ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Critical Skills Work Permit refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alex90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Critical Skills Work Permit refusal

Post by alex90 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi,

I just got refusal for the critical skills work permit application. I have yet to receive a letter stating the reasons. Just wondering if anyone else going through the same situation. I have an advanced degree in Engineering (Non-IT) from a reputed university in ireland and I have been working for my company (Non-IT) since 1 year. But i was on my 1G visa for most of my employment and I could only apply for the critical skills after the probation period. Any insights would be highly appreciated.

someone suggested to apply for general work permit but my GNIB is already expired. How long does the decision of a general work permit processing take?

Thanks

kupuser
Ireland

Re: Critical Skills Work Permit refusal

Post by kupuser » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:49 pm

Did your employment, pay and qualifications etc. meet all necessary criteria for a critical skills permit?
Usually this permit refusal means the job / qualifications aren't listed in the critical skills employment list published by the department. I am not 100% sure if holders of stamp 1G are required to apply for work permit, the FAQ says holders of 1, 1A, 2, 2A and 3 immigration permissions are allowed to apply.
I think you should contact INIS and ask them for an extension of your stamp. Tell them you are currently employed and want to continue.

alex90
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by alex90 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. I went to the immigration officer and he said that Stamp 1g can be only be issued for 2 years which I have completed. I cannot apply for general work permit as well because my company did not do a labour market test. Though I am an engineer but my job profile is not listed in the critical skills list. completely at wits end. company is providing all assistance but don't know how long can I go to work without any visa.

kupuser
Ireland

Post by kupuser » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 am

It seems you have following options;

1. Maybe your company can do the labour market test (advertise the job etc.). They can specify requirements of knowledge and skills that you possess to narrow down the job specs. Although even if that is done you'd still need to get a temporary permission to apply a work permit.
2. Contact a solicitor and discuss the possibility of requesting leave to remain based on your history / connections in Ireland.

In my case I had received 3 options letter from INIS and applied for leave to remain. I was granted 6 months temporary permission (stamp 1) with a condition that I must apply for a work permit to remain in Ireland. I received my critical skills permit recently.

niksire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by niksire » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:10 am

It is really important to know the listed roles for Critical Skills Workpermit, Even thought the role is not exact one as yours listed on the list, Most company are willing to give the title based on the Critical Skills work Permit requirements.

I am not sure how this can help you now by going them again with the new application with the listed role on the critical skills work permit.

Tommy10
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Tommy10 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:13 am

Hi @niksire ,

Can you please mention what role you applied for to get the work Permit.