ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to calculate points for T2 General Application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CHENYHC
Newly Registered
Mood:
Taiwan

How to calculate points for T2 General Application?

Post by CHENYHC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 am

Hi,

The minimum point score has gone up to 40 since 2nd June, my application status is still under review and I would like to have a better understanding of points calculation. My employer puts £30k which according to the following link and statement 29.19 will be 30 pts. However, statement 29.23 would mean I score 50 pts.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/poin ... 74341.html (Published on 10 Feb 2019 from this website)

29.19 Your application must score a minimum of 40 points (that is, 20 points for “Job
and recruitment” and 20 points for salary) to be valid. You will not be able to
make an application if it scores fewer than 40 points. The maximum number of
points you can score is 480. (Tier 2 and 5: Guidance for Sponsors published on 19 July 2019)

29.23 We will award one point for each £1,000 of gross annual salary, up to a
maximum of £160,000. We calculate the salary in accordance with the rules in
paragraphs 79 to 79C of Appendix A to the Immigration Rules – see ‘Salary
information on a certificate of sponsorship’ for further guidance. (Tier 2 and 5: Guidance for Sponsors published on 19 July 2019)

It would be great if someone could clarify me the correct way of points calculations.

Thank you in advance!

christianf21
Newly Registered
Venezuela

Re: How to calculate points for T2 General Application?

Post by christianf21 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Bumping this as I'm very interested in this information as well, it is a bit unclear in the PDF document they refer to