ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kiranm
Newly Registered

Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

Post by kiranm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm

I have 2 questions, would be great if someone can help me !

I have my naturalisation ceremony on the 29th of Oct 19 and i travel on the 18th of Dec to India. First passport take approx 6 weeks to get.

Should i take a chance and apply of the bristish pp ?

Or just travel on my indian pp with the ILR visa and come back and apply for the british pp?

please help.

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application of Bristish PP after ceremony

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:56 pm

I have my naturalisation ceremony on the 29th of Oct 19 and i travel on the 18th of Dec to India. First passport take approx 6 weeks to get.
That is the longest it could take. Most get the passport within 2 weeks these days.
Or just travel on my indian pp with the ILR visa and come back and apply for the british pp?
Your ILR is no longer valid once you become British and you are also required to send your ILR BRP card back to HO within 5 days once you have attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm

Thank you for your response

i did read somewhere that i have 3 months time to submit by indian pp and its okay to travel on the ILR

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Can you travel on Indian passport after getting British citizenship?

You can travel on your Indian passport after getting British Citizenship for up to three months. The 3-month period is calculated from the date of acquiring foreign nationality which is the date of issue on your Naturalisation certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:04 pm

kiranm wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:58 pm
Thank you for your response

i did read somewhere that i have 3 months time to submit by indian pp and its okay to travel on the ILR
You cannot travel on your ILR BRP card, your ILR is void and no longer valid once you become British. The BRP card has to be returned to HO within 5 days of your ceremony or face a £1000 fine and you will get a letter stating this. This has nothing to do with the 3 months grace period you have to use your Indian passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:11 pm

thank you again.

i called the passport office and they they do take 6 weeks so its best to apply when i am back.

Sorry to be a paid since i am traveling with my son i am a bit panicky and doing a lot of research and come up with this:

Can I travel on Indian passport after naturalization?
6. A grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on an Indian Passport. Therefore, no penalty will be leviable for travel on an Indian passport within three months of acquisition of a foreign passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:18 pm

i called the passport office and they they do take 6 weeks so its best to apply when i am back.
They would always give you the MAXIMUM it could take. See the timelines below, many getting passports within 2 weeks.

british-citizenship/british-passport-ap ... -6800.html
Sorry to be a paid since i am traveling with my son i am a bit panicky and doing a lot of research and come up with this:

6. A grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship, for the purpose of travel on an Indian Passport. Therefore, no penalty will be leviable for travel on an Indian passport within three months of acquisition of a foreign passport.
This has absolutely nothing to do with your ILR BRP card, which you are required to return to HO. As you have posted in the British citenzenship sub forum, I have answered those specific questions. For Indian passport queries, you should post in the 'Other Countries' sub forum. Your 3 months grace period starts from the date you attend your ceremony and become British, not the date you get a British passport.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:10 am

kiranm wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:11 pm
thank you again.

I have a recent personal experience related to my wife and her family members regarding BP application.

They are 5 family members.

They all applied on 6th Oct 2019 and received their passports already (2/3 weeks).

2 of the applications went to Belfast.
2 went to Peterborough
1 went to Newport

So all HMPO centres are approving in 2/3 weeks in majority cases.

Obviously, very rarely, if you are called for a passport interview then it might take longer up to 6 weeks.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 am

kiranm wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:51 pm
I have 2 questions, would be great if someone can help me !

Should i take a chance and apply of the bristish pp ?

please help.

many thanks
You can apply British passport on the day you do your ceremony (29th Oct) and most likely you will get it within 2 weeks, and then you can apply e-Visa recently made very cheap for UK citizens. I applied it earlier this month and got it with 4hours..by just paying £68 for 5 years multiple entry. I don't see any reason to be concerned about your travel on 18th Dec. And as advised above you cannot travel on ILR, hence you cannot travel on Indian passport after 29th Oct, unless you choose to postpone your ceremony after you return back from India.

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am

thank you all .

one more question, sorry to be a pain.

how do i apply for pp on the day of the ceremony, dont they need the naturalisation certificate:

as the docs needed are:

You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
You’ll need both:

your naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on

or does anyone know what documents are needed exactly for my british pp after naturalisation?

many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:25 am

kiranm wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am
thank you all .

one more question, sorry to be a pain.

how do i apply for pp on the day of the ceremony, dont they need the naturalisation certificate:

as the docs needed are:

You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
You’ll need both:

your naturalisation or registration certificate
the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on

or does anyone know what documents are needed exactly for my british pp after naturalisation?

many thanks
You receive your certificate at the ceremony - plus your passport as per application guidance.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:58 pm

1. Please do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. Your post was removed.

2. Have you read the guidance notes for passports???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:55 pm

sorry i am new to this, hence how do i submit a new post?

i did read the guideline, some place says i need birth certificate and submission of biometric.

and on gov.uk it only says naturalisation certificate and india pp.

so i am confused as i dont have biometric it was done when i gave my naturalisation application.

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm

sorry i am new to this, hence how do i submit a new post?
Keep all your questions in this topic you already have.
i did read the guideline, some place says i need birth certificate and submission of biometric.
The guidance clearly states what is required is you are a Naturalised British citizen. Note the same form is used for everyone, British born, British by descent, naturalisation etc etc.
and on gov.uk it only says naturalisation certificate and india pp.
The what is unclear?
so i am confused as i dont have biometric it was done when i gave my naturalisation application.
Where is it stated that you have to submit biometrics or BRP for a passport?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:06 pm

thanks a lot for your help.

have a question, does the counter signatories in the passport application form have to be same that have been given in the naturalization application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:23 pm

kiranm wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:06 pm
thanks a lot for your help.

have a question, does the counter signatories in the passport application form have to be same that have been given in the naturalization application ?
No. But they must be professionals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am

thank you .

Desperate on this query please

i dont have my birth certificate, do i need to submit my birth certificate for first adult passport?

as GOV.uk mentions it or is it only for british born?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am

kiranm wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am
i dont have my birth certificate, do i need to submit my birth certificate for first adult passport?
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:35 am

hi,
i finally submitted my PP application on the 30th and today i recieved a msg saying that we will contact u on the 26/11 if more info or interview is required. do not book travel.

can i call them after a week and see whats happening? should i be worried about this message as i travelling on the 18th of dec?

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:44 am

It is a normal/standard message.

Just wait to hear back!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:47 am

ok thank you

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:26 am

kiranm wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:35 am
hi,
i finally submitted my PP application on the 30th and today i recieved a msg saying that we will contact u on the 26/11 if more info or interview is required. do not book travel.

can i call them after a week and see whats happening? should i be worried about this message as i travelling on the 18th of dec?

thank you
If you have submitted as per Passport office guidelines, you will get your passport within a week. Otherwise it may take upto 6 weeks with to and fro of letters requesting to correct or more information. My photo was rejected thrice, killing a week for each rejection.

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 am

I received my pp first thing in the morning today.

thank you all for your help appreciate it.

Where do i need to submit my indian pp now and where can i apply for my indian visa?

many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:51 pm

kiranm wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:57 am
I received my pp first thing in the morning today.

thank you all for your help appreciate it.

Where do i need to submit my indian pp now and where can i apply for my indian visa?

many thanks
Please ask your Indian passport processes questions in the topic link below as it is not relevant to the British citizenship sub forum.

other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kiranm
Newly Registered

Post by kiranm » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:28 am

sorry i know this is incorrect to but i am a bit lost, i started a new topic and i just cant find it. i read the faq it says see in menu ...i dont even have a menu?

what do i do?

many thanks