ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC - Statement of Comparability

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Financial Threshold Requirement For Spouse Visa Application

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 am

Good Morning,

I am looking to start an application for the spouse visa for my wife who is in Nigeria. I returned to the UK in July and I started work on the 11th of September 2019. From my understanding of the rules I need 6 months worth of bank statements and pay slips. My annual salary is above the £18,600 figure (£29,000).

My question is (my apologies if it's silly), do I need to have at least £18,600 in my account when I apply next year in March? Or do I just need to prove that my annual salary is above the threshold via a letter from my employer?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Financial Threshold Requirement For Spouse Visa Application

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am

Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:29 am
My question is (my apologies if it's silly), do I need to have at least £18,600 in my account when I apply next year in March?
There is no maintenance fund/balance requirement if you are meeting the requirement through working
Eaxz45 wrote:
Or do I just need to prove that my annual salary is above the threshold via a letter from my employer?

Thanks in advance.
Yes with employer Letter + payslips + bank statements (wages credits)
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:54 am

Eaxz45 wrote:
Good Morning,

I am looking to start an application for the spouse visa for my wife who is in Nigeria. I returned to the UK in July and I started work on the 11th of September 2019. From my understanding of the rules I need 6 months worth of bank statements and pay slips. My annual salary is above the £18,600 figure (£29,000).

My question is (my apologies if it's silly), do I need to have at least £18,600 in my account when I apply next year in March? Or do I just need to prove that my annual salary is above the threshold via a letter from my employer?

Thanks in advance.
You have to evidence that you have earned the correct amount in the period of 6 months as seagull mentioned above depending which Category you're opting to apply under. were you previously working in the UK prior before you left for Nigeria? or you just started working in Sep?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:34 am
Eaxz45 wrote:
My question is (my apologies if it's silly), do I need to have at least £18,600 in my account when I apply next year in March?
There is no maintenance fund/balance requirement if you are meeting the requirement through working
Eaxz45 wrote:
Or do I just need to prove that my annual salary is above the threshold via a letter from my employer?

Thanks in advance.
Yes with employer Letter + payslips + bank statements (wages credits)

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:19 am

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:54 am
Eaxz45 wrote:
Good Morning,

Thanks in advance.
You have to evidence that you have earned the correct amount in the period of 6 months as seagull mentioned above depending which Category you're opting to apply under. were you previously working in the UK prior before you left for Nigeria? or you just started working in Sep?
Yeah I was working in the UK up to 2010 before moving back to Nigeria.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:25 am

[/quote]

Since you have not been with the same employer for 6 months then you can't apply under CAT A except to wait for 6 months before you can apply.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 am

TODMATT wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:25 am
TODMATT wrote:
Since you have not been with the same employer for 6 months then you can't apply under CAT A except to wait for 6 months before you can apply.
Op clearly indicated earlier that he is planning to apply in next year march which is when he will complete his 6 months (Oct-mar).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 am
TODMATT wrote:
TODMATT wrote:
Op clearly indicated earlier that he is planning to apply in next year march which is when he will complete his 6 months (Oct-mar).
Thanks I just saw that after submitting the post

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

NARIC - Statement of Comparability

Post by Eaxz45 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at the above in preparation for my wife's spouse visa application, getting an exemption for the English Assesment Test. She did her undergraduate course in Nigeria and a Masters in the UK. Re the proof of English, can we use her Masters as proof for NARIC, or do we need to use her undergraduate degree, transcripts etc?

Also if we are able to use her Masters degree, does it matter what the result was?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NARIC - Statement of Comparability

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi,

I've been looking at the above in preparation for my wife's spouse visa application, getting an exemption for the English Assesment Test. She did her undergraduate course in Nigeria and a Masters in the UK. Re the proof of English, can we use her Masters as proof for NARIC, or do we need to use her undergraduate degree, transcripts etc?

Also if we are able to use her Masters degree, does it matter what the result was?

Thanks in advance.
1. Topics merged!!

2. Yes she can use a UK Master Degree certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 pm
Eaxz45 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:35 pm
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
1. Topics merged!!

2. Yes she can use a UK Master Degree certificate.
Thanks a lot.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm

Hello all, rather than start a new topic, I wanted to ask a question regarding income, a follow up to my previous question about income. I started work in the UK on the 11th of September 2019 so we are looking to start the application process on the 11th of March 2020. My annual salary is £29000 but I received £1,561.54 before tax and pension deductions as my Septembers salary as I didn't start at the beginning of the month. My monthly salary before tax and pension deductions is £2,416.67 How will I calculate the threshold based on it? My monthly pension contribution is £217.50. I read on a website that it's based on the lowest figure in the six month period. If this is the case, will I meet the threshold?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm

