ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa BRP card

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sandeepmerala
Newly Registered
India

UK Spouse Visa BRP card

Post by sandeepmerala » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi ,
I have applied for My spouse visa in priority service on 23rd sep 2019 and received her visa on 28th Sep 2019. Dates mentioned on her visa is like the end of date on my BRP card i.e, july 2020. And she has not received the BRP decision letter along with the passport. She arrived in UK and now Am unsure about her BRP Card, whether it is needed or the dates on visa is enough. Please guide.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa BRP card

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:28 pm

What visa exactly has she applied for and received?? Is it a PBS dependent visa??

Please do not tag onto other topics are that are about completely different visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:01 am

sandeepmerala wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Hi ,
I have applied for My spouse visa in priority service on 23rd sep 2019 and received her visa on 28th Sep 2019. Dates mentioned on her visa is like the end of date on my BRP card i.e, july 2020. And she has not received the BRP decision letter along with the passport. She arrived in UK and now Am unsure about her BRP Card, whether it is needed or the dates on visa is enough. Please guide.
You will need to get the BRP card as it's rather useful for proving identity and right to work/live in the UK, the sticker in the passport really only grants entry to UK for a short period of time while the BRD card provides for re-entry during the visa validity period. Usually when you apply from outside the UK you will have specified an address and a nearby post office at which to collect the BRP after entering the country.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:32 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:01 am
sandeepmerala wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:26 pm
Hi ,
You will need to get the BRP card as it's rather useful for proving identity and right to work/live in the UK, the sticker in the passport really only grants entry to UK for a short period of time while the BRD card provides for re-entry during the visa validity period. Usually when you apply from outside the UK you will have specified an address and a nearby post office at which to collect the BRP after entering the country.
If you read the OPs post you will see they clearly stated the wife's visa in passport expires same time as theirs, ie July 2020. The op is likely a PBS dependent visa holder and as the spouse applied for less than a year visa, she won't get a brp card and has the visa validity in line with her spouse till July next year as a visa vignette.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:13 pm

Fair, read the post a bit literally.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

sandeepmerala
Newly Registered
India

Post by sandeepmerala » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi, yes it is pbs dependent visa. The thing is she has not received the brp decision letter along with the passport.when i enquired with my office immigration team , they suggested since she got visa dates until my brp end date , collecting brp card is not required. I enquired with the post office where I received my brp card( hers is also same post office location in application form ) they were asking for decision letter and told me her brp is not received

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:58 pm

She won't get a brp card if her visa in her passport is valid till July 2020. You are chasing something that does not exist for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sandeepmerala
Newly Registered
India

Post by sandeepmerala » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi,

I received following email from BRP Collection team

Thank you for your enquiry regarding your permit.

Unfortunately a vignette for the entirety of your leave to enter the UK was issued in error.

Following recent changes, applicants applying for more than 6 months should be issued with a one month vignette to enable them to travel to the UK where they will be issued a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

In order to issue you a BRP we will need you to supply us with 2 x passport size photographs. Please send the photographs with a covering letter which includes –

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
Nationality:
Passport number:
Case or VAF ref number:
Your Address:

Please send all details & 2 x passport photographs to

Freepost RRYX-GLU-GXHZ

RETURNS UNIT

PO BOX 163

BRISTOL

BS20 1AB

Once your information has been processed, we will issue you a biometric enrolment letter, there will be no charge for the enrolment.

Following your enrolment, the BRP will be sent to the address you have provided. It will be delivered by courier and they will require proof of identity and a signature.

Thank you

BRP Collection Team

I have posted the details asked on Nov 6th. But have not heard anything from them.