ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zemyrk
Ghana

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Zemyrk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Hazani wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:05 pm
But I haven’t got decion email. I just asked them and they told me by Email decion has been made but it wasn’t official emeil 🤔🤔🤔
Yeah if you read through the thread, some people don’t get the “decision made” email. It doesn’t mean much though. Hoping for positive news.

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:31 pm

Yes hazani
I also didn’t receive a decision email
Just the mail to go collect it

dxb
Newly Registered

Post by dxb » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Timeline for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit
For my wife.

I am a EU National located in UK and my wife is Indian National.

Location of Appointment: VFS Global Mumbai South, India.

The application updates are:
Application submitted online: 07/09/2019;
Biometrics was taken on: 26/09/2019;
Application forwarded to UKVI on: 27/09/2019 ;
UKVI received the application on: 02/10/2019 ;
Received an email, saying the application will be delivered to the chosen address on: 14/10/2019;
Received Passport with Visa Stamp on: 16/10/2019;
Visa Stamp date on Passport: 07/10/2019;

Good luck to all those who have applied and to those who are awaiting a response.

Luisa87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Luisa87 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:57 pm

Hey guys,

yesterday I contacted them again to ask for an update and instead of escalating, this time this is the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your query, we have forwarded your case to the highest department.
You should be contacted shortly.

Kind regards,
UK Visas and Immigration"

Any idea what it means or who is the highest department?

Luisa87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Luisa87 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm

dxb wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:47 pm
Timeline for EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit
For my wife.

I am a EU National located in UK and my wife is Indian National.

Location of Appointment: VFS Global Mumbai South, India.

The application updates are:
Application submitted online: 07/09/2019;
Biometrics was taken on: 26/09/2019;
Application forwarded to UKVI on: 27/09/2019 ;
UKVI received the application on: 02/10/2019 ;
Received an email, saying the application will be delivered to the chosen address on: 14/10/2019;
Received Passport with Visa Stamp on: 16/10/2019;
Visa Stamp date on Passport: 07/10/2019;

Good luck to all those who have applied and to those who are awaiting a response.
Oh wow that was really quick! All the best to you and your wife

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm

My timeline
Online application- 24 sept
Biometrics- 8 oct
Acknowledgement of receipt- 14 oct
Tls collection email -22nd October
Collected passport- 23rd October
Visa stamped on 17th October
Am so relieved 😌

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:41 pm

Afiabajan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm
My timeline
Biometrics- 8 oct
Am so relieved 😌
Woow congratulations. I’m so happy for you and your process was so fast as well. Thank God for that. 🙏🏾

Hazani
Somalia

Post by Hazani » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Afia wow congratulations 🎉🎈🍾🎊 also am collecting my passport tomorrow excited, anxious 😟

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Thank u guys so much for the well wishes
I pray you all receive good news soon
@hazani
I was nervous the whole time but when I got the envelope and realized how light it was I knew I had got it
You’ll get it
@zemyrk yes it was really fast haha they had nothing to refuse me on
I pray you receive news this week
Good luck to u all

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Afiabajan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:11 pm
Thank u guys so much for the well wishes
I pray you all receive good news soon
@hazani
I was nervous the whole time but when I got the envelope and realized how light it was I knew I had got it
You’ll get it
@zemyrk yes it was really fast haha they had nothing to refuse me on
I pray you receive news this week
Good luck to u all
Thanks Afia. 💪🏾

lastchomikain
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by lastchomikain » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 am

EEA Family Permit.
Application submitted 29/09/2019.
Biometrics at VFS Global Mexico City 02/10/2019.
CoA from Liverpool decision cente 10/10/2019.
Passport with a stamp received 22/10/2019.
Permit valid from 15/10/2019.

Hazani
Somalia

Post by Hazani » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am

I have got my visa excited 🤩🤩🤩all the best who is waiting

Luisa87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Luisa87 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:15 am

Afiabajan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm
My timeline
Biometrics- 8 oct
Am so relieved 😌
Congratulations Afia!!!! Finally...All the best :D :D :D

Zemyrk
Ghana

Post by Zemyrk » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:25 am

Hazani wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:08 am
I have got my visa excited 🤩🤩🤩all the best who is waiting
Heyy Hazani, finally hahaha. Congratulations on that.🥳

Hazani
Somalia

Post by Hazani » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:29 am

Thanks finally

Afiabajan
Ghana

Post by Afiabajan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:53 am

Congrats hazani🥂
Ah finally
Thanks Luisa
Good luck

Hazani
Somalia

Post by Hazani » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks afia

malrad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by malrad » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:23 pm

Luisa87 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:28 am
Hi Guys,

Please advise :| My husband and I, submitted our application on the 22nd of May, we received a message on the 24th of May that our application had been received and followed by:

“UKVI aims to complete all Visit and Points Based System Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why”.

As of today, 24th September 2019, we have not received any update or correspondence at all. I paid a £5.48 fee on the 31st of July to get an update on my husband’s application. The response I received was that the application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. If it had taken more than 15 or 30 working days I should provide details of my husband and the application reference number. I replied back with the details asking for further information. On the 2nd of August I was advised that my case had been escalated to the relevant department and that I would be contacted within 15 working days.

