ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocating while awaiting application is being processed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hellohello84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Relocating while awaiting application is being processed

Post by hellohello84 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Hello,
apologies if this has been asked before. Tried to look up for similar topics with no luck.
I'm a EU citizen, I have applied for irish naturalization at the beginning of June 2019, after roughly 7 years working and living in Ireland. However, since my application, I have been offered a job in another EU country (a relocation to a branch office of the company I currently work for) and I have decided to leave Ireland, maybe temporarily for a year. Do you think that I could move to another EU country without affecting the application process? Will I still be granted the citizenship?

pissedoffbyinis
Pakistan

Re: Relocating while awaiting application is being processed

Post by pissedoffbyinis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:06 pm

This will not be a problem as long as you keep an address in Ireland for the correspondences to be received.

nojoyfrominis

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:00 pm

I think it could be an issue as sometimes inis requests your address proofs for the period after the application submission. The onus is on the applicant to inform them of any changes.
You may send an email to citizenship department for more info.
Thing in your favour is that you are relocating temporarily for the same employer. So you still intend to have Ireland as your main residence after that temporary project

AlanCrowther
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AlanCrowther » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi,

I am in a similar situation with my wife. She is from the US and will be putting in her application next Jan. We have been offered a temporary posting for a project in another EU country through my employer. So my query is will my wife's application be affected if she moves away for 6-12 months while it's processing.

I will update if I get any more information in the coming weeks.

Good luck.

holahola84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by holahola84 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks all for the replies. I'll let you know how I get on.
I had to create another account as the Admin of this website did not help with the password retrieval of the account I used for my question (despite numerous emails)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am

holahola84 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 am
I had to create another account as the Admin of this website did not help with the password retrieval of the account I used for my question (despite numerous emails)
Admin is based in Latvia and rarely on the forum. Moderators don't have access to the admin email box.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

holahola84
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by holahola84 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am
holahola84 wrote:
Admin is based in Latvia and rarely on the forum. Moderators don't have access to the admin email box.
Would you be able to suggest any other solution to retrieve the password?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:31 pm

holahola84 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:50 am
holahola84 wrote:
Would you be able to suggest any other solution to retrieve the password?
Unfortunately I can't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:15 am

AlanCrowther wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 pm
Hi,

I am in a similar situation with my wife. She is from the US and will be putting in her application next Jan. We have been offered a temporary posting for a project in another EU country through my employer. So my query is will my wife's application be affected if she moves away for 6-12 months while it's processing.

I will update if I get any more information in the coming weeks.

Good luck.
Hi,
Would you please share the information if you got any. Thanks

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am

holahola84 wrote:
Hi
Would you please let me know about it. Will it affect the application? as my grand mother is very sick and I want to go back home country for 2-3 months. I want to know regarding same if you could share your experience. Thanks