job for past few months and should have a new job with a valid sponsor in the next few weeks. What are the implications of resignation and switching employer when audit is under process. Will my new Tier 2 application be put on hold.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Implications of switching employer during sponsor compliance audit

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm

No issue and No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maryphelps
Newly Registered

Post by maryphelps » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 am

CR001 thanks for the response. The existing sponsor license is highly likely to be suspended in the coming few weeks. If the existing sponsor license gets suspended and the new COS hasn't been issued then can there be any potential problem. Is it that the status of existing sponsors license whether under audit, suspended or revoked has no influence at all on the application with the new sponsor.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 am

If the existing sponsor license gets suspended and the new COS hasn't been issued then can there be any potential problem.

No.
Is it that the status of existing sponsors license whether under audit, suspended or revoked has no influence at all on the application with the new sponsor.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:52 am

maryphelps wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:44 am
CR001 thanks for the response. The existing sponsor license is highly likely to be suspended in the coming few weeks. If the existing sponsor license gets suspended and the new COS hasn't been issued then can there be any potential problem. Is it that the status of existing sponsors license whether under audit, suspended or revoked has no influence at all on the application with the new sponsor.
It's common for Tier 2 employees to leave their employers and find a new sponsor when the license of theirs is either revoked or in doubt.

The Home Office won't "punish" such employees unless they played an active role in the reasons why the license was lost in first place. Like if they find a fraud with the active participation of the employees, that's another story.

The only issue, is if your visa is curtailed and you failed to find an employer or to make the application before the end of the visa, then it can be an issue. This would mean you would have to go back to your home country and apply from there. But provided, things move quick enough, nothing of that can happen.

maryphelps
Newly Registered

Post by maryphelps » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:37 pm

I am grateful to you guys for clearing the doubts. Just one more: The application of my Tier 2 dependents was recently filled and is pending with home office. Biometrics will be done in another 10 days. Total decision for their application should be made within 8 weeks. Suppose I switch the company and get my visa before theirs how will existing application of my dependents get impacted. When they applied the system had asked for Tier 2 sponsor details. The sponsor would have changed by the time decision is made on their case.
Option 1:
Should I withdraw their application. Will I get full refund.
Option 2:
Continue with the application for dependents as is. Suppose I get my visa from new sponsor before their decision notify the home office that sponsor has now changed. Is this option even possible.