At the end of the SLA period which was given to me, on the 23rd of August, I got in touch again as I hadn’t received any feedback. I received a reply on the 29th of August by a different person saying that my case had been re-escalated so should wait for an additional timeframe of 15 working days and that my patience was greatly appreciated.
I received a response stating that no further information could be provided and I was given a link to complain if I wanted to.
I contacted again on the 11th of September asking for an update as I had still not been contacted and also if we could get the passport we submitted or at least the scanned copy of the original passport for a transaction we needed to make as a matter of urgency, since we didn’t expect the application to take that long. I received a reply on the 13th stating that my case has been escalated once again and I should wait for 15 working days.

I have now submitted a formal complaint and I received an additional email saying that my concerns have been escalated and I should wait a further 15 working days!!!!

The department has published guidelines stating "as a rule EEA Family Permit should be processed in less than 4 weeks and delays of more than 4 weeks are considered unreasonable by the European Commission."
Guidance published online by your department and EC suggests that the manner in which our application has been handled is unreasonable.

Can anyone advise please, I have been reading people's comments but it doesn't look like it has taken anyone more than 4 months to get a response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Luisa! How did you make a formal complaint? I sent an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk but they said "Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this mailbox and so you will not receive a response." I'm trying to figure out the best option to complain about this unbelievable waiting time.

Adey

Post by Adey » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 am

Hi,

Anyone in the house that applied for residence permit in late July or did biometrics 1st week of Aug, kindly share your timeline please.

Thank you.

Luisa87
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by Luisa87 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 am

malrad wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:23 pm
Luisa87 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Please advise :| My husband and I, submitted our application on the 22nd of May, we received a message on the 24th of May that our application had been received and followed by:

“UKVI aims to complete all Visit and Points Based System Visa applications within 15 working days and all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the application date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why”.

As of today, 24th September 2019, we have not received any update or correspondence at all. I paid a £5.48 fee on the 31st of July to get an update on my husband’s application. The response I received was that the application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. If it had taken more than 15 or 30 working days I should provide details of my husband and the application reference number. I replied back with the details asking for further information. On the 2nd of August I was advised that my case had been escalated to the relevant department and that I would be contacted within 15 working days.

At the end of the SLA period which was given to me, on the 23rd of August, I got in touch again as I hadn’t received any feedback. I received a reply on the 29th of August by a different person saying that my case had been re-escalated so should wait for an additional timeframe of 15 working days and that my patience was greatly appreciated.
I received a response stating that no further information could be provided and I was given a link to complain if I wanted to.
I contacted again on the 11th of September asking for an update as I had still not been contacted and also if we could get the passport we submitted or at least the scanned copy of the original passport for a transaction we needed to make as a matter of urgency, since we didn’t expect the application to take that long. I received a reply on the 13th stating that my case has been escalated once again and I should wait for 15 working days.

I have now submitted a formal complaint and I received an additional email saying that my concerns have been escalated and I should wait a further 15 working days!!!!

The department has published guidelines stating "as a rule EEA Family Permit should be processed in less than 4 weeks and delays of more than 4 weeks are considered unreasonable by the European Commission."
Guidance published online by your department and EC suggests that the manner in which our application has been handled is unreasonable.

Can anyone advise please, I have been reading people's comments but it doesn't look like it has taken anyone more than 4 months to get a response.

Hi Luisa! How did you make a formal complaint? I sent an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk but they said "Any queries relating to making an application outside of the UK are not handled by this mailbox and so you will not receive a response." I'm trying to figure out the best option to complain about this unbelievable waiting time.
Hi Malrad,

that is the email I used to send the complaint to, complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk, I also Ccd lsecsu@homeoffice.gov.uk; Ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

What is your timeline?

jottika
Newly Registered
India

Post by jottika » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:24 am

Hey guys
Applied from: Bangalore, India for EEA Family Permit - Spouse is EU national with UK PR.
I submitted docs and biometrics on 18th Sep.
I paid for Priority so I called on 25th Sep and was told: Decision has been made, wait for your passport.
No email or passport yet.
I called UKVI again on October 25th. The kind lady escalated and gave me a reference number.
I hope it comes next week i.e. six weeks after appointment.

jottika
Newly Registered
India

Post by jottika » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:27 am

Luisa, malrad and others... I share your pain :cry:

malrad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by malrad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:46 am

Luisa87 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:03 am
malrad wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:23 pm
Luisa87 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Malrad,

that is the email I used to send the complaint to, complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk, I also Ccd lsecsu@homeoffice.gov.uk; Ukbacustomercomplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

What is your timeline?
Biometrics: August 9th 2019
Received at the Decision Making Centre: August 16th
Not Straightforward email: August 22th
First Escalation: September 23th
Second Escalation: October 2nd
Third Escalation: October 10th

I'll try to complain again using these emails. Thanks Luisa!

malrad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by malrad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:51 am

jottika wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:27 am
It's really frustrating. I'm almost giving up on this.

jottika
Newly Registered
India

Post by jottika » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:15 pm

malrad wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:51 am
jottika wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:27 am
It's really frustrating. I'm almost giving up on this.
We don't have the option of giving up. All we can do it wait I guess. 🙏 I am following you guys' stories and praying hard for us.