It is your gross salary, before any deductions. It must be a minimum of £1550 per month to meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:06 pm
It is your gross salary, before any deductions. It must be a minimum of £1550 per month to meet the requirements.
Thanks. I was confused due to the fact that my September salary was less than my average monthly salary, so I was assuming that the calculation would be based on it rather than the normal gross salary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:06 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm
Thanks. I was confused due to the fact that my September salary was less than my average monthly salary, so I was assuming that the calculation would be based on it rather than the normal gross salary.
It will be calculated based on the lowest gross monthly amount received, but the £1,561.54 you mentioned for September is higher than the minimum amount you would need to meet the financial requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm
Hello all, rather than start a new topic, I wanted to ask a question regarding income, a follow up to my previous question about income. I started work in the UK on the 11th of September 2019 so we are looking to start the application process on the 11th of March 2020. My annual salary is £29000 but I received £1,561.54 before tax and pension deductions as my Septembers salary as I didn't start at the beginning of the month. My monthly salary before tax and pension deductions is £2,416.67 How will I calculate the threshold based on it? My monthly pension contribution is £217.50. I read on a website that it's based on the lowest figure in the six month period. If this is the case, will I meet the threshold?
Better to wait another month probably April instead March 2020 so that you don't need to attach the payslip with lowest wages.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:10 am

geoeng wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:06 pm
Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm
It will be calculated based on the lowest gross monthly amount received, but the £1,561.54 you mentioned for September is higher than the minimum amount you would need to meet the financial requirement.
Thanks for the clarification.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:45 pm
Eaxz45 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:03 pm
Better to wait another month probably April instead March 2020 so that you don't need to attach the payslip with lowest wages.
She's due at the end of February, so we are looking to start the process as soon as possible

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Eaxz45 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am
She's due at the end of February, so we are looking to start the process as soon as possible
Up to you but it wont speed up the process. Usually on fulfilment of all requirements the application become more straightforward.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am

Hi,

I'm currently going through the VAF4A form, which I believe is similar to the application form for the spouse visa. With regards to the section about medical treatment, my wife did a masters in 2011 under the tier 4 visa, which has a health surcharge if I'm not mistaken. She was registered with a GP and was admitted to a hospital with chest pains, discharged the same day.

My questions are;

1. She didn't pay for the examination nor for her time in admission. Does this matter?
2. When she applied for a visitors visa last year and obtained, in the section where it is asked if you have ever been given medical treatment in the UK, her agent put no. Will this be of any consequence, given that I will be providing her NHS number?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am

Eaxz45 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am
Hi,

I'm currently going through the VAF4A form, which I believe is similar to the application form for the spouse visa. With regards to the section about medical treatment, my wife did a masters in 2011 under the tier 4 visa, which has a health surcharge if I'm not mistaken. She was registered with a GP and was admitted to a hospital with chest pains, discharged the same day.

My questions are;

1. She didn't pay for the examination nor for her time in admission. Does this matter?
2. When she applied for a visitors visa last year and obtained, in the section where it is asked if you have ever been given medical treatment in the UK, her agent put no. Will this be of any consequence, given that I will be providing her NHS number?

Thanks.
There was no immigration health surcharge fee ins 2011.

1. No, she had a valid non visitor visa and was allowed to use the NHS.

2. So someone didn't tell the truth in an official apllication. No idea whether it will have an impact but HO do check her previous applications etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am
Eaxz45 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:54 am
Hi,

My questions are;

Thanks.
There was no immigration health surcharge fee ins 2011.

1. No, she had a valid non visitor visa and was allowed to use the NHS.

2. So someone didn't tell the truth in an official apllication. No idea whether it will have an impact but HO do check her previous applications etc.
Thanks.

Re 2. She sent me her application that the agent did so that's how I was able to spot it. So it would be best to fill it out accurately and see what happens?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:50 pm

Yes.

It should be stated that this is correcting erroneous info previously supplied.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:38 pm

Korekt wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:50 pm
Yes.

It should be stated that this is correcting erroneous info previously supplied.
Thanks, will do that.

Eaxz45
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Eaxz45 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi,

Rather than start a new topic, I decided to put my query here as it's related to my wife's spouse visa application I believe.

We are expecting our first child next month and we were hoping to begin her application for a spouse visa next month but we have decided to push it back as I'm currently looking for new accommodation.

I looked at getting our new born a British passport as I got my citizenship via naturalisation (ILR after 10 year stay in the UK). Unless I'm mistaken, she automatically gets citizenship due to my status. One of the documents required for the passport application is "both parents’ full birth certificates (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) or both parents’ naturalisation or registration certificates". We do have our birth certificates but I was wondering about naturalisation certificate. I do not recall getting one when I obtained my passport in 2009, and I have come across the requirement in other applications like the Certificate of Entitlement or form MN1. Is this something that was introduced recently?

We are looking to include her documents as part of my wife's spouse visa application.