ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent/Legal guardian consent letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

Can my daughter apply for citizenship or she will have to wait for 12 months ILR?

Post by ntt05r » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Our situation is I've just got the citizenship this week. My daughter has done 9 months on her ILR. She was born outside of the UK before any of us came to the UK to work. From what I have read on the Gov website, it doesn't look like she can apply for her British citizenship now on the basis she's got a British parent? She will need to wait until she has done 12 months on her ILR then apply on that basis?

Any advice is appreciated. And if you think she can apply now can you please point me to the relevant rules?

ntt05r
Vietnam

Re: Can my daughter apply for citizenship or she will have to wait for 12 months ILR?

Post by ntt05r » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:32 pm

I might have found the answer myself from the MN1 guidance document. Looks like her case will be considered at the Home Secretary's discretion?? My wife is also 9 months on her ILR; looks like they can both apply in one application?

"Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is settled in the UK."

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can my daughter apply for citizenship or she will have to wait for 12 months ILR?

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Both your wife and your daughter can now apply for citizenship. If your wife applies at the same time, your daughter can also be included as part of AN. No need for MN1 in that case
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ntt05r
Vietnam

Parent/Legal guardian consent letter

Post by ntt05r » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:33 am

Applying BC for my child and this consent letter is one of the required documents. I recall there was a template from the home office but couldn't find it anymore. Does anyone have a link to it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Parent/Legal guardian consent letter

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:39 pm

ntt05r wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:33 am
Applying BC for my child and this consent letter is one of the required documents. I recall there was a template from the home office but couldn't find it anymore. Does anyone have a link to it?
Just write a simple 2 lines consent that you consent to register your child as BC. Sign, date, contact details.